Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 176

Thread: Rand Paul tells Christie to stop his temper tantrums and grandstanding [W:53]

  1. #31
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    re: Rand Paul tells Christie to stop his temper tantrums and grandstanding [W:53]

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective Voice View Post
    Then they should expect to pay a higher premium on their home/property insurance because such idiots are sure to cause a fire and possible burn them house down possibly causing harm to themselves and others. It is really worth it just because you wish to be the Burger King and have it your way?
    Wouldn't that be the other way around? Home owners insurance should be more for those who use CFL bulbs. The possibility of environmental and personal poisoning is far greater. Mercury.

  2. #32
    Struggler
    JayDubya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    17,181

    re: Rand Paul tells Christie to stop his temper tantrums and grandstanding [W:53]

    Rand Paul is awesome and makes a good point, per usual

  3. #33
    Don't Give a Rat's Ass
    SMTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    OH
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    21,863

    re: Rand Paul tells Christie to stop his temper tantrums and grandstanding [W:53]

    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    I would have a lot of trouble flushing my toilet if I spewed as much BS into it as rand paul spits out in a day.
    I politely request that you recheck.

    It is probably your hair from all of the swirlies that you have received when you were politically wrong.
    Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher
    Baby sister, I was born game and I intend to go out that way - Rooster Cogburn

  4. #34
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    re: Rand Paul tells Christie to stop his temper tantrums and grandstanding [W:53]

    Quote Originally Posted by head of joaquin View Post
    I agree with that, and Christie has really grown into his office since Hurricane Sandy. I still don't like him, but at least he has shown himself to be a good public servant when it counted. Paul would have told his constituencies, that if he can't help them in an emergency, but he will fight for water wasting toilets for every home destroyed by one.

    As to Paul's attack againt Christie's alleged "rant", that's like having Mel Gibson give anger management advice to Tom Bosley on Happy Days.
    Your praise of him is still more evidence that he has in fact switched parties, but lacks the integrity to formally do it. Christie has thrown all ethics out the window in desperation.

  5. #35
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    09-18-16 @ 03:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,029

    re: Rand Paul tells Christie to stop his temper tantrums and grandstanding [W:53]

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Wrong. Liberty would be having the choice.

    Btw, the first thing I do when I get a new shower head is to drill out the low flow BS. My toilet I picked up on auction and is from the 50s (my junk doesn't get wet when I sit down on the thing). Guess what, my water usage is half of what any of my neighbors use.
    This is why conservatives are going extinct in the US. Total lack of perspective and complete intellectual bankruptcy.

    "A water wasting toilet in every home!" -- run with that guys, it's all you got.

  6. #36
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    re: Rand Paul tells Christie to stop his temper tantrums and grandstanding [W:53]

    Quote Originally Posted by head of joaquin View Post
    This is why conservatives are going extinct in the US. Total lack of perspective and complete intellectual bankruptcy.

    "A water wasting toilet in every home!" -- run with that guys, it's all you got.
    "Water wasting toilets." LOL!
    More lamentings of the failed in life.

  7. #37
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    09-18-16 @ 03:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,029

    re: Rand Paul tells Christie to stop his temper tantrums and grandstanding [W:53]

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    Your praise of him is still more evidence that he has in fact switched parties, but lacks the integrity to formally do it. Christie has thrown all ethics out the window in desperation.
    On in teaparty bizarroworld is Christie a democrat, and no longer a conservative. Keep it up! I love watching the Tea Party Purity Golem strangle one quasi-sane Republican after the next for making sense and rejecting with freakish claims of the GOP.

  8. #38
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    re: Rand Paul tells Christie to stop his temper tantrums and grandstanding [W:53]

    Quote Originally Posted by head of joaquin View Post
    No, it's not.
    Can I buy the toilet I desire? Yes or no. If the answer is no, you are wrong.

    Putting products on the market the needlessly waste water is. You don't have the right to buy a lot of things that harm others. Grow up and get used to it.
    Is wasting water somehow violating your rights?

  9. #39
    free market communist
    Gardener's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    09-30-17 @ 12:27 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,661

    re: Rand Paul tells Christie to stop his temper tantrums and grandstanding [W:53]

    Quote Originally Posted by head of joaquin View Post
    I agree with that, and Christie has really grown into his office since Hurricane Sandy. I still don't like him, but at least he has shown himself to be a good public servant when it counted. Paul would have told his constituencies, that if he can't help them in an emergency, but he will fight for water wasting toilets for every home destroyed by one.

    As to Paul's attack againt Christie's alleged "rant", that's like having Mel Gibson give anger management advice to Tom Bosley on Happy Days.
    Pragmatists are usually the first to come under attack by the true believers. Paul is a true believer of the highest order, as are so many of today's so-called "libertarians".

    It acts almost as a religion to these folks who need an extremely rigid ideology to provide them the comfort they need in order to address a chaotic world.
    "you're better off on Stormfront discussing how evil brown men are taking innocent white flowers." Infinite Chaos

  10. #40
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 10:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    9,766

    re: Rand Paul tells Christie to stop his temper tantrums and grandstanding [W:53]

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Wouldn't that be the other way around? Home owners insurance should be more for those who use CFL bulbs. The possibility of environmental and personal poisoning is far greater. Mercury.
    I use CFL bulbs in various light fixtures throughout my home. The only problem I've ever had with them was when I used them in lights fixtures with a dimmer switch. (Of course, they do make CFL bulb specifically for light fixtures equipped with a dimmer swithc - found that out after the fact.) Otherwise, I have no problem with them. They last longer and I've haven't really seen much of a difference in my utility bill. (Of course, the weather has been very erratic the last few years. So, it's hard to say if merely changing my light bulbs has really saved me money or not. But I do know this: I've only had to buy light bulbs once in the last two years. So, take that for what it's worth.)
    Last edited by Objective Voice; 01-21-13 at 05:03 PM.

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •