Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Harry Reid: 的知 not personally, at this stage, ready to get rid of the 60-vote thres

  1. #1
    Tavern Bartender
    #NeverOprah
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,635

    Harry Reid: 的知 not personally, at this stage, ready to get rid of the 60-vote thres

    Harry Reid: “I’m not personally, at this stage, ready to get rid of the 60-vote threshold”

    Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid and Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell have come to a deal on filibuster reform. The deal is this: The filibuster will not be reformed. But the way the Senate moves to consider new legislation and most nominees will be.
    Anyone want to make a guess as to why he did this?
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  2. #2
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:27 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,687
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Harry Reid: 的知 not personally, at this stage, ready to get rid of the 60-vote t

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Probably the same reason why republicans support changing the rule when democrats use a filibuster against them but not when they want to use it. He wants to preserve the option for his side. Why is that complicated?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham
    I致e always believed that America is an idea, not defined by its people but by its ideals. - Lindsey Graham

  3. #3
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Harry Reid: 的知 not personally, at this stage, ready to get rid of the 60-vote t

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Probably the same reason why republicans support changing the rule when democrats use a filibuster against them but not when they want to use it. He wants to preserve the option for his side. Why is that complicated?
    It's not complicated and it is as you say. However it does point to the hypocricy of Reid and his followers in the senate.

  4. #4
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:27 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,687
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Harry Reid: 的知 not personally, at this stage, ready to get rid of the 60-vote t

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    It's not complicated and it is as you say. However it does point to the hypocricy of Reid and his followers in the senate.
    Absolutely, as the republicans who have done the same are.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham
    I致e always believed that America is an idea, not defined by its people but by its ideals. - Lindsey Graham

  5. #5
    Guru
    Diogenes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Last Seen
    10-11-13 @ 06:52 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,980

    Re: Harry Reid: 的知 not personally, at this stage, ready to get rid of the 60-vote t

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    My guess: He sees a big loss coming up in a couple of years, and doesn't want to be helpless when he's back in the minority.
    "We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress & the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution."
    - Abraham Lincoln

  6. #6
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    52,322

    Re: Harry Reid: 的知 not personally, at this stage, ready to get rid of the 60-vote t

    He remembered that the purpose of the Senate is to make sure nothing useful ever gets done.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We値l say what? Something like 渡othing happened ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  7. #7
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    181,819

    Re: Harry Reid: 的知 not personally, at this stage, ready to get rid of the 60-vote t

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Feinturd-the last thing dingy harry wants is losing the senate over Feinturd's jihad against the NRA



  8. #8
    Sage
    BretJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:21 PM
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    6,432

    Re: Harry Reid: 的知 not personally, at this stage, ready to get rid of the 60-vote t

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    It's not complicated and it is as you say. However it does point to the hypocricy of Reid and his followers in the senate.
    Hypocrisy flows freely from both side of the aisle, right down the capitol steps....It's just that neither side has the fortitude to recognize their own....nor do their followers....for the most part.
    The opposite of hero is not villain, it is "bystander"
    " In doing what we ought we deserve no praise, because it is our duty." -Aurelius Augustine
    "But why do they use them to make Brawndo??!!"

  9. #9
    Tavern Bartender
    #NeverOprah
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,635

    Re: Harry Reid: 的知 not personally, at this stage, ready to get rid of the 60-vote t

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    Feinturd-the last thing dingy harry wants is losing the senate over Feinturd's jihad against the NRA
    Bill Clinton basically warned them to leave the gun control **** alone. It's not a winner.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  10. #10
    Sage
    AliHajiSheik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,548

    Re: Harry Reid: 的知 not personally, at this stage, ready to get rid of the 60-vote t

    Why did the majority party vote this guy leader again? He must have a heck of a lot of video evidence on his caucus to have that kind of control.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •