Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Obama names new chief of staff

  1. #1
    User
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    03-08-13 @ 03:09 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9

    Obama names new chief of staff

    US President Barack Obama has named Denis McDonough, his deputy national security adviser, as his new chief of staff.
    Mr McDonough, 43, is taking over the position from Jack Lew, Mr Obama’s nominee for treasury secretary.

    He has worked for the president since Mr Obama’s time in the Senate.
    In a statement at the White House, the president called Mr McDonough “one of my closest and most trusted advisers”.

    Seems like he has some experience, he did work with Obama before. I wonder if he will do well in this position?
    The Blue Sector » Obama names new chief of staff

  2. #2
    Haters gon' hate
    MarineTpartier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    01-04-16 @ 04:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,586
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Obama names new chief of staff

    Hey look, Pres Obama appoints another old white guy to a post. Where are the Uncle Tom outcries?
    “Mr. Speaker, I once again find myself compelled to vote against the annual budget resolution for a very simple reason: it makes government bigger.” ― Ron Paul
    Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

  3. #3
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,619

    Re: Obama names new chief of staff

    Quote Originally Posted by MarineTpartier View Post
    Hey look, Pres Obama appoints another old white guy to a post. Where are the Uncle Tom outcries?
    Oh there has been some raised eyebrows over all the old white guys, but not for the race, but the penis.

    It should be pointed out that when it comes to actions, it has been old white guys on the Democrat side of the aisle who have done more for minorities and women.

    a perfect example of republican women in action... the politician in AZ who wants to make rape victims carry their rapist's offspring to term.

    Sometimes it ain't what you look like but what you do...

  4. #4
    Haters gon' hate
    MarineTpartier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    01-04-16 @ 04:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,586
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Obama names new chief of staff

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    Oh there has been some raised eyebrows over all the old white guys, but not for the race, but the penis.

    It should be pointed out that when it comes to actions, it has been old white guys on the Democrat side of the aisle who have done more for minorities and women.

    a perfect example of republican women in action... the politician in AZ who wants to make rape victims carry their rapist's offspring to term.

    Sometimes it ain't what you look like but what you do...
    Agree with the last sentence. However, I would offer that most of the time its what you look like and not what you do to the black community. If a white POTUS where in office, I believe there would be concerns raised by the NAACP, The Urban League, etc about this. However, Pres Obama gets a pass. I think that is reverse racism. I'm pulling the bizarro world race card on this one.
    “Mr. Speaker, I once again find myself compelled to vote against the annual budget resolution for a very simple reason: it makes government bigger.” ― Ron Paul
    Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

  5. #5
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,619

    Re: Obama names new chief of staff

    Quote Originally Posted by MarineTpartier View Post
    Agree with the last sentence. However, I would offer that most of the time its what you look like and not what you do to the black community. If a white POTUS where in office, I believe there would be concerns raised by the NAACP, The Urban League, etc about this. However, Pres Obama gets a pass. I think that is reverse racism. I'm pulling the bizarro world race card on this one.
    If that white POTUS made repeated statements on ending afrim action, or 'urban people' have no sense of work, or the best way to help 'urban' kids is to make them janitors I can see the NAACP 'seeing' a white dude in a less than flattering light.

    However I do believe President Clinton is a white dude and he wasn't judged by the color of his skin but rather the content of his policies.... "I have a dream!"

    FYI there is no such thing as 'reverse' racism. blacks hating white because of the color of their skin is racism. That you used that term makes me think you don't have a great deal of interaction with folks involved with the NAACP or Urban League... so how much time have you spent discussing such things with the black community?

  6. #6
    Haters gon' hate
    MarineTpartier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    01-04-16 @ 04:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,586
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Obama names new chief of staff

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    If that white POTUS made repeated statements on ending afrim action, or 'urban people' have no sense of work, or the best way to help 'urban' kids is to make them janitors I can see the NAACP 'seeing' a white dude in a less than flattering light.

    However I do believe President Clinton is a white dude and he wasn't judged by the color of his skin but rather the content of his policies.... "I have a dream!"

    FYI there is no such thing as 'reverse' racism. blacks hating white because of the color of their skin is racism. That you used that term makes me think you don't have a great deal of interaction with folks involved with the NAACP or Urban League... so how much time have you spent discussing such things with the black community?
    I'm actually the Equal Opportunity Advisor for my unit and attended an Urban League rally no more than a month and a half ago. Nice try though.
    Yes, there is reverse racism when speaking of public opinion. When the word racism is spoken the immediate image that people conjure up is a white male discriminating against a black person. In this case, we're speaking of a black man failing to appoint black people to any major position within our gov't. Hence, reverse racism.
    “Mr. Speaker, I once again find myself compelled to vote against the annual budget resolution for a very simple reason: it makes government bigger.” ― Ron Paul
    Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

  7. #7
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,619

    Re: Obama names new chief of staff

    Quote Originally Posted by MarineTpartier View Post
    I'm actually the Equal Opportunity Advisor for my unit and attended an Urban League rally no more than a month and a half ago. Nice try though.
    Yes, there is reverse racism when speaking of public opinion. When the word racism is spoken the immediate image that people conjure up is a white male discriminating against a black person. In this case, we're speaking of a black man failing to appoint black people to any major position within our gov't. Hence, reverse racism.
    Ahhhh having met many EONCOs in my military career I'd have to say you sound typical. you attend A (one) meeting and that gives you great depth of understanding...

    That you blanket state what 'most' do shows you don't have a clue, past a very biased opinion.

    Did you forget about President Clinton?

    That you think of racism as white on black first and foremost says volumes about your bias, again typical of many EONCOs I have met- and that was more than just one...

  8. #8
    Guru

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Nevada
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,838

    Re: Obama names new chief of staff

    Our young, handsome president, in response to accusations of providing jobs to the hated whites, publicly said that his main hiring criteria was qualifications, not color of skin or gender.

    In other words, the one thing that all loons hate most because they always lose: Equal Opportunity.

  9. #9
    Sage
    Fisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-06-13 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    17,002

    Re: Obama names new chief of staff

    People tend not to hire strangers for their most trusted positions. Beyond that, I do not see the black-white issue the others in this thread apparently do.

  10. #10
    Haters gon' hate
    MarineTpartier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    01-04-16 @ 04:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,586
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Obama names new chief of staff

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    Ahhhh having met many EONCOs in my military career I'd have to say you sound typical. you attend A (one) meeting and that gives you great depth of understanding...
    You asked if I had a great deal of interaction with people in the black community. I gave you the most recent time that I had dealt with an organization that deals with black issues. Not to mention the umpteen years of being in the military (which you claim to have been in) dealing with numerous people of different races and colors. I would say that qualifies me better than most to speak of these issues as opposed to someone who has spent their entire life living in one area of the country and picking and choosing who they interact with and who they dont.
    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    That you blanket state what 'most' do shows you don't have a clue, past a very biased opinion.
    Biased? lol. Here's biased. President Obama receiving the highest percentage of black votes of any POTUS in history. He received 85% of the vote during the primaries against Hillary Clinton in '08. Hillary Clinton is viewed far and wide as looking out for the black community as is his her husband as you stated below. So why is it he received the black vote instead of her? Why is it, when he had virtually no record to run on, that he was nominated by Dems to run for POTUS in '08? Why is it, with a horrible economy and not selecting any black people to any high ranking job in D.C. his first 4 years that he was re-elected? Why does Joe Biden get away with saying "he's (Romney) gonna put y'all back in chains"? Why does President Obama get away with supporting partial birth and all other forms of abortion when the majority of black people disagree with this stance? Because he's black, that's why. That's reverse racism at it's best.
    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    That you think of racism as white on black first and foremost says volumes about your bias, again typical of many EONCOs I have met- and that was more than just one...
    Of course the US does. Why wouldn't it? What minority did the establishment whites in this country have the last big fight with? What minority was oppressed probably more harshly that any other in the US? What minority lead the fight against racial injustices as perpetrated by whites more than any other minority? Heck, what color is the civil rights leader who is the only civil rights leader to receive a Federal holiday? Black is the answer to all of those questions. So of course, when an American thinks of racism, they think of black people being hosed down in the street, Rosa Parks, MLK Jr marching, etc.
    I don't even know what the heck you are debating here anyway. The fact of the matter is that Pres Obama has failed to appoint a black person to any position of worth that he has the authority to appoint. You have no answer as to why there is no outcry from the black community nor can you answer the question yourself. You instead try to point at me like I'm a racist for asking the question lol. If you don't have the answer, move along, instead of doing what most do and pulling the race card when an uncomfortable question is asked.
    “Mr. Speaker, I once again find myself compelled to vote against the annual budget resolution for a very simple reason: it makes government bigger.” ― Ron Paul
    Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •