Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 27

Thread: Ron Paul calls on U.N. IP enforcement agency to confiscate his own website

  1. #11
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,693

    Re: Ron Paul calls on U.N. IP enforcement agency to confiscate his own website

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Yes, because being ignorant and saying dumb crap makes you look brilliant. It's kind of like how you treat current law. It's the law and your opinion and whatever you say is completely invalid. This is when you are talking about the civil rights law of 1964 of all things. I would love to see your argument towards the blacks in 1963. Your opinion is invalid because this is the law. Nationalists never were worth much I suppose.
    Hi, I am Today. I take it you must be Yesterday. Nice to meet you.
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  2. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Ron Paul calls on U.N. IP enforcement agency to confiscate his own website

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Hi, I am Today. I take it you must be Yesterday. Nice to meet you.
    Yes, and your argument was still pathetic. Just thought I would remind you that you can't deal with libertarian arguments and also alert you of what your argument actually details.

  3. #13
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,693

    Re: Ron Paul calls on U.N. IP enforcement agency to confiscate his own website

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Yes, and your argument was still pathetic. Just thought I would remind you that you can't deal with libertarian arguments and also alert you of what your argument actually details.
    I sidestepped an unnecessary discussion. Any attempt you or I would have in explaining the justification for the Act, we would be unable to justify it to you. As it is a crucial link to removing institutionalized segregation (which we see as a moral and just cause), force is the only option left to deal with stragglers.
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  4. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Ron Paul calls on U.N. IP enforcement agency to confiscate his own website

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    I sidestepped an unnecessary discussion. Any attempt you or I would have in explaining the justification for the Act, we would be unable to justify it to you. As it is a crucial link to removing institutionalized segregation (which we see as a moral and just cause), force is the only option left to deal with stragglers.
    Yes, and you sidestepped it by the absurdly stupid argument that the law is the law and any sort of disagreement is entirely erroneous at its foundation. Of course if that was the case nothing would ever change and there would never be a reason for such change. As for your argument here, you should have made that yesterday, but alas, its rather weak since its assumed by the right itself this is a condition of it. In fact, like I told you yesterday that is a large part of the point of private property.
    Last edited by Henrin; 02-09-13 at 10:34 PM.

  5. #15
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Ron Paul calls on U.N. IP enforcement agency to confiscate his own website

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    this is a bit misleading..

    Ron Paul did indeed file a complaint... to ICANN

    ICANN chooses 1 of 4 bodies to coordinate arbitration of the dispute... in this particular case, it's WIPO.

    ICANN is a non-profit corporation... and the deal with all sorts of regulatory agencies across the globe....

    the thing about it is, the folks who registered the domain names signed on with ICANN ( and thus, WIPO) to arbitrate.... now they are whining about being held to contract they themselves signed on for when they registered the domain names.... and appealing to idiots with the whole " Ron Paul is using the UN to come after us" bs

    Ron Paul doesn't have a choice in the matter on who to use ( initially)... the domain name owners signed on with ICANN and that's that.
    OK, RP isn't appealing to the UN for help; He's appealing to a govt created commercial entity AKA a corporation
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  6. #16
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: Ron Paul calls on U.N. IP enforcement agency to confiscate his own website

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    OK, RP isn't appealing to the UN for help; He's appealing to a govt created commercial entity AKA a corporation
    so?..what's the problem?

  7. #17
    Formerly ModerateGOP
    NeverTrumpGOP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Post-Trump America
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    10,622
    Blog Entries
    24

    Re: Ron Paul calls on U.N. IP enforcement agency to confiscate his own website

    Wait...Libertarians want to be taken seriously??? They expect the media to play nice with them while Ron Paul asks for government intervention to shut down a website with his name on it. A website that he wants back???

    And libertarians are arguing about the substance of the bias/misrepresentation in the article??? HAHAHA!!!! How about you guys, apologize for all the crap that you have pulled over the past year, and then we will start to take you seriously. (maybe)

    I'm not going to hold my breath!
    There's no greater irony than a Trump supporter pointing out hypocrisy; Unless it's Trump himself.

  8. #18
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Last Seen
    10-02-17 @ 04:49 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    521

    Re: Ron Paul calls on U.N. IP enforcement agency to confiscate his own website

    I find it amusing how 90% of you never read into this story. If you had you would see it is no big deal. He doesn't want the site, just the domain name. He could have gone about it differently but it is hardly censorship. He must use ICANN which is a private non-profit, for the process. But hey, don't let facts get in the way of your e-peens.
    Last edited by JRSaindo; 02-10-13 at 11:25 AM.

  9. #19
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Ron Paul calls on U.N. IP enforcement agency to confiscate his own website

    Quote Originally Posted by Einzige View Post
    I'd still probably vote for Rand over any of his competitors, even if I tend to actively dislike him even more than I do Ron.
    hmm, didn't see that one coming

  10. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Ron Paul calls on U.N. IP enforcement agency to confiscate his own website

    Quote Originally Posted by ModerateGOP View Post
    How about you guys, apologize for all the crap that you have pulled over the past year, and then we will start to take you seriously. (maybe)
    What have libertarians pulled over the past year that you have such a problem with?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •