Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 219

Thread: Limbaugh: Itís Up To Me And Fox News To Stop Amnesty

  1. #131
    Guru

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Nevada
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,838

    Re: Limbaugh: Itís Up To Me And Fox News To Stop Amnesty

    Quote Originally Posted by mak2 View Post
    Exactly what "benefits" do illegal immigrants get? I used to beleive this too. The only "benefit" they get is to be medically stablizied until sent back home. Illegals get NO benefits.
    Consider the virtues of living in a cardboard shack on a dirt road next to a garbage dump where you look for food. Do you see any difference now?

  2. #132
    Sage
    mak2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    07-08-16 @ 01:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,050

    Re: Limbaugh: Itís Up To Me And Fox News To Stop Amnesty

    If they did not have a job up here they would be in exactly the same situation. They get zero benefits here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray410 View Post
    Consider the virtues of living in a cardboard shack on a dirt road next to a garbage dump where you look for food. Do you see any difference now?
    God Bless the Marine Corps.

  3. #133
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    09-18-16 @ 03:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,029

    Re: Limbaugh: Itís Up To Me And Fox News To Stop Amnesty

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    Yeah it does, IN DICTA! Dicta is not a holding. Time for you to admit you have no clue what you are talking about.
    Jesus.


    In his famous Footnote 54, Justice Harry Blackmun wrote:

    "When Texas urges that a fetus is entitled to Fourteenth Amendment protection as a person, it faces a dilemma. Neither in Texas nor in any other State are all abortions prohibited. Despite broad proscription, an exception always exists. The exception contained [410 U.S. 113, 158] in Art. 1196, for an abortion procured or attempted by medical advice for the purpose of saving the life of the mother, is typical. But if the fetus is a person who is not to be deprived of life without due process of law, and if the mother's condition is the sole determinant, does not the Texas exception appear to be out of line with the Amendment's command?

    There are other inconsistencies between Fourteenth Amendment status and the typical abortion statute. It has already been pointed out, n. 49, supra, that in Texas the woman is not a principal or an accomplice with respect to an abortion upon her. If the fetus is a person, why is the woman not a principal or an accomplice? Further, the penalty for criminal abortion specified by Art. 1195 is significantly less than the maximum penalty for murder prescribed by Art. 1257 of the Texas Penal Code. If the fetus is a person, may the penalties be different?"

    This is part of rebutting Texas's claim and hence is the reasoning (not dicta) of the opinion.

    Libertarian lawyers! What fun!

  4. #134
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    01-17-16 @ 05:09 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,122

    Re: Limbaugh: Itís Up To Me And Fox News To Stop Amnesty

    Quote Originally Posted by Ray410 View Post
    Completely wrong. They're here now and stay for the superior benefits of "not working" in the United States as compared to "not working" in Mexico.....
    Very few illegal immigrants succeed in obtaining all of the fake documents required to obtain welfare or other benefits, except that their kids go to school. When I see probable illegal aliens they are out by the building supply store looking for day jobs or going to work as maids or baby sitters in private homes. I have never seen anyone who looks like a legal resident (that is European or African looking) seeking day jobs. When I see groups of people just hanging out drinking etc. they mostly appear to be legal residents, very few appear to be Hispanic. In my extensive experience, Hispanic immigrants are among the hardest working people in this country.

  5. #135
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    05-01-14 @ 03:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    12,879

    Re: Limbaugh: Itís Up To Me And Fox News To Stop Amnesty

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    Having read many of your other posts I can only shake my head. No-starters are your forte. Fortunately neither you or anyone in government is willing to shoot men, women and children at the border. Fewer still willing to herd them into gas chambers once they have been here awhile.
    You're right that our government would never be willing to do such a thing. It wouldn't look good on tv or when they go to that dinner with the folks from the UN. I mean defending our borders is so passe these days.

  6. #136
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    09-18-16 @ 03:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,029

    Re: Limbaugh: Itís Up To Me And Fox News To Stop Amnesty

    Quote Originally Posted by mak2 View Post
    Exactly what "benefits" do illegal immigrants get? I used to beleive this too. The only "benefit" they get is to be medically stablizied until sent back home. Illegals get NO benefits.
    It's part of the scapegoating meme. The rightwing noise machine claims illegal workers are getting "welfare" and living high on the hog. In fact most of them pay taxes and get little or no direct government services. The only ones are, as you pointed out ER treatment and their kids can go to public school. It is virtually impossible for a illegal worker to get TANF or any other benefit.

    Most studies show that the direct tax costs and revenues with respect to illegals is a wash, or government gets a slight benefit (this doesn't mean there aren't other effects, like wage suppression, but that not the immigrants fault, that's the fault of the large corporations in the agribusiness, hospitality and meat processing industry who knowingly hire them -- they just want to work)

    More evidence of the intellectual bankruptcy of the right

  7. #137
    Sage
    Guy Incognito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,216

    Re: Limbaugh: Itís Up To Me And Fox News To Stop Amnesty

    Quote Originally Posted by head of joaquin View Post
    Jesus.


    In his famous Footnote 54, Justice Harry Blackmun wrote:

    "When Texas urges that a fetus is entitled to Fourteenth Amendment protection as a person, it faces a dilemma. Neither in Texas nor in any other State are all abortions prohibited. Despite broad proscription, an exception always exists. The exception contained [410 U.S. 113, 158] in Art. 1196, for an abortion procured or attempted by medical advice for the purpose of saving the life of the mother, is typical. But if the fetus is a person who is not to be deprived of life without due process of law, and if the mother's condition is the sole determinant, does not the Texas exception appear to be out of line with the Amendment's command?

    There are other inconsistencies between Fourteenth Amendment status and the typical abortion statute. It has already been pointed out, n. 49, supra, that in Texas the woman is not a principal or an accomplice with respect to an abortion upon her. If the fetus is a person, why is the woman not a principal or an accomplice? Further, the penalty for criminal abortion specified by Art. 1195 is significantly less than the maximum penalty for murder prescribed by Art. 1257 of the Texas Penal Code. If the fetus is a person, may the penalties be different?"

    This is part of rebutting Texas's claim and hence is the reasoning (not dicta) of the opinion.

    Libertarian lawyers! What fun!
    Reasoning that doesn't go to the holding is the same thing as dicta. If it's not a holding, it's dicta. You don't have to be a lawyer to know that.
    Last edited by Guy Incognito; 01-31-13 at 02:19 PM.

  8. #138
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    09-18-16 @ 03:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,029

    Re: Limbaugh: Itís Up To Me And Fox News To Stop Amnesty

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    Reasoning that doesn't go to the holding is the same thing as dicta. If it's not a holding, it's dicta. You don't have to be a lawyer to know that.
    Nope. The holding never includes "reasoning". The holding is the holding. You get to the holding by the reasoning. Dicta is just comments by the court that are not part of the reasoning or the holding, but express the court's thinking on related issues or issues that might arise in the future, as a guidepost.

    Try again.

    I love libertarian lawyering!

  9. #139
    Guru

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Nevada
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,838

    Re: Limbaugh: Itís Up To Me And Fox News To Stop Amnesty

    Quote Originally Posted by mak2 View Post
    If they did not have a job up here they would be in exactly the same situation. They get zero benefits here.
    Who do you think pays for the highways they use, who pays for the schools they destroy, the hospitals, the police systems, all services? the list goes on endlessly to the detriment of our own. 10 million is a huge number and that is just in California alone.

    Every American dollar that they use is taken from an American that is more deserving and needs that money.

  10. #140
    Sage
    mak2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    07-08-16 @ 01:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,050

    Re: Limbaugh: Itís Up To Me And Fox News To Stop Amnesty

    Wut? The reason they use the highways is to get to work, for one of the buisness men that hires them illegally to keep his labor costs down. I thought we decieded during the last election that buisness built the roads, Americans didnt. They do not destory schools that I know of, please explain. They have no medical benefits here in the US. They are stabilized and returned to Mexico. The police systems? Really I dont understand what you are talking about. Quit reading the right wing blog machine. Look it up, Illegal aliens are not allowed any benefits in US. If they get them it is by fraud and should be deported or imprisoned or both.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray410 View Post
    Who do you think pays for the highways they use, who pays for the schools they destroy, the hospitals, the police systems, all services? the list goes on endlessly to the detriment of our own. 10 million is a huge number and that is just in California alone.

    Every American dollar that they use is taken from an American that is more deserving and needs that money.
    God Bless the Marine Corps.

Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •