Page 43 of 62 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast
Results 421 to 430 of 615

Thread: New Health Rankings: Of 17 Nations, U.S. Is Dead Last

  1. #421
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    02-15-14 @ 04:49 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,939

    Re: We're Number......LAST

    Quote Originally Posted by DVSentinel View Post
    I don't see us paying top dollar for near bottom of the barrel health care.
    The blind fail to see a lot of things.

    Quote Originally Posted by DVSentinel View Post
    Our health care is great. The costs are high, sure, but that is as much because we waste money on those who have not earned it as on anything else. You are making a judgment based upon statistics that do not present the full picture but are targeted to present a certain point of view. To get the whole picture, you have to take in the vast number of other factors that affect those figures, not just health care. Mr. Dittohead has expressed that he doesn't believe it would be affordable even if we removed the leeches. I however believe it would be. It was before we changed the laws allowing leeching. Would it be affordable to minimum wage earners, probably not, but then, have they actually earned it since they choose to stay at the bottom tier of employment? I don't thinks so. We also cannot make reasonable and affordable changes to healthcare without address many other factors in our society. We need to fix our approach to the economy and many other things, as well as our approach to healthcare.
    And the deaf and dumb don't make much progress either.

    Health care is not the equivalent of driving a Lexus, Your Imperiousness. Your arguments are those of a self-appointed, self-deluded elitist. Actual elites oppose every word you have just said. They tend to exhibit strong desires to give back to their communities and to better the lives of those less fortunate than themselves. You've a long, long way to go before you reach their level.

    And contrary to your every baseless supposition, virtually all other developed countries in the world do manage to deliver higher quality health care to nearly all of their residents at a much lower per capita cost. Clearly, they have discovered between something and a great deal more than you have about all this.
    Last edited by Cardinal Fang; 01-24-13 at 02:58 PM.

  2. #422
    Guru
    pinqy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    4,376

    Re: We're Number......LAST

    Quote Originally Posted by presluc View Post
    It is my opinion {though it may be wrong} that the census taken is incorrect.
    Time after time we as a society are told the unemployment rate is based on those seeking employment.
    Because it's true.

    Yet what of those that shall we say fell through the cracks.
    What about them?
    Of America's population of over 300 million are they all accounted for?
    Labor Force Statistics only use the Adult Civilian Non-Institutional Population: those age 16 and older who are not active duty military, not in prison, and not in an institution (mental institute, assisted living facility, etc). That is currently at 244,350,000
    What of people living on the streets?
    Since the Current Population Survey is a Household Survey, the homeless cannot be counted. Homeless shelters are not in the survey either because they're simply too volatile.
    What of the illegal immigrants with amnesty?
    The survey doesn't aske immigration status or citizenship. Illegal aliens are thus included.
    What of the Americans that are off the grid?
    The survey is by address and initial interviews are in person. But someone off the grid will most likely be a non-response in the survey.

    These questions may be right or wrong, may be good or bad.
    However to have the correct majority or minority, one must first have the correct number to go by.
    To get the right answer, you must first ask the right question.

    What is the purpose of the Unemployment rate? Is it a measure of poverty? Hardship?
    No. It's simply a measure of the Labor Market: what percent of people willing and trying to work are failing. Paris Hilton looking for another reality show would be classified as Unemployed.

    People not trying to work do not affect the labor market and tell us little to nothing about it.
    Therefore, since the world has still/Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure/Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would,/And train for ill and not for good.

  3. #423
    Sage
    presluc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,932

    Re: We're Number......LAST

    Quote Originally Posted by pinqy View Post
    Because it's true.

    What about them?

    Labor Force Statistics only use the Adult Civilian Non-Institutional Population: those age 16 and older who are not active duty military, not in prison, and not in an institution (mental institute, assisted living facility, etc). That is currently at 244,350,000
    Since the Current Population Survey is a Household Survey, the homeless cannot be counted. Homeless shelters are not in the survey either because they're simply too volatile.
    The survey doesn't aske immigration status or citizenship. Illegal aliens are thus included.
    The survey is by address and initial interviews are in person. But someone off the grid will most likely be a non-response in the survey.


    To get the right answer, you must first ask the right question.

    What is the purpose of the Unemployment rate? Is it a measure of poverty? Hardship?
    No. It's simply a measure of the Labor Market: what percent of people willing and trying to work are failing. Paris Hilton looking for another reality show would be classified as Unemployed.

    People not trying to work do not affect the labor market and tell us little to nothing about it.
    As you say "to get the right answer ask the right question".

    With so many people not looking for employment there should be an over abundance of jobs in the labor force , there is not why?
    Tiki bar regular.
    My code, never take anything for granted always expect the unexpexted.
    Never take anything you don't need ,never want anything you can't have

  4. #424
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Republic of Texas.
    Last Seen
    11-15-17 @ 11:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,647

    Re: We're Number......LAST

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal Fang View Post
    The blind fail to see a lot of things.


    And the deaf and dumb don't make much progress either.

    Health care is not the equivalent of driving a Lexus, Your Imperiousness. Your arguments are those of a self-appointed, self-deluded elitist. Actual elites oppose every word you have just said. They tend to exhibit strong desires to give back to their communities and to better the lives of those less fortunate than themselves. You've a long, long way to go before you reach their level.

    And contrary to your every baseless supposition, virtually all other developed countries in the world do manage to deliver higher quality health care to nearly all of their residents at a much lower per capita cost. Clearly, they have discovered between something and a great deal more than you have about all this.
    Bah, who wants a Lexus? Jap Junk. Go with Cadillac for class of car.

    Thank you for the insults btw, I appreciate it.

    Now. The supposition that one does not give back to community or that one who does not support UHC is not interested in bettering the lives of those less fortunate than themselves, that is a bunch of BS. In fact, it is in the interest of bettering the "less fortunate" that I do not support UHC, welfare, medicaid, etc. When one wishes to build strength, that person does not ignore or make excuses for weakness. No, one does what is necessary to exercise the weakness. In the case of the "less fortunate", no one is helping them by giving them anything free. You help them by making the work for what the need and want and thus build their strength until they can stand on their own. The less we give, including Healthcare, just motivates them to seek out all opportunities to better themselves. Approximately 15% of our population live in poverty, and that includes some that make a little above minimum wage. That 15% is bankrupting the rest of us and most of them are at the bottom because they chose to be, not because they have to be. If not giving the adult portion of that 15% healthcare motivates them to seek out and work for opportunities, then denying it to them is doing them good.

    The true cost of our healthcare can not be determined until we remove that 15% and all statistics related to that 15%. Keep in mind, that societal factors, obesity rates, diabetes, high cholesterol, poor diet and others (all of which we lead the world in) also have a factor in the cost and the statistics of our healthcare. If you cannot realize that, then you are just being simple minded.
    Only a fool measures equality by results and not opportunities.

  5. #425
    Guru
    pinqy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    4,376

    Re: We're Number......LAST

    Quote Originally Posted by presluc View Post
    As you say "to get the right answer ask the right question".

    With so many people not looking for employment there should be an over abundance of jobs in the labor force ,
    Why do you think that? there are 12 million people trying and failing to get jobs, so why would people who don't want to work make an abundance of jobs?
    Therefore, since the world has still/Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure/Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would,/And train for ill and not for good.

  6. #426
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,441

    Re: We're Number......LAST

    Quote Originally Posted by DVSentinel View Post
    Bah, who wants a Lexus? Jap Junk.
    That's antisemitic!








  7. #427
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    02-15-14 @ 04:49 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,939

    Re: We're Number......LAST

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    That's antisemitic!
    Whatever, but the post got worse from there.

  8. #428
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,441

    Re: We're Number......LAST

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal Fang View Post
    Whatever, but the post got worse from there.
    Wha-eva? Do you have a Lexus?

  9. #429
    Sage
    Medusa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Turkey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    38,085

    Re: We're Number......LAST

    I can believe in the first and 6th one.
    "Sovereignty is not given, it is taken." ATATÜRK

  10. #430
    User Sucre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Old Europe (Berlin)
    Last Seen
    03-10-13 @ 06:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    92

    Re: We're Number......LAST

    Quote Originally Posted by DVSentinel View Post
    Keep in mind, that societal factors, obesity rates, diabetes, high cholesterol, poor diet and others (all of which we lead the world in) also have a factor in the cost and the statistics of our healthcare. If you cannot realize that, then you are just being simple minded.
    And if you don't realize that this is precisely why healthcare is there: to cure diabetes and high choloestoral and all the collateral damages of obesity and poor diet, then you are just being simple minded.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drive you down to their level and then beat you with experience" (Marc Twain)

Page 43 of 62 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •