Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 176

Thread: Rand Paul tells Christie to stop his temper tantrums and grandstanding [W:53]

  1. #91
    Sage
    Fletch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Mentor Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    15,268

    Re: Rand Paul tells Christie to stop his temper tantrums and grandstanding [W:53]

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    He's a buffoon. Why is he a buffoon? You'd have to ask him. He takes wacked out far right positions on just about every social issue. He's a Libertarian, of course, but he doesn't have the guts to run as one. Although, there really isn't a dime's worth of difference between the TeaPublicans and the Libertarians, so I suppose it doesn't make much difference.
    Well, that doesnt really answer my question now does it. You called him a buffoon, I ask why you called him that and your reply is to ask him. THATS buffoonery. So rather than name calling, why dont you give me a specific example of a 'wacked out position' he has taken and I will take a shot at defending it and see if I can make it make sense to you.

  2. #92
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Rand Paul tells Christie to stop his temper tantrums and grandstanding [W:53]

    Quote Originally Posted by MarineTpartier View Post
    When you say source, are you speaking of the person or the website? Because, if Somerville had ever read any of the trolling propaganda by HOJ, he'd see why I automatically dismiss anything the guy posts. He could post something by one of the most trusted sources in all the land and I'd automatically assume he altered it. If you had posted it, yeah, I would've read it. Not this guy.
    By "source" he means "video of Rand Paul complaining that he can't find a toilet that works"

    He's the only moron in the US too stupid to find a toilet.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  3. #93
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    09-18-16 @ 03:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,029

    Re: Rand Paul tells Christie to stop his temper tantrums and grandstanding [W:53]

    Quote Originally Posted by MarineTpartier View Post
    You miss the entire point of his "toilet rant". His point is the overbearing energy policies that restrict the "free" market in our country. I wouldn't expect you to get that though. It's hard to understand what he's saying when you agree with said policies. Agreeing with those policies is fine. That's you prerogative to do so. But demonizing someone else for not believing as you do is wrong. Yet, you do it all the time.
    A good example of someone on the left using a similarly "deranged" argument to prove a point is Rep Hank Johnson (D-GA) when he made his famous "Guam will capsize" point during a session about stationing 8,000 Marines on Guam. His argument about Guam "capsizing" was in fact a reference to their way of life, economy, etc. He made sound like he was speaking of the island literally capsizing. Most on the right did as you are doing. They made him sound like some sort of nut that wasn't fit for public service. I took it as a guy making a point in a creative way.
    No, I understood his rant and its weirdness. And that's why it's ironic to hear this moron attack Christie for "ranting" about federal assistance for Hurricane Sandy assistance.

    Bottomline is, regulation has benefits and burdens. It addresses problems (like wasting water and higher water costs). Rand and the tea party occupation forces only talk about the burdens of regulation in a vaccuum. That's why he and other conservatives are intellectually bankrupt.

  4. #94
    Sage
    Fletch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Mentor Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    15,268

    Re: Rand Paul tells Christie to stop his temper tantrums and grandstanding [W:53]

    Quote Originally Posted by head of joaquin View Post
    Yeah, regulation is such a stupid topic. I mean what crazy modern economy would regulate commerce and consumer goods!

    This is why nobody take conservatism seriously.
    Hate to be the one to break this to you, but YOU are the one no one takes seriously.

  5. #95
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Rand Paul tells Christie to stop his temper tantrums and grandstanding [W:53]

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Because restricting access to the toilets I want to buy is not limiting my liberty?
    because everyone knows the Founding Fathers fought for powerful indoor plumbing
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  6. #96
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    09-18-16 @ 03:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,029

    Re: Rand Paul tells Christie to stop his temper tantrums and grandstanding [W:53]

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    By "source" he means "video of Rand Paul complaining that he can't find a toilet that works"

    He's the only moron in the US too stupid to find a toilet.
    What was funny (if that's the right word) is this moronic Senator started out the hearing by asking an official of the energy department about what she thought about abortion, and then weirdly claimed that if she was pro-choice on abortion she should be pro-choice for water wasting toilets.

    That's what conservatism is now reduced to.

  7. #97
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    09-18-16 @ 03:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,029

    Re: Rand Paul tells Christie to stop his temper tantrums and grandstanding [W:53]

    Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    Hate to be the one to break this to you, but YOU are the one no one takes seriously.
    Wow, enough with the clever repartee.

  8. #98
    Sage
    Fletch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Mentor Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    15,268

    Re: Rand Paul tells Christie to stop his temper tantrums and grandstanding [W:53]

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    because everyone knows the Founding Fathers fought for powerful indoor plumbing
    Do you ever think in the abstract, or on the basis of principles? The Founders did. And if you ever hope to understand what they 'fought for' you will have to first pull your head out of the concrete.

  9. #99
    Professor
    Bigfoot 88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    12-01-15 @ 06:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    2,027
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Rand Paul tells Christie to stop his temper tantrums and grandstanding [W:53]

    Quote Originally Posted by head of joaquin View Post
    What was funny (if that's the right word) is this moronic Senator started out the hearing by asking an official of the energy department about what she thought about abortion, and then weirdly claimed that if she was pro-choice on abortion she should be pro-choice for water wasting toilets.

    That's what conservatism is now reduced to.
    Because if you are pro choice regarding making murder optional, you shouldn't give a damn about somebodies toilet.
    "I have never understood why it is "greed" to want to keep the money you have earned but not greed to want to take somebody else's money." -Thomas Sowell

  10. #100
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    09-18-16 @ 03:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,029

    Re: Rand Paul tells Christie to stop his temper tantrums and grandstanding [W:53]

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigfoot 88 View Post
    Because if you are pro choice regarding making murder optional, you shouldn't give a damn about somebodies toilet.
    Yeah, those are the only two choices. It's not like we might want to conserve water and protect the reproductive rights of women.

    And this is why nobody take consevatism seriously.

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •