Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 40

Thread: DOMA: House Republicans Poised To Spend $3 Million On Legal Defense

  1. #11
    The Light of Truth
    Northern Light's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:08 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,970

    Re: DOMA: House Republicans Poised To Spend $3 Million On Legal Defense

    I support States rights when it comes to other issues but the matter of civil rights is fairly universal. How can a civil right be green lighted in one state and not in another? There should be one decision to bind all states.

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe
    Slavery =/= SSM. Please do not make such an illogical straw man comparison.
    It's comparable in that how can a black person be free in one state and a slave in another? That was the whole premise of the civil war.

    States have economic and political rights that trump the Fed but I think when it comes to human rights it's another story, as will surely be argued.

  2. #12
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:38 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,344
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: DOMA: House Republicans Poised To Spend $3 Million On Legal Defense

    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Light View Post
    I support States rights when it comes to other issues but the matter of civil rights is fairly universal. How can a civil right be green lighted in one state and not in another? There should be one decision to bind all states.



    It's comparable in that how can a black person be free in one state and a slave in another? That was the whole premise of the civil war.

    States have economic and political rights that trump the Fed but I think when it comes to human rights it's another story, as will surely be argued.
    That is not the issue with DOMA. The issue with DOMA iswhether the federal government can refuse to recognize something a state does and is traditionally states domain.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  3. #13
    Haters gon' hate
    MarineTpartier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    01-04-16 @ 04:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,586
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: DOMA: House Republicans Poised To Spend $3 Million On Legal Defense

    Quote Originally Posted by madman View Post
    Were are the fiscal conservatives?? I mean, $3million is such a waste, right?
    W(h)ere are the compassionate liberals when Pres Obama orders drone strikes? We could play this game all day long.
    “Mr. Speaker, I once again find myself compelled to vote against the annual budget resolution for a very simple reason: it makes government bigger.” ― Ron Paul
    Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

  4. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    09-18-16 @ 03:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,029

    Re: DOMA: House Republicans Poised To Spend $3 Million On Legal Defense

    Quote Originally Posted by MarineTpartier View Post
    W(h)ere are the compassionate liberals when Pres Obama orders drone strikes? We could play this game all day long.
    Except yours is off topic and madman's post goes to the heart of the matter. Conservatism is intellectually bankrupt and hypocritical.

  5. #15
    Educator

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    05-09-16 @ 08:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,052

    Re: DOMA: House Republicans Poised To Spend $3 Million On Legal Defense

    Quote Originally Posted by MarineTpartier View Post
    W(h)ere are the compassionate liberals when Pres Obama orders drone strikes? We could play this game all day long.
    Where were those damn liburals from California when I had a flat tire ion Kansas... Apples to Oranges
    I confess, I did it, I let the dogs out.

  6. #16
    Haters gon' hate
    MarineTpartier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    01-04-16 @ 04:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,586
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: DOMA: House Republicans Poised To Spend $3 Million On Legal Defense

    Quote Originally Posted by head of joaquin View Post
    Except yours is off topic and madman's post goes to the heart of the matter. Conservatism is intellectually bankrupt and hypocritical.
    No, Republicans are. Big difference. As are "compassionate" liberals and the whole lot of them up there on Capital Hill.
    “Mr. Speaker, I once again find myself compelled to vote against the annual budget resolution for a very simple reason: it makes government bigger.” ― Ron Paul
    Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

  7. #17
    Educator

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    05-09-16 @ 08:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,052

    Re: DOMA: House Republicans Poised To Spend $3 Million On Legal Defense

    Quote Originally Posted by head of joaquin View Post
    Except yours is off topic and madman's post goes to the heart of the matter. Conservatism is intellectually bankrupt and hypocritical.
    Conservatives and Conservatism are extinct. they died out a long time ago.
    I confess, I did it, I let the dogs out.

  8. #18
    Haters gon' hate
    MarineTpartier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    01-04-16 @ 04:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,586
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: DOMA: House Republicans Poised To Spend $3 Million On Legal Defense

    Quote Originally Posted by BMCM View Post
    Where were those damn liburals from California when I had a flat tire ion Kansas... Apples to Oranges
    Not apples to oranges. A simple point to the fact that neither party sticks to their "values" as they claim to.
    “Mr. Speaker, I once again find myself compelled to vote against the annual budget resolution for a very simple reason: it makes government bigger.” ― Ron Paul
    Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

  9. #19
    Sage
    OpportunityCost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,807

    Re: DOMA: House Republicans Poised To Spend $3 Million On Legal Defense

    Quote Originally Posted by head of joaquin View Post
    Even more evidence of how out of touch conservatives and Tea Party Occupied Congress is.

    They don't want to spend money on birth control, but they want to spend millions on denying gay people rights. Was there ever a more intellectual bankrupt ideology than modern conservatism.
    Yes, modern liberalism. Next!~

  10. #20
    Sage
    OpportunityCost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,807

    Re: DOMA: House Republicans Poised To Spend $3 Million On Legal Defense

    Quote Originally Posted by head of joaquin View Post
    Except yours is off topic and madman's post goes to the heart of the matter. Conservatism is intellectually bankrupt and hypocritical.
    Liberalism is intellectually bankrupt and hypocritical. Next!~

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •