Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 53

Thread: Reagan's home could become a parking lot for Obama's library

  1. #31
    Sage
    polgara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,351

    Re: Reagan's home could become a parking lot for Obama's library

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Why is the Obama library not in Hawaii?
    Maybe because it would be financially impossible for his voters to get there? At least they can get in a car and drive within the US.

  2. #32
    Sage
    polgara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,351

    Re: Reagan's home could become a parking lot for Obama's library

    Quote Originally Posted by Pagan View Post
    Now I'm not one to call for making it a shrine, but to make it a parking lot for Obama's Library .....

    No one can say that this is not politically motivated and not only does it piss me off but it shows the complete lack of ethic's those responsible have .......

    This is very low

    And yes I would criticize the same for if it was the other way around
    It seems that a better choice could have been made. I wonder how much rage the other side would feel if ML King's house was involved. I shudder to imagine the noise level...

  3. #33
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,165

    Re: Reagan's home could become a parking lot for Obama's library


    So there's this old house that's where they want to expand, and because Ronald Reagan lived in it 100 years ago we're supposed to save it? Granted sometimes there's architectural treasures that you want to save, but it seems here that we must manufacture partisan outrage because it's Reagan.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  4. #34
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,165

    Re: Reagan's home could become a parking lot for Obama's library

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Why is the Obama library not in Hawaii?
    Same reason Reagan's library isn't in Illinois.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  5. #35
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Reagan's home could become a parking lot for Obama's library


    Oh boy, another conspiracy theory!!!
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  6. #36
    Student Pagan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Seattle
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 10:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    179

    Re: Reagan's home could become a parking lot for Obama's library

    Seems like Washington Times needs to do more due diligence on their stories -

    The story of 'Reagan's Childhood Home': A case study - The Maddow Blog

    So, the building will be torn down and the University of Chicago Medical Center will have more parking. Why is this politically interesting? It's not. What does it have to do with Obama? Nothing.

  7. #37
    Educator falcata's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    North East Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    08-10-17 @ 11:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    926

    Re: Reagan's home could become a parking lot for Obama's library

    Quote Originally Posted by Ray410 View Post
    The Democrats hate Reagan because they have no national figure to match his prominence. Obama keeps trying to get others to think of him as Lincoln and is trying to elevate himself to the status of Reagan, but his efforts are just silly, he looks silly even trying. It infuriates the Liberals when the Conservatives keep mentioning Reagan because they have no one at all and Reagan was very popular worldwide. He was a figure of humor and grace, without malice, very successful before running for President. All of the things that the Liberals hate so much about Conservatives.
    Excuse me if most of us don't practice hero worship.

    I don't see why modern day conservatives still worship Reagan even though he raised the debt ceiling 18 times and increased spending 8%.

    I also don't really follow when you say we dislike humor, grace , lack of malice and succesfulness.
    I traveled with Ivanka
    the way I normally do
    How was I to know
    She was with the Russians too? - Poetics by TurtleDude

  8. #38
    Elitist as Hell.
    Einzige's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    10-29-16 @ 02:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    2,655

    Re: Reagan's home could become a parking lot for Obama's library

    Quote Originally Posted by Ray410 View Post
    The Democrats hate Reagan because they have no national figure to match his prominence
    fdr3.jpg

    fdr1932.jpg

    roosevelt32.jpg
    I dip my forefinger in the watery blood of your impotent mad-redeemer (your Divine Democrat — your Hebrew Madman) and write over his thorn-torn brow, “The true prince of Evil — the king of the Slaves!”
    - Ragnar Redbeard, Might Is Right, 1890

  9. #39
    User
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    05-03-13 @ 01:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36

    Re: Reagan's home could become a parking lot for Obama's library

    Did NewsMax buy the Washington Times from Reverend Moon?

    This article reads like NewsMax.

    I see the Times at maintains it's standards of journalistic integrity.
    "The liberty of a democracy is not safe if the people tolerate the growth of private power to a point where it becomes stronger than their democratic State itself.
    That, in its essence, is Fascism -- ownership of government by an individual, by a group, or by any controlling private power." -- FDR, a true patriot.

  10. #40
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Reagan's home could become a parking lot for Obama's library

    easy question to answer............who's property is it?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •