Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 315

Thread: Rand Paul Calls Benghazi "Worst Tragedy Since 9/11"

  1. #31
    Professor
    Tettsuo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,321

    Re: Rand Paul Calls Benghazi "Worst Tragedy Since 9/11"

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    It's not about "sheer number of people killed" however. You are engaging in a strawman
    How is that a strawman? Senator Paul made a direct comparison to 9/11. How do we make comparison? Think my Conservative friend. Use the brain God gave you.
    Comparing a domestic school shooting by a lone nut committing public suicide for infamy is not the same thing as a terrorist attack at our consulate in Libya.
    I was talking about the 9/11 comparison. A jet liner crashing into the twin towers and killing 10s of thousand on the mainland is FAR greater than someone being killed in a far away distance country doing a jobs that is inherently dangerous.
    Politically and Historically the attack on our consulate is much more significant.
    Is statement is a pure nonsense. If it was not for the Conservatives faux outrage (faux because there is no outrage over the deaths of soldiers or the rape of female soldiers that's occurring regularly) and constant mulling over this, the country would have forgotten it when a week. 9/11 changed the world. Even Newtown gave birth to the current big push for more gun regulations. How exactly did Benghazi changed our world or affect any legislation?
    Not his comparison actually. YOUR COMPARISON.
    Right...okay.
    Anyone attacking his comparison and trying to bring up Sandy Hook as a relevant comparison should be ashamed of themselves
    Now this is a strawman. Nothing I've stated compares this to Sandy Hook. You brought this up because you thought it would help your argument. If you're going to quote me and raise a counter-argument against my post, at least understand it first.
    A man without fear is a fool, a man that succumbs to his fear is a coward and a brave man acknowledges fear yet presses on.
    http://soulinblackandwhite.blogspot.com/

  2. #32
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Rand Paul Calls Benghazi "Worst Tragedy Since 9/11"

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaddelamancha View Post
    Give me just one good reason Hillary Clinton, the State Department, and President Obama would have to purposely allow our diplomat to die? And if you could do it without any "dear leader" "king obama" or "that marxist devil", I might take your response more seriously.
    How about if they got caught with the selling of and moving arms for Syria? By using the Turks to get the weapons to the Rebels that were inside Turkey?

  3. #33
    Professor
    Tettsuo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,321

    Re: Rand Paul Calls Benghazi "Worst Tragedy Since 9/11"

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    This attack occurred after a previous attack on the Consulate and an attempt to kill the UK Ambassador. As well as the Bombing of the Red Cross Offices. Has nothing to do with being a War-Zone. But it does have to do with Team Obama ignoring the Obvious warning signs.
    The first attack occurred the night before the second attacked that resulted in the deaths. This isn't in NJ or Iowa where we can mobilize resources quickly. This is in Libya.
    A man without fear is a fool, a man that succumbs to his fear is a coward and a brave man acknowledges fear yet presses on.
    http://soulinblackandwhite.blogspot.com/

  4. #34
    Sage
    Fisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-06-13 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    17,002

    Re: Rand Paul Calls Benghazi "Worst Tragedy Since 9/11"

    I will never be convinced that this was not a false flag operation that went south.

  5. #35
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    10-20-13 @ 04:50 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,195

    Re: Rand Paul Calls Benghazi "Worst Tragedy Since 9/11"

    Quote Originally Posted by Tettsuo View Post
    There's nothing to debate. This attack occurred in a warzone. **** happens in these locations that can't be predicted. The diplomat knew the risks and went in anyway. Clearly he's a brave man. But, your belief that all of this could have been avoid is pure 100% speculation based on information that was received far after the fact (hence the captain hindsight video). These diplomats are in danger ALL OF THE TIME! It's not a new situation. If they avoided all dangerous locations, they'd go nowhere.

    Now, to compare this incident to 9/11 is ludicrous. So much so that it's worthless for me to even debate the point.
    There's nothing to debate? We get it. You don't believe there is anything to debate because it's politically damaging to the Obama Administration.

    All of your assumptions are nothing more than a massive strawman. At that time the war in Libya had ended. Ambassador Stevens had repeatedly requested additional security for a reason. The reasons were numerous threats by Al Qaeda terrorist affiliates, the approaching anniversary of 9/11, and the fact that 4 terrorist attacks had occurred in Benghazi in the year proceeding. Helen Keller could have seen that the death of those 4 Americans should and could have been avoided.

    Hillary lied to the faces of the Woods family and told them their son died because of a youtube video. Don't worry though, that guy is sitting in a jail cell while the man responsible for Benghazi was lounging around Libya and bragging about his deeds for months after the attack. It's always the same with Obama Supporters. Blame Blame Blame. Attack Attack Attack anyone who dares questions their Dear Leader.

  6. #36
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    10-20-13 @ 04:50 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,195

    Re: Rand Paul Calls Benghazi "Worst Tragedy Since 9/11"

    Quote Originally Posted by Tettsuo View Post
    The first attack occurred the night before the second attacked that resulted in the deaths. This isn't in NJ or Iowa where we can mobilize resources quickly. This is in Libya.
    Wrong. You're lying. There were 4 previous attacks before the Benghazi attack on 9/11.

  7. #37
    Professor
    Tettsuo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,321

    Re: Rand Paul Calls Benghazi "Worst Tragedy Since 9/11"

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    How about if they got caught with the selling of and moving arms for Syria? By using the Turks to get the weapons to the Rebels that were inside Turkey?
    What if they got caught having sex on the corpses? What if they were shipping bomb material to Iran?

    Your "what if" scenario has nothing to do with real life. The question posed is a valid one. The administration gains nothing from allowing their diplomat to be killed.
    A man without fear is a fool, a man that succumbs to his fear is a coward and a brave man acknowledges fear yet presses on.
    http://soulinblackandwhite.blogspot.com/

  8. #38
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    09-18-16 @ 03:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,029

    Re: Rand Paul Calls Benghazi "Worst Tragedy Since 9/11"

    Quote Originally Posted by Fisher View Post
    It is a fair scrutiny. He did it to her face not with a wagging finger from a podium somewhere. When people die, tough questions/comments are appropriate.
    Yeah, like the 4000 soldiers who died in Bush disaster in Iraq. As Sen. Chris Murphy (D-Conn.) said rebuking the cretinous Paul in the next exchange. "If some people on this committee want to call this tragedy the worst since 9/11, it misunderstands the nature of 4000 plus Americans lost in the War in Iraq under false pretenses."

  9. #39
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    09-18-16 @ 03:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,029

    Re: Rand Paul Calls Benghazi "Worst Tragedy Since 9/11"

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    How about if they got caught with the selling of and moving arms for Syria? By using the Turks to get the weapons to the Rebels that were inside Turkey?
    Wasn't it Reagan who sold arms to Iran, Syria's only ally in the region. Are you projecting or something?

  10. #40
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Rand Paul Calls Benghazi "Worst Tragedy Since 9/11"

    Quote Originally Posted by Thorgasm View Post
    This thread isn't about Ron Paul. It's about his mouth-breathing son.


    My typo. I seem to think of them as the same. I agree with what RAND Paul said in the video.

Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •