Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 260

Thread: Anonymous Threatens Massive WikiLeaks-Style Exposure, Announced On Hacked Gov Site

  1. #111
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:43 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,460

    Re: Constrictive Hacking!

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    So basically we can't do anything to stop treason in our government but we can arrest people that fight against it. How wonderful.
    People in government get busted all the time for doing bad things....

    List of American federal politicians convicted of crimes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    List of American state and local politicians convicted of crimes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    ...it's the crooks in the financial sector that get off scot free.

  2. #112
    Relentless Thinking Fury
    ChezC3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,123

    Re: Constrictive Hacking!

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    We're not going to round up anybody....except maybe a few hackers. If the hackers have a grievence they should exercise their constitutional right to petition the government just like everyone else has to, instead of using censorship, intimidation, and commiting robbery, blackmail and treason.
    You'll forgive me if I'm not impressed with the "exercise their constitutional rights" argument. They have been getting trampled on since before the ink that penned them, dried...


    and as much as I hate to let my cynicism show, that list of offenses you've provided seems more of an items on the agenda that could be found at whitehouse.gov than anything else...

  3. #113
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:43 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,460

    Re: Constrictive Hacking!

    Quote Originally Posted by ChezC3 View Post
    You'll forgive me if I'm not impressed with the "exercise their constitutional rights" argument. They have been getting trampled on since before the ink that penned them, dried...


    and as much as I hate to let my cynicism show, that list of offenses you've provided seems more of an items on the agenda that could be found at whitehouse.gov than anything else...
    But you are impressed with the criminal actions of hackers. Anonymous are the tramplers because they think that our laws don't apply to them. Currently, they are trying to blackmail the US government as if it were playing a video game.

  4. #114
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:59 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,272
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Constrictive Hacking!

    Quote Originally Posted by ChezC3 View Post
    You'll forgive me if I'm not impressed with the "exercise their constitutional rights" argument. They have been getting trampled on since before the ink that penned them, dried...


    and as much as I hate to let my cynicism show, that list of offenses you've provided seems more of an items on the agenda that could be found at whitehouse.gov than anything else...
    And how much change will result from stealing credit card numbers, interfering with a government serving it's people, and posting flashing gifs on a message board for epileptics?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  5. #115
    Relentless Thinking Fury
    ChezC3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,123

    Re: Constrictive Hacking!

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    But you are impressed with the criminal actions of hackers. Anonymous are the tramplers because they think that our laws don't apply to them. Currently, they are trying to blackmail the US government as if it were playing a video game.
    Not joining in the witchhunt and finding the endless call on any group who doesn't agree with the government a terrorist a bore equates to me being impressed? Interesting leap.

    and exactly how is Anonymous 'blackmailing' the government?

  6. #116
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:43 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,460

    Re: Constrictive Hacking!

    Quote Originally Posted by ChezC3 View Post
    Not joining in the witchhunt and finding the endless call on any group who doesn't agree with the government a terrorist a bore equates to me being impressed? Interesting leap.

    and exactly how is Anonymous 'blackmailing' the government?
    You wouldn't have to ask if you had the read the OP link and read the thread before posting. You don't seem to know or understand very much about who or what you're trying to defend.

  7. #117
    Anti political parties
    FreedomFromAll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    New Mexico USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,040

    Re: Anonymous Threatens Massive WikiLeaks-Style Exposure, Announced On Hacked Gov Sit

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    This discussion of war is really irrelevant to this thread since Anonymous are not soldiers, nor are they fighting a war. They are simply criminals.
    Can you say that with certainty that they are not engaged in war? After all they are anonymous how do you really know what their motives are and who they are?

  8. #118
    Student BigRedChief's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    In my mind
    Last Seen
    07-11-16 @ 11:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    200

    Re: Constrictive Hacking!

    Quote Originally Posted by Jredbaron96 View Post
    While I'm reading this thread, I can't help but think of this quote:

    "One cannot possible be a terrorist if he stands by a just cause."


    Guess we'll see where this goes.
    And thats what every Al-Quada and suicide bomber has ever said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    The constitution says corporations have some of the same rights as "persons".

  9. #119
    Sage
    Geoist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    9,830

    Re: Constrictive Hacking!

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    You have an odd definition of "civilian" Here are some of the "non-civilian" groups Anonymous has targeted just since 2010:

    Oregon Tea Party
    Aiplex Software
    Sony
    Amazon
    PayPal
    Mastercard
    Visa
    PostFinance
    Fine Gael
    HBGary Federal
    Westborough Baptist Church
    Koch Industries
    Bank Of America
    Facebook
    UMG
    Warner Brothers Music
    The Vatican
    Symatec/Norton
    Formula One
    Actually you are the one with an odd definition of civilian. Civilians are individuals, not corporations.

    Interesting, a liberal making an argument for corporations being people.
    "Men did not make the earth ... it is the value of the improvement only, and not the earth itself, that is individual property... Every proprietor owes to the community a ground rent for the land which he holds." -- Thomas Paine, Agrarian Justice
    http://www.wealthandwant.com/

  10. #120
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:59 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,272
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Anonymous Threatens Massive WikiLeaks-Style Exposure, Announced On Hacked Gov Sit

    Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFromAll View Post
    Can you say that with certainty that they are not engaged in war? After all they are anonymous how do you really know what their motives are and who they are?
    If you are commiting criminal acts, you are a criminal. You don't fight wars from momies basement by stealing credit card numbers.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •