Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 139

Thread: 15-Year Old Boy Uses AR-15 to Defend Himself, Sister Against Home Invaders

  1. #71
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,563

    Re: 15-Year Old Boy Uses AR-15 to Defend Himself, Sister Against Home Invaders

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    LOL, now it is YOU who is looking foolish. I NEVER said it couldn't have been used (I only said it wasn't needed as something else lesser could have been used) nor did I say it was evil. I even stated I'm not for assault weapon bans. I questioned those claiming that ONLY the AR-15 could have saved them.

    Jesus, do you even read? Maybe you should actually spend more time looking at what is posted instead of reacting like some hyper-partisan robot.
    Your first statement here was trying to point out that other firearms could've been used, which every single person here understands, because that's insanely obvious. From an outside view, the only reason you could've had for saying that is you think he shouldn't have had the AR-15 because a revolver or whatever would've done the same. If that's not what you meant, you did a poor job of expressing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

  2. #72
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,563

    Re: 15-Year Old Boy Uses AR-15 to Defend Himself, Sister Against Home Invaders

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Point out where I said it was evil liar. Quite pathetic that all you can do is lie since you cannot refute what I said.
    Also, before you started with your outrageous claims that everyone was saying only an AR-15 would've worked in this situation, not a single person here said anything of the sort.
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

  3. #73
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,662

    Re: 15-Year Old Boy Uses AR-15 to Defend Himself, Sister Against Home Invaders

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Point out where I said it was evil liar. Quite pathetic that all you can do is lie since you cannot refute what I said.
    Look at yaself...

    You just keep on fishing. He didnt HAVE to use that eeeeeevil AR15...right? I mean...right? Come on...he could have used...a rubber boot! Ya! or...a Davey and Goliath Slingshot! Maybe a Red Rider BBgun!

    FM

    He used an AR15 for home defense. Quite well. Right gun, right use, right application, right choice by the family. You keep on fishin. Meanwhile...guess what POLICE use for such occasions? And do you know why? Because it is the right choice.
    swat-team.jpg

  4. #74
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: 15-Year Old Boy Uses AR-15 to Defend Himself, Sister Against Home Invaders

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    Your first statement here was trying to point out that other firearms could've been used, which every single person here understands, because that's insanely obvious.
    Um not everyone since there are some in this thread arguing that ONLY an AR-15 type could have saved them. I argued that the AR-15 wasn't needed and a lesser fire arm could be used. That doesn't mean I think the AR-15 should be banned and I have said several times in this thread that I don't think it should be banned.

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    From an outside view, the only reason you could've had for saying that is you think he shouldn't have had the AR-15 because a revolver or whatever would've done the same. If that's not what you meant, you did a poor job of expressing it.
    Wrong, and several posts of mine in this thread I even said I am NOT for an assault weapons ban. The only way someone would have come to the conclussion you think is if they didn't bother reading my comments on this thread and ASSUMED things instead. Not my problem.

  5. #75
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: 15-Year Old Boy Uses AR-15 to Defend Himself, Sister Against Home Invaders

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Look at yaself...

    You just keep on fishing. He didnt HAVE to use that eeeeeevil AR15...right? I mean...right? Come on...he could have used...a rubber boot! Ya! or...a Davey and Goliath Slingshot! Maybe a Red Rider BBgun!

    FM

    He used an AR15 for home defense. Quite well. Right gun, right use, right application, right choice by the family. You keep on fishin. Meanwhile...guess what POLICE use for such occasions? And do you know why? Because it is the right choice.
    As usual you lie and continue to lie about what I said. Pathetic, but then people like you are dishonest because you cannot refute what I said.

  6. #76
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,662

    Re: 15-Year Old Boy Uses AR-15 to Defend Himself, Sister Against Home Invaders

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    As usual you lie and continue to lie about what I said. Pathetic, but then people like you are dishonest because you cannot refute what I said.


    Right gun. Right application. Right choice. Right results.

  7. #77
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,563

    Re: 15-Year Old Boy Uses AR-15 to Defend Himself, Sister Against Home Invaders

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Um not everyone since there are some in this thread arguing that ONLY an AR-15 type could have saved them. I argued that the AR-15 wasn't needed and a lesser fire arm could be used. That doesn't mean I think the AR-15 should be banned and I have said several times in this thread that I don't think it should be banned.



    Wrong, and several posts of mine in this thread I even said I am NOT for an assault weapons ban. The only way someone would have come to the conclussion you think is if they didn't bother reading my comments on this thread and ASSUMED things instead. Not my problem.
    By all means, let's see these direct quotes of people that have posted in this thread that ONLY an AR-15 could've worked in this situation. What I've seen is most people express great relief that this kid and his sister are alright, and having a powerful rifle certainly played a part in that.

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post


    Right gun. Right application. Right choice. Right results.
    Don't worry, he's about to go get us some quotes about where we all said it was the ONLY weapon that could've saved their lives in this situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

  8. #78
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: 15-Year Old Boy Uses AR-15 to Defend Himself, Sister Against Home Invaders

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post


    Right gun. Right application. Right choice. Right results.
    Doesn't make you any less a liar.

  9. #79
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: 15-Year Old Boy Uses AR-15 to Defend Himself, Sister Against Home Invaders

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    By all means, let's see these direct quotes of people that have posted in this thread that ONLY an AR-15 could've worked in this situation. What I've seen is most people express great relief that this kid and his sister are alright, and having a powerful rifle certainly played a part in that.
    Right here is one:

    The FACT is it is extremely unlike that boy could have done that with a handgun and obviously not a bolt action "hunting" rifle.
    http://www.debatepolitics.com/breaki...nvaders-2.html

  10. #80
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,563

    Re: 15-Year Old Boy Uses AR-15 to Defend Himself, Sister Against Home Invaders

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    So your claim was:
    "there are some in this thread arguing that ONLY an AR-15 type could have saved them. "

    and this person said:

    "The FACT is it is extremely unlike that boy could have done that with a handgun and obviously not a bolt action "hunting" rifle."

    This person doesn't seem to be saying that an AR-15 was the only weapon that he could've saved them. Just that a weaker, and slower gun would've drastically reduced his chances to take on multiple adult attackers.

    The funniest thing about that was this quote is on page 2. Yet you started screaming at people in post 7 on page one about how it wasn't the only gun that could've killed anybody. So you baited someone into an argument then are trying to say they started it?
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •