Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 53

Thread: Reagan's home could become a parking lot for Obama's library

  1. #11
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,285
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Reagan's home could become a parking lot for Obama's library

    Quote Originally Posted by Ray410 View Post
    The Democrats hate Reagan because they have no national figure to match his prominence. Obama keeps trying to get others to think of him as Lincoln and is trying to elevate himself to the status of Reagan, but his efforts are just silly, he looks silly even trying. It infuriates the Liberals when the Conservatives keep mentioning Reagan because they have no one at all and Reagan was very popular worldwide. He was a figure of humor and grace, without malice, very successful before running for President. All of the things that the Liberals hate so much about Conservatives.
    I think it makes some liberals laugh that Far Right Conservatives keep bringing up Reagan because the GOP of today would cast him out as a socialist and a leftie.

  2. #12
    Guru

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Nevada
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,838

    Re: Reagan's home could become a parking lot for Obama's library

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    I think it makes some liberals laugh that Far Right Conservatives keep bringing up Reagan because the GOP of today would cast him out as a socialist and a leftie.
    The establishment Republicans of today would cast Reagan out, but for exactly the opposite reasons than you state. The establishment Republicans are the leftist socialists who are endlessly annoyed by their Conservative base. Boehner wants more than anything to surrender to Obama. Hopefully, we will continue to weed these people out of the Republican Party.

  3. #13
    free market communist
    Gardener's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    09-30-17 @ 12:27 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,661

    Re: Reagan's home could become a parking lot for Obama's library

    Quote Originally Posted by Ray410 View Post
    The Democrats hate Reagan because they have no national figure to match his prominence. Obama keeps trying to get others to think of him as Lincoln and is trying to elevate himself to the status of Reagan, but his efforts are just silly, he looks silly even trying. It infuriates the Liberals when the Conservatives keep mentioning Reagan because they have no one at all and Reagan was very popular worldwide. He was a figure of humor and grace, without malice, very successful before running for President. All of the things that the Liberals hate so much about Conservatives.
    I don't hate conservatives, but I do laugh at the stupid ones who are only capable of viewing the world as if it were some old cowboy movie.

    Of course, I say the same things about the portion of the left that does the same thing.
    "you're better off on Stormfront discussing how evil brown men are taking innocent white flowers." Infinite Chaos

  4. #14
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,775

    Re: Reagan's home could become a parking lot for Obama's library

    Quote Originally Posted by Ray410 View Post
    The establishment Republicans of today would cast Reagan out, but for exactly the opposite reasons than you state. The establishment Republicans are the leftist socialists who are endlessly annoyed by their Conservative base. Boehner wants more than anything to surrender to Obama. Hopefully, we will continue to weed these people out of the Republican Party.
    Amnesty for illegal immigrants, laid foundation for cap and trade, reduction in nuclear weapon stockpiles, raised taxes 11 times, tripled national debt, appointed two SCOTUS judges who upheld Roe v. Wade, supported stricter gun control.

    Sound like someone the Tea Party would vote for?
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  5. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    01-17-16 @ 05:09 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,122

    Re: Reagan's home could become a parking lot for Obama's library

    The spot would most appropriately used for a septic tank.

  6. #16
    Pragmatic Idealist
    upsideguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Rocky Mtn. High
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,072

    Re: Reagan's home could become a parking lot for Obama's library

    Quote Originally Posted by Ray410 View Post
    The establishment Republicans of today would cast Reagan out, but for exactly the opposite reasons than you state. The establishment Republicans are the leftist socialists who are endlessly annoyed by their Conservative base. Boehner wants more than anything to surrender to Obama. Hopefully, we will continue to weed these people out of the Republican Party.

    I love it... as do Democratic campaign strategists everywhere.

    Just keep recruiting the Todd Akins', the Christine O'Donnell's, the Ken Buck's, the Richard Mourdock's, the Sharon Engel's and the Sarah Palin's...... lord knows where you find these people, but the Cons are good at it. That guy in Kentucky needs as whippin' from the right. Keep 'em coming...
    Last edited by upsideguy; 02-01-13 at 01:37 AM.

  7. #17
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: Reagan's home could become a parking lot for Obama's library

    I don't care what they do in Chicago, it's not like i'll ever set foot in that city anyways.

    taken at face value, this sound very politically motivated....I don't really believe coincidences.

  8. #18
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: Reagan's home could become a parking lot for Obama's library

    Quote Originally Posted by Hard Truth View Post
    The spot would most appropriately used for a septic tank.
    Chicago sucks that bad eh?...

  9. #19
    Sage
    OldWorldOrder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    10-12-15 @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,820

    Re: Reagan's home could become a parking lot for Obama's library

    I couldn't care even one iota.
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected.
    -GK Chesterton

  10. #20
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,675

    Re: Reagan's home could become a parking lot for Obama's library

    The University of Chicago (absolutely no stranger to conservative luminaries: libertarian, Reaganite, or neoconservative), is supposedly not going to do that.

    The vacant building in question is owned by the University of Chicago. University spokesman Jeremy Manier said they do plan to tear it down – but for medical and biological research buildings, not President Obama’s future library.
    “The University’s permit request currently is under review by the city,” Manier wrote in an emailed statement. “Recent media reports that have speculated on other potential uses of the property are inaccurate.”
    Obama’s Library is Not Taking Down Reagan’s House - ABC News
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •