Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 203

Thread: Obama Asks Doctors to Help Deal With Guns

  1. #101
    Educator

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    05-09-16 @ 08:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,052

    Re: Obama Asks Doctors to Help Deal With Guns

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    This country has had a fork stuck in it. Romney was right... 47% of the nation are parasites, and it's tough to beat them because they are sucking on the government teat.

    The socialist knew what they were doing... winning power by making people dependent, add the fact they have a propaganda machine that would make Goebbels proud, and we have 8-years of massive incompetence at the helm... and massive destruction.

    Parasite Nation will wake up one day (as the Greeks have been FORCED to do), but then it'll be too late... their government issued diapers will be full of "it", and there won't be anyone at Comedy Central DC to clean up their mess for them. They'll be farked, as will generations of Americans after we're gone.

    That's our legacy... from FDR to today... the destruction of America by socialism.
    Who do you consider is in this 47% group that don't pay taxes? Are you counting that 80 year old couple that lives on SS, or the Disabled Vet that lives on Disability, how about that Cancer patient that gets disability because they can not work? It's the Tax Code that don't require these people to pay taxes.

    Why didn't you Republicans change theses things when you were in charge of the WH, the Senate, and Congress or was it not a problem then.
    I confess, I did it, I let the dogs out.

  2. #102
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:04 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,484
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Obama Asks Doctors to Help Deal With Guns

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    There's nothing really new about this. If a patient is a significant risk to themselves or others, this is an appropriate question. Depending on the seriousness of the threat and the patient's response, will govern the health care provider's reaction.

    However, if there is no risk of harm, there is no reason to ask the question.
    Goshin must be somewhat unstable... you might want to rethink his position as "moderator". Perhaps banning him altogether.
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  3. #103
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,830

    Re: Obama Asks Doctors to Help Deal With Guns

    Quote Originally Posted by BMCM View Post
    Who do you consider is in this 47% group that don't pay taxes? Are you counting that 80 year old couple that lives on SS, or the Disabled Vet that lives on Disability, how about that Cancer patient that gets disability because they can not work? It's the Tax Code that don't require these people to pay taxes.

    Why didn't you Republicans change theses things when you were in charge of the WH, the Senate, and Congress or was it not a problem then.
    He said Romney was right, so yes, because those groups are in the 47% of folks who paid no federal income taxes in 2010. (Note: not the same thing as paying no taxes. Most are retired or did pay payroll taxes)

    This list also includes deployed combat troops. Since Zimmer agreed with Romney, this means that Zimmer believed DEPLOYED COMBAT TROOPS can never be convinced to take responsibilitu for themselves. I find Zimmers opinion to be appaling.

  4. #104
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,705

    Re: Obama Asks Doctors to Help Deal With Guns

    Quote Originally Posted by roughdraft274 View Post
    Sorry, your point is incorrect. As the study says, you are much more likely to kill yourself with a gun at home. You can keep saying otherwise, but to be honest, I don't trust you as much as a trust this study and the others that come to the same conclusion. For obvious reasons.
    No...of course. Because it says what you want it to say. You ignore the factual reality that WOMEN in this country do NOT use guns as a majority means of committing suicide and you ignore the fact that 5X as many Japanese commit suicide ALL without guns, because you desperately cling to the 'facts' that support your ideology. Its...kinda sad.

  5. #105
    Educator

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    05-09-16 @ 08:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,052

    Re: Obama Asks Doctors to Help Deal With Guns

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    No...of course. Because it says what you want it to say. You ignore the factual reality that WOMEN in this country do NOT use guns as a majority means of committing suicide and you ignore the fact that 5X as many Japanese commit suicide ALL without guns, because you desperately cling to the 'facts' that support your ideology. Its...kinda sad.
    Where are you getting these facts about women?

    What does Japan's suicides have to do with the United States?
    I confess, I did it, I let the dogs out.

  6. #106
    Educator

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    05-09-16 @ 08:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,052

    Re: Obama Asks Doctors to Help Deal With Guns

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    He said Romney was right, so yes, because those groups are in the 47% of folks who paid no federal income taxes in 2010. (Note: not the same thing as paying no taxes. Most are retired or did pay payroll taxes)

    This list also includes deployed combat troops. Since Zimmer agreed with Romney, this means that Zimmer believed DEPLOYED COMBAT TROOPS can never be convinced to take responsibilitu for themselves. I find Zimmers opinion to be appaling.
    You're right, they do pay sales tax, I was talking about income tax, just didn't make the distinction. i was hoping that Zimmer would answer but i guess he can't back up what he say's.
    I confess, I did it, I let the dogs out.

  7. #107
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,705

    Re: Obama Asks Doctors to Help Deal With Guns

    Quote Originally Posted by BMCM View Post
    Where are you getting these facts about women?

    What does Japan's suicides have to do with the United States?
    It has EVERYTHING to do with SUICIDE and the fact that suicidal people COMMIT suicide by whatever means they can. The mindless need to rush to blame suicides on guns is as stupid as the rush to blame the actions of violent thugs on guns and about as effective. As for the statistics...they are easy to find. Women are more likely to poison themselves, hang themselves or OD. In Japan the methodology ranges from OG, to hanging, to stabbing themselves to creating lethal chemical clouds.

    NIMH ∑ Suicide in the U.S.: Statistics and Prevention

  8. #108
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    08-19-16 @ 02:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,243

    Re: Obama Asks Doctors to Help Deal With Guns

    What bothers me about this is who gets to decide if the patient is unfit? Is that the doctor's call, or is it some administration czar who flags every questionaire with a check in the wrong box. For instance, if I go to my doctor to complain about the knots I get in my back that are likely stress related (hey, I'm a father, a husband and a business owner) and that I had seen a counselor about learning to manage stress better, The form may indicate (depending on interpretation and who is doing the interpreting) that I was stressed and had received psychiatric treatment. Does that make me unfit to own a firearm? Well, that depends on who you ask. And that's the problem. Set the standards high enough and nearly everybody could be deemed a hazard. The left can say "we are not out to take away your guns" as many times and as often as they like, it doesn't change the fact that several of the higher ups on the left (Feinstein for instance) would take them all if they had the chance and have said as much publicly. I've seen veterans faced with this, the questionaire is already used by the VA and any mention of PSTD or depression or use of stabilizing drugs is an immediate flag. A "Yes" in this column will result in a CCW permit being denied. As for outright confiscation, it's only a matter of time. All they have to do is convince the low information voters that "it's for the children" and they can't hand over their Constitution rights fast enough.

  9. #109
    versus the world
    Surtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The greatest planet in the world.
    Last Seen
    06-10-14 @ 03:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,017

    Re: Obama Asks Doctors to Help Deal With Guns

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    MD's are now law enforcement.

    I can't wait until our medical records are public... of course... for the good of the nation.
    It's not telling them to be cops, but it is telling them to do what they're already supposed to do, and to overstep their boundaries.

    Quote Originally Posted by the article
     Clarify that no federal law prevents health care providers from warning law enforcement authorities about threats of violence: Doctors and other mental health professionals play an important role in protecting the safety of their patients and the broader community by reporting direct and credible threats of violence to the authorities. But there is public confusion about whether federal law prohibits such reports about threats of violence. The Department of Health and Human Services is issuing a letter to health care providers clarifying that no federal law prohibits these reports in any way
    .
    There is no confusion on the borders of doctor-patient privilege, it's clearly stated that credible threats of violence or harm to self or others is to be immediately reported. whenever I had to speak to a shrink for an evaluation, they made that very clear. I believe they're obligated to tell the patient as well, since they always told me, they always told the other people I worked with. There's no excuse for any doctor to fail to report a clear and blatant threat. However, no dumbass is going to straight up tell their doctor that they want to take an AR-15 into a school/mall/theater/etc and kill a **** ton of people.

     Protect the rights of health care providers to talk to their patients about gun safety: Doctors and other health care providers also need to be able to ask about firearms in their patientsí homes and safe storage of those firearms, especially if their patients show signs of certain mental illnesses or if they have a young child or mentally ill family member at home. Some have incorrectly claimed that language in the Affordable Care Act prohibits doctors from asking their patients about guns and gun safety. Medical groups also continue to fight against state laws attempting to ban doctors from asking these questions. The Administration will issue guidance clarifying that the Affordable Care Act does not prohibit or otherwise regulate communication between doctors and patients, including about firearms.
    This is clearly an over-step of boundaries. Unless an individual doctor is actually qualified to instruct firearm safety. Let's be honest here, when this item says "doctor", it really means psychiatrists and mental health therapists, people whom I'd suspect have next to no actual knowledge of firearms. Hell, I never met a doctor outside of Army medics that ever even owned a firearm. So, these guys are now going to waste my time with bull**** questions I'm not going to answer truthfully if I even go back to a medical facility, just because .000001% of the population ****ed up and went bitchcakes crazy with a firearm.

    If the concern is gun safety, then guess what? Safety tips, and instructions are readily given by anyone who is trained in the handling and operation of firearms, whether professionally, or otherwise, totally free of cost.
    I love the NSA. It's like having a secret fan-base you will never see, but they're there, watching everything you write and it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside knowing that I may be some person's only form of unconstitutional entertainment one night.

  10. #110
    Ideologically Impure
    Simon W. Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Fayettenam
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 06:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,945
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: Obama Asks Doctors to Help Deal With Guns

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Not so. If a pediatrician were to find that a child lives in a home where a gun is not locked in a safe, he could easily decide that child is at risk and report it (and some would say it would be their moral obligation to do so). At least...that is the opinion of the American Academy of Pediatrics, and would also fit within CPS mandatory reporting guidelines for unsafe conditions in the home, and a report of neglect.
    Since Drs have been able to ask you about firearms for centuries now, what exactly has changed now that Obama has pointed out that Drs can ask about firearms?
    I am not seeing the difference between the day before Obama said that Drs can ask about firearms and the day after Obama said Drs can ask about firearms.

    Obamacare specifically prohibits the govt from collecting data on firearm ownership etc.
    I may be wrong.

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •