Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 145

Thread: The Voter Fraud That ‘Never Happens’ Keeps Coming Back

  1. #21
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-17 @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    15,248

    Re: The Voter Fraud That ‘Never Happens’ Keeps Coming Back

    Quote Originally Posted by Arbo View Post
    Of course there is a lot of voter fraud out there. And most of the time those 'in charge' gloss over it, don't bring charges, and do not investigate. Why would they? It got them elected.

    The cry that it doesn't happen is absurd... as if the USA is a special place where such things have never happened in the past, or a special place that doesn't have such things happen in/to it that happen all over the rest of the world. It takes a special kind of ignorance to believe we are somehow 'pure' ...
    Except, of course, that losing candidates can contest any election because of illegal votes. Oh yeah, there is that. The courts must be flooded with these election contest cases.

    Not.
    "Groups with guitars are on the way out, Mr. Epstein"

    Dick Rowe, A & R man
    Decca Records
    London, 1962

  2. #22
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,191

    Re: The Voter Fraud That ‘Never Happens’ Keeps Coming Back

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    Critics of voter ID and other laws cracking down on voter fraud claim they’re unnecessary because fraud is nonexistent. For instance, Brennan Center attorneys Michael Waldman and Justin Levitt claimed last year: “A person casting two votes risks jail time and a fine for minimal gain. Proven voter fraud, statistically, happens about as often as death by lightning strike.”

    Well, lightning is suddenly all over Cincinnati, Ohio. The Hamilton County Board of Elections is investigating 19 possible cases of alleged voter fraud that occurred when Ohio was a focal point of the 2012 presidential election. A total of 19 voters and nine witnesses are part of the probe.

    The Voter Fraud That
    Why would requiring ID stop it? It's similar to gun control in that a criminal who is intent on breaking the rules is not going to let a law stop him.

    People will just get fake IDs, and the only people who will gain anything are those who make money selling fake IDs.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  3. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    05-04-13 @ 01:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    790

    Re: The Voter Fraud That ‘Never Happens’ Keeps Coming Back

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    You've already bought another one I see. It's the 'Obama only won the election because of little old ladies voting absentee and then turning up at the polling place' bridge.
    Obama won the election because incumbant Presidents USUALLY win elections.

    Al Franken became a Senator, allowing ObamaCare to be rammed down the throat of the American people, because of felons voting.

  4. #24
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-17 @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    15,248

    Re: The Voter Fraud That ‘Never Happens’ Keeps Coming Back

    Quote Originally Posted by Fisher View Post
    Every vote cast illegally effectively disenfranchises a person who cast their vote legally the other way. I thought Regressive, I mean Progressive Liberals were opposed to disenfranchisement.....guess not.
    Yeah, then there were those long lines in Ohio and Florida which finally caused people who couldn't stand in line for 8 hours to simply give up and go home - which of course was the idea in the first place. I'm sure you were equally outraged about that.

    And it still didn't work!
    "Groups with guitars are on the way out, Mr. Epstein"

    Dick Rowe, A & R man
    Decca Records
    London, 1962

  5. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    02-18-14 @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,660

    Re: The Voter Fraud That ‘Never Happens’ Keeps Coming Back

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    The laws are clearly being enforced in this instance, so what's your point? That Romney really won?

    This just in - he lost by about 5 million votes.
    The laws have not been enforced yet. Who said anything about Romney? Please try to keep up or try having someone read the posts to you.

  6. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    02-18-14 @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,660

    Re: The Voter Fraud That ‘Never Happens’ Keeps Coming Back

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Why would requiring ID stop it? It's similar to gun control in that a criminal who is intent on breaking the rules is not going to let a law stop him.

    People will just get fake IDs, and the only people who will gain anything are those who make money selling fake IDs.
    How well do fake id's work at the airport?

  7. #27
    Sage
    Arbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    07-12-16 @ 01:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,395
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: The Voter Fraud That ‘Never Happens’ Keeps Coming Back

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    Except, of course, that losing candidates can contest any election because of illegal votes. Oh yeah, there is that. The courts must be flooded with these election contest cases.
    I understand you can parrot MSNBC. But no reason to take pride in such a thing.
    "nah i think the way cons want to turn this into a political issue is funny though" - Philly Boss

  8. #28
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-17 @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    15,248

    Re: The Voter Fraud That ‘Never Happens’ Keeps Coming Back

    Quote Originally Posted by Wayno View Post
    Obama won the election because incumbant Presidents USUALLY win elections.

    Al Franken became a Senator, allowing ObamaCare to be rammed down the throat of the American people, because of felons voting.
    Well, that's not what the Supreme Court of the state of Minnesota said. You know, courts - where people actually have to produce evidence as opposed to right wing nut blogs, where you can throw out accusations without ever offering any kind of proof that would stand up in a court of law.

    By the way, since we vote a secret ballot, how does anybody know how these mysterious 'felons' voted?
    "Groups with guitars are on the way out, Mr. Epstein"

    Dick Rowe, A & R man
    Decca Records
    London, 1962

  9. #29
    Guru
    Diogenes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Last Seen
    10-11-13 @ 06:52 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,980

    Re: The Voter Fraud That ‘Never Happens’ Keeps Coming Back

    Very true. There was a column in the WSJ a couple of days ago about voter fraud in New Jersey. The author, an historian who is also a WWII vet, observed of his grandmother in Jersey City: "She died in 1940, and for the next ten years she voted Democratic." He also cited the time in the late forties when he answered the door for someone who was checking up on voters and inquired if Granny still lived there; he replied "She's upstairs taking a nap" and the "investigator" went away satisfied.

    Have you noticed that the libs have a lot of trouble winning elections in districts that require voter ID?
    "We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress & the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution."
    - Abraham Lincoln

  10. #30
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-17 @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    15,248

    Re: The Voter Fraud That ‘Never Happens’ Keeps Coming Back

    Quote Originally Posted by Arbo View Post
    I understand you can parrot MSNBC. But no reason to take pride in such a thing.
    A non- answer. Where are all of the court cases from defeated, supposedly cheated, candidates?

    Answer - they don't happen because in court you actually have to produce 'evidence'.
    "Groups with guitars are on the way out, Mr. Epstein"

    Dick Rowe, A & R man
    Decca Records
    London, 1962

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •