Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 315

Thread: Rand Paul Calls Benghazi "Worst Tragedy Since 9/11"

  1. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    10-20-13 @ 04:50 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,195

    Re: Rand Paul Calls Benghazi "Worst Tragedy Since 9/11"

    Quote Originally Posted by rcart76 View Post
    If your daughter and/or son was one of the 20 children massacre in CT, would you still rank Benghazi as the worst tragedy since 9/11.
    Do you understand the difference between a National Security/Foreign Policy tragedy that could have easily been avoided, compared to some lunatic that nobody knew existed before he walked up to a Gun Free zone and opened fire?

  2. #22
    Professor
    Tettsuo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 07:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,321

    Re: Rand Paul Calls Benghazi "Worst Tragedy Since 9/11"

    In terms of sheer number of people killed, his comparison is totally and completely idiotic.
    In terms of where the people were killed, his comparison is totally and completely idiotic.
    In terms of historical significance, his comparison is totally and completely idiotic.
    In terms of government failure, his comparison is totally and completely idiotic.

    Anyone defending this comparison should be ashamed of themselves.
    A man without fear is a fool, a man that succumbs to his fear is a coward and a brave man acknowledges fear yet presses on.
    http://soulinblackandwhite.blogspot.com/

  3. #23
    Professor
    Tettsuo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 07:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,321

    Re: Rand Paul Calls Benghazi "Worst Tragedy Since 9/11"

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    Do you understand the difference between a National Security/Foreign Policy tragedy that could have easily been avoided, compared to some lunatic that nobody knew existed before he walked up to a Gun Free zone and opened fire?
    A man without fear is a fool, a man that succumbs to his fear is a coward and a brave man acknowledges fear yet presses on.
    http://soulinblackandwhite.blogspot.com/

  4. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    10-20-13 @ 04:50 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,195

    Re: Rand Paul Calls Benghazi "Worst Tragedy Since 9/11"

    Quote Originally Posted by Tettsuo View Post
    Look if you want to debate this, that's fine, but using South Park videos and trying to disguise that as an argument is embarrassing

    Benghazi attack had mountains of intel and warnings proceeding it. It was a political attack launched by an small army of well armed terrorists

    CT Shooting was an unhinged lone nut committing Public Ritual Suicide. There weren't repeated warnings from the Intel Community that Adam Lanza was going to go on a shooting spree so he could go down in infamy.

    If you can't see the difference that's not my problem. I understand you are trying to rationalize any lie Hillary Clinton spews because you are a liberal. Again, not my problem.

  5. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    10-20-13 @ 04:50 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,195

    Re: Rand Paul Calls Benghazi "Worst Tragedy Since 9/11"

    Quote Originally Posted by Tettsuo View Post
    In terms of sheer number of people killed, his comparison is totally and completely idiotic.
    It's not about "sheer number of people killed" however. You are engaging in a strawman

    In terms of where the people were killed, his comparison is totally and completely idiotic.
    Comparing a domestic school shooting by a lone nut committing public suicide for infamy is not the same thing as a terrorist attack at our consulate in Libya.

    In terms of historical significance, his comparison is totally and completely idiotic.
    Politically and Historically the attack on our consulate is much more significant.

    In terms of government failure, his comparison is totally and completely idiotic.
    Not his comparison actually. YOUR COMPARISON.

    Anyone defending this comparison should be ashamed of themselves.
    Anyone attacking his comparison and trying to bring up Sandy Hook as a relevant comparison should be ashamed of themselves

  6. #26
    Sage
    Fisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-06-13 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    17,002

    Re: Rand Paul Calls Benghazi "Worst Tragedy Since 9/11"

    Quote Originally Posted by Anagram View Post
    Tough questions about this tragedy are certainly relevant and important.

    This was not the greatest tragedy since 9/11 though. That's just hyperbole.
    For the family of the dead it likely was greater.

  7. #27
    Professor
    Tettsuo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 07:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,321

    Re: Rand Paul Calls Benghazi "Worst Tragedy Since 9/11"

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    Look if you want to debate this, that's fine, but using South Park videos and trying to disguise that as an argument is embarrassing

    Benghazi attack had mountains of intel and warnings proceeding it. It was a political attack launched by an small army of well armed terrorists

    CT Shooting was an unhinged lone nut committing Public Ritual Suicide. There weren't repeated warnings from the Intel Community that Adam Lanza was going to go on a shooting spree so he could go down in infamy.

    If you can't see the difference that's not my problem. I understand you are trying to rationalize any lie Hillary Clinton spews because you are a liberal. Again, not my problem.
    There's nothing to debate. This attack occurred in a warzone. **** happens in these locations that can't be predicted. The diplomat knew the risks and went in anyway. Clearly he's a brave man. But, your belief that all of this could have been avoid is pure 100% speculation based on information that was received far after the fact (hence the captain hindsight video). These diplomats are in danger ALL OF THE TIME! It's not a new situation. If they avoided all dangerous locations, they'd go nowhere.

    Now, to compare this incident to 9/11 is ludicrous. So much so that it's worthless for me to even debate the point.
    A man without fear is a fool, a man that succumbs to his fear is a coward and a brave man acknowledges fear yet presses on.
    http://soulinblackandwhite.blogspot.com/

  8. #28
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Rand Paul Calls Benghazi "Worst Tragedy Since 9/11"

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    It's not about "sheer number of people killed" however. You are engaging in a strawman



    Comparing a domestic school shooting by a lone nut committing public suicide for infamy is not the same thing as a terrorist attack at our consulate in Libya.



    Politically and Historically the attack on our consulate is much more significant.



    Not his comparison actually. YOUR COMPARISON.



    Anyone attacking his comparison and trying to bring up Sandy Hook as a relevant comparison should be ashamed of themselves

    The only other comparison to make is in correlation with the Anti Muslim Video. While not being linked to the Benghazi Attack upon the Consulate. It was with 23 Muslim Countries Rioting and Protesting our Embassies, Military Installations, and businesses overseas. All on the Anniversary of 911. Incited upon and call out by the Sunni Cleric in Egypt who started it, in that aspect of it there, in Egypt. Where that Cleric never even saw the video. Yet all of them Rioted and protested all with a matter of hours.

    Which would then indicate that Team Obama had dropped the ball. Thinking that with the Arab Spring and AQ taking their hits and Democracy coming into the ME. That the Alert level wasn't as high as they thought. Again.....separate of Benghazi. Yet none want to look to closely at that time table with those 23 Muslim Countries jumping off.

  9. #29
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Rand Paul Calls Benghazi "Worst Tragedy Since 9/11"

    Quote Originally Posted by Tettsuo View Post
    There's nothing to debate. This attack occurred in a warzone. **** happens in these locations that can't be predicted. The diplomat knew the risks and went in anyway. Clearly he's a brave man. But, your belief that all of this could have been avoid is pure 100% speculation based on information that was received far after the fact (hence the captain hindsight video). These diplomats are in danger ALL OF THE TIME! It's not a new situation. If they avoided all dangerous locations, they'd go nowhere.

    Now, to compare this incident to 9/11 is ludicrous. So much so that it's worthless for me to even debate the point.
    This attack occurred after a previous attack on the Consulate and an attempt to kill the UK Ambassador. As well as the Bombing of the Red Cross Offices. Has nothing to do with being a War-Zone. But it does have to do with Team Obama ignoring the Obvious warning signs.

  10. #30
    Guru
    Chaddelamancha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    09-22-17 @ 12:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,546

    Re: Rand Paul Calls Benghazi "Worst Tragedy Since 9/11"

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    Look if you want to debate this, that's fine, but using South Park videos and trying to disguise that as an argument is embarrassing

    Benghazi attack had mountains of intel and warnings proceeding it. It was a political attack launched by an small army of well armed terrorists

    CT Shooting was an unhinged lone nut committing Public Ritual Suicide. There weren't repeated warnings from the Intel Community that Adam Lanza was going to go on a shooting spree so he could go down in infamy.

    If you can't see the difference that's not my problem. I understand you are trying to rationalize any lie Hillary Clinton spews because you are a liberal. Again, not my problem.
    Give me just one good reason Hillary Clinton, the State Department, and President Obama would have to purposely allow our diplomat to die? And if you could do it without any "dear leader" "king obama" or "that marxist devil", I might take your response more seriously.
    Hail to the King baby!

Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •