Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 176

Thread: Rand Paul tells Christie to stop his temper tantrums and grandstanding [W:53]

  1. #101
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    09-18-16 @ 03:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,029

    Re: Rand Paul tells Christie to stop his temper tantrums and grandstanding [W:53]

    Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    Do you ever think in the abstract, or on the basis of principles? The Founders did. And if you ever hope to understand what they 'fought for' you will have to first pull your head out of the concrete.
    That's why the Founders set up the supreme court to decide constitutional issues, as opposed to appointing knownothings on the internet for that function.

    Now what has the SC decided about regulating commerce? Come on, you can say it

  2. #102
    Professor
    Bigfoot 88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    12-01-15 @ 06:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    2,027
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Rand Paul tells Christie to stop his temper tantrums and grandstanding [W:53]

    Quote Originally Posted by head of joaquin View Post
    Yeah, those are the only two choices. It's not like we might want to conserve water and protect the reproductive rights of women.

    And this is why nobody take consevatism seriously.
    "We" might not care about what "we" wants.

    Freedom of the individual.

    What's next, limits on flushes per day? That would be more effective in preserving water.
    "I have never understood why it is "greed" to want to keep the money you have earned but not greed to want to take somebody else's money." -Thomas Sowell

  3. #103
    Professor
    Bigfoot 88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    12-01-15 @ 06:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    2,027
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Rand Paul tells Christie to stop his temper tantrums and grandstanding [W:53]

    Quote Originally Posted by head of joaquin View Post
    That's why the Founders set up the supreme court to decide constitutional issues, as opposed to appointing knownothings on the internet for that function.

    Now what has the SC decided about regulating commerce? Come on, you can say it
    The SCOTUS is about as relevant as your opinion. They have no power of judicial review.
    "I have never understood why it is "greed" to want to keep the money you have earned but not greed to want to take somebody else's money." -Thomas Sowell

  4. #104
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Rand Paul tells Christie to stop his temper tantrums and grandstanding [W:53]

    Quote Originally Posted by head of joaquin View Post
    What was funny (if that's the right word) is this moronic Senator started out the hearing by asking an official of the energy department about what she thought about abortion, and then weirdly claimed that if she was pro-choice on abortion she should be pro-choice for water wasting toilets.

    That's what conservatism is now reduced to.
    and the buffoon doesn't realize that since he's pro-choice on toilets, he should be pro-choice on abortion
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  5. #105
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    09-18-16 @ 03:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,029

    Re: Rand Paul tells Christie to stop his temper tantrums and grandstanding [W:53]

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigfoot 88 View Post
    "We" might not care about what "we" wants.

    Freedom of the individual.

    What's next, limits on flushes per day? That would be more effective in preserving water.
    Pssst: federal and state law, determined by elected representatives. Get used to democracy. It isn't going away.

  6. #106
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Rand Paul tells Christie to stop his temper tantrums and grandstanding [W:53]

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigfoot 88 View Post
    The SCOTUS is about as relevant as your opinion. They have no power of judicial review.
    I love it when rightwingers demand that we adhere to the constitution, except for the part that grants SCOTUS the power to decide the constitutionality of our laws
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  7. #107
    Professor
    Bigfoot 88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    12-01-15 @ 06:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    2,027
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Rand Paul tells Christie to stop his temper tantrums and grandstanding [W:53]

    Quote Originally Posted by head of joaquin View Post
    Pssst: federal and state law, determined by elected representatives. Get used to democracy. It isn't going away.
    I don't care. I don't have to follow toilet regulations if I don't want to.
    "I have never understood why it is "greed" to want to keep the money you have earned but not greed to want to take somebody else's money." -Thomas Sowell

  8. #108
    Professor
    Bigfoot 88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    12-01-15 @ 06:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    2,027
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Rand Paul tells Christie to stop his temper tantrums and grandstanding [W:53]

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    I love it when rightwingers demand that we adhere to the constitution, except for the part that grants SCOTUS the power to decide the constitutionality of our laws
    A part that doesn't exist.
    "I have never understood why it is "greed" to want to keep the money you have earned but not greed to want to take somebody else's money." -Thomas Sowell

  9. #109
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    09-18-16 @ 03:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,029

    Re: Rand Paul tells Christie to stop his temper tantrums and grandstanding [W:53]

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigfoot 88 View Post
    The SCOTUS is about as relevant as your opinion. They have no power of judicial review.
    So you think regulating commerce and environmental laws haven't been addressed by the SC? No, wait, you're actually claiming the 200+ years of SC jurisprudence is invalid!

    BWHAHHAHAHHAHAHH!

    One more reason to ignore the lame arguments of conservatives

  10. #110
    Professor
    Bigfoot 88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    12-01-15 @ 06:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    2,027
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Rand Paul tells Christie to stop his temper tantrums and grandstanding [W:53]

    Quote Originally Posted by head of joaquin View Post
    So you think regulating commerce and environmental laws haven't been addressed by the SC?

    One more reason to ignore the lame arguments of conservatives
    Sure they have, there is just no authority backing their opinions.
    "I have never understood why it is "greed" to want to keep the money you have earned but not greed to want to take somebody else's money." -Thomas Sowell

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •