Page 34 of 62 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast
Results 331 to 340 of 615

Thread: New Health Rankings: Of 17 Nations, U.S. Is Dead Last

  1. #331
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: We're Number......LAST

    Quote Originally Posted by MarineTpartier View Post
    http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/...nts/50376350/1
    About Us | The National Association of Free & Charitable Clinics
    http://www.freemedicalcamps.com/index.php

    Sure, I got PWNED by a guy who has still failed to provide any proof of any claim he's made. You are the exact kind of person no one cares to debate with. Your entire purpose is to "pwn" people, not prove any sort of point. You don't even know why you believe what you believe. You're just another automaton who regurgitates the thoughts of others and claims them as his own. We're done here. Have a good one.
    Nothing you posted supports your claim that any child who walks into an ER with pains in their stomach will be treated

    However, I accept your surrender
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  2. #332
    Haters gon' hate
    MarineTpartier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    01-04-16 @ 04:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,586
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: We're Number......LAST

    Quote Originally Posted by Sucre View Post
    2)
    XE: (EUR/USD) Euro to US Dollar Rate
    (Mid-market rates: 2013-01-19 15:02 UTC)
    Dude, you do understand that is saying 1 Euro to $1.33 US right? You said in the previous post 1 Euro to $1,333 US. Was that a typo?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sucre View Post
    So yes, we have Greece in the Euro zone and it looks like we wil make it that Greece stays in the Euro zone. So far so good.
    Well, we have California so we're even lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sucre View Post
    4) What I think is that you should redirect those who get lung cancer to these free clinics so that they get proper treatment: maybe with your support will the US better its international ranking in treating lung cancer. You do not need to redirect me: I get access to high quality care at home and in just any clinic.
    You live in Germany correct?
    “Mr. Speaker, I once again find myself compelled to vote against the annual budget resolution for a very simple reason: it makes government bigger.” ― Ron Paul
    Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

  3. #333
    Student
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    mid-illinois
    Last Seen
    10-08-16 @ 03:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    272

    Re: We're Number......LAST

    i tend to look at these and think 'yea.. were still the highest accurately and honestly reported of all the above'..

  4. #334
    ˇSelah!
    Alyssa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    southern and midwestern United States where Protestant fundamentalism is dominant
    Last Seen
    05-07-14 @ 09:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,648
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: We're Number......LAST

    Managed healthcare means rationed healthcare. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, and technically it's already rationed anyhow, but when people get upset when the elderly and terminally ill are turned down for "life preserving" treatment because of cost cutting measures, it makes me wonder if the US is ready for such a system. Furthermore, the US has the highest rates of obesity, diabetes, cancer, and heart disease of nearly any other nation. Providing all of these people with "free" healthcare wouldn't reduce our rates. The countries with cheaper healthcare per capita have different demographics. One cannot simply compare the US to other nations and say, "There! See I told you UHC is superior." The comparison fails.

  5. #335
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,561

    Re: We're Number......LAST

    Quote Originally Posted by Evenstar View Post
    Managed healthcare means rationed healthcare. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, and technically it's already rationed anyhow, but when people get upset when the elderly and terminally ill are turned down for "life preserving" treatment because of cost cutting measures, it makes me wonder if the US is ready for such a system. Furthermore, the US has the highest rates of obesity, diabetes, cancer, and heart disease of nearly any other nation. Providing all of these people with "free" healthcare wouldn't reduce our rates. The countries with cheaper healthcare per capita have different demographics. One cannot simply compare the US to other nations and say, "There! See I told you UHC is superior." The comparison fails.
    Free (to the patient) health care is not the way to go if we're ever to reduce costs. Universal health insurance, not pre paid health care, is the way to go. The patient has to share in the costs, and have an incentive to take responsibility to reduce costs. Working on issues like diabetes and obesity is a part of the patient's responsibility.

    I'm not sure where you're getting your information about the US having higher rates of cancer and heart disease. Is that accurate? How do you know?
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  6. #336
    ˇSelah!
    Alyssa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    southern and midwestern United States where Protestant fundamentalism is dominant
    Last Seen
    05-07-14 @ 09:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,648
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: We're Number......LAST

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    Free (to the patient) health care is not the way to go if we're ever to reduce costs. Universal health insurance, not pre paid health care, is the way to go. The patient has to share in the costs, and have an incentive to take responsibility to reduce costs. Working on issues like diabetes and obesity is a part of the patient's responsibility.

    I'm not sure where you're getting your information about the US having higher rates of cancer and heart disease. Is that accurate? How do you know?
    A google search.

  7. #337
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: We're Number......LAST

    Quote Originally Posted by Evenstar View Post
    Managed healthcare means rationed healthcare. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, and technically it's already rationed anyhow, but when people get upset when the elderly and terminally ill are turned down for "life preserving" treatment because of cost cutting measures, it makes me wonder if the US is ready for such a system. Furthermore, the US has the highest rates of obesity, diabetes, cancer, and heart disease of nearly any other nation. Providing all of these people with "free" healthcare wouldn't reduce our rates. The countries with cheaper healthcare per capita have different demographics. One cannot simply compare the US to other nations and say, "There! See I told you UHC is superior." The comparison fails.
    I really don't think cost cutting measures are the biggest concerns. I think questions of morbidity are a bigger concern as far as health issues are concerned in regards to the issues you are talking about
    Last edited by winston53660; 01-19-13 at 09:32 PM.

  8. #338
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,561

    Re: We're Number......LAST

    Quote Originally Posted by Evenstar View Post
    A google search.
    You can get a lot of information from a google search.

    Some of it is accurate, too.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  9. #339
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,561

    Re: We're Number......LAST

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    I really don't think cost cutting measures are the biggest concerns. I think questions of morbidity are a bigger concern as far health are concerned
    Let's apply some math to that statement:

    The health care system accounts for roughly 18% of the GDP.
    The federal government spends about 21%.

    You could conclude, therefore, that federal spending outpaces health care spending, but wait: There is an overlap.

    Medicare/Medicaid/Veterans together account for about 9% of the GDP, all a part of federal spending. Subtract that out, and you get 12% of the GDP spent by the federal government on everything but health care. That figure includes social security, welfare (other than Medicaid), the military, interest on the national debt, everything except medical care.

    So, medical care costs significantly more than the entire federal budget exclusive of medical care.

    The United States spends significantly more than any other nation.
    And other nations are finding that they can't afford their systems, either.

    Our medical system is unaffordable, unsustainable, and is bankrupting the country. Yes, costs have to be addressed.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  10. #340
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: We're Number......LAST

    Your post makes no sense

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    Let's apply some math to that statement:

    The health care system accounts for roughly 18% of the GDP.
    Cite please

    The federal government spends about 21%.
    The fed spends 21% of WHAT? 21% of GDP on health care? 21% of its budget on health care? 21% of the total spending on health care?

    And provide a cite, please

    You could conclude, therefore, that federal spending outpaces health care spending, but wait: There is an overlap.
    We can't conclude anything from some poorly written nonsense

    Medicare/Medicaid/Veterans together account for about 9% of the GDP, all a part of federal spending.
    Cite?

    Subtract that out, and you get 12% of the GDP spent by the federal government on everything but health care. That figure includes social security, welfare (other than Medicaid), the military, interest on the national debt, everything except medical care.
    No it doesn't mean they spend 12% on "everything but health care". It means that the fed spends 12% of GDP on health care, not counting what it spends on Medicare/Medicaid/Veterans together (note: I'm assuming you meant the 21% referred to 21% of GDP)

    So, medical care costs significantly more than the entire federal budget exclusive of medical care.
    12% is not more than the other 79%

    The United States spends significantly more than any other nation.
    True

    And other nations are finding that they can't afford their systems, either.
    Not true

    Our medical system is unaffordable, unsustainable, and is bankrupting the country. Yes, costs have to be addressed.
    Agreed
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

Page 34 of 62 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •