Page 31 of 62 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 310 of 615

Thread: New Health Rankings: Of 17 Nations, U.S. Is Dead Last

  1. #301
    Haters gon' hate
    MarineTpartier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    01-04-16 @ 04:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,586
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: We're Number......LAST

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    it's perfectly correct grammar. Would it help if you put quotes around the words "pay for service"
    As opposed to the words "socialized medicine" (in quotations just for you) that has failed in numerous countries? Also, you meant to begin your sentence about perfect grammar with "It's" instead of "it's" I'm sure.
    “Mr. Speaker, I once again find myself compelled to vote against the annual budget resolution for a very simple reason: it makes government bigger.” ― Ron Paul
    Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

  2. #302
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: We're Number......LAST

    Quote Originally Posted by MarineTpartier View Post
    As opposed to the words "socialized medicine" (in quotations just for you) that has failed in numerous countries? Also, you meant to begin your sentence about perfect grammar with "It's" instead of "it's" I'm sure.
    Pointing out typo's in other peoples' posts is the weakest form of debate. You might as well wave a white flag.

    And pay for service health care has failed far more often than UHC systems
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  3. #303
    Haters gon' hate
    MarineTpartier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    01-04-16 @ 04:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,586
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: We're Number......LAST

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Pointing out typo's in other peoples' posts is the weakest form of debate. You might as well wave a white flag.
    Notice I countered your weak point prior to doing so. So there's the end of that......
    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    And pay for service health care has failed far more often than UHC systems
    Stats or it didn't happen. The bad part is, the entire premise of your point is to take the "better" failure of two failures. You don't see a problem with that?
    “Mr. Speaker, I once again find myself compelled to vote against the annual budget resolution for a very simple reason: it makes government bigger.” ― Ron Paul
    Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

  4. #304
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: We're Number......LAST

    Quote Originally Posted by MarineTpartier View Post
    Notice I countered your weak point prior to doing so. So there's the end of that......

    Stats or it didn't happen. The bad part is, the entire premise of your point is to take the "better" failure of two failures. You don't see a problem with that?
    Let's see who can list more nations where the two types of systems have failed. I'll go first:

    The US, every nation in Africa (there are 52), Afghanistan, India, and El Salvador

    That gives 56 failures for pay for service.

    Now list the nations where UHC has failed, or it didn't happen
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  5. #305
    Haters gon' hate
    MarineTpartier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    01-04-16 @ 04:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,586
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: We're Number......LAST

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Let's see who can list more nations where the two types of systems have failed. I'll go first:

    The US, every nation in Africa (there are 52), Afghanistan, India, and El Salvador

    That gives 56 failures for pay for service.

    Now list the nations where UHC has failed, or it didn't happen
    Those aren't stats. That's your opinion. I want to see stats, from a source, and no you are not a source. You made the claim, back it up. Still hasn't happened.
    “Mr. Speaker, I once again find myself compelled to vote against the annual budget resolution for a very simple reason: it makes government bigger.” ― Ron Paul
    Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

  6. #306
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: We're Number......LAST

    Quote Originally Posted by MarineTpartier View Post
    Those aren't stats. That's your opinion. I want to see stats, from a source, and no you are not a source. You made the claim, back it up. Still hasn't happened.
    Yes, they are statistics

    You're the one who claimed the socialized medicine has failed in many nations. Let's see your stats
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  7. #307
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,513

    Re: We're Number......LAST

    Here are some interesting stats. Apologies, as they are four years old now. I'm sure that $7,960 figure is well over eight grand now, and growing.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  8. #308
    Haters gon' hate
    MarineTpartier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    01-04-16 @ 04:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,586
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: We're Number......LAST

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Yes, they are statistics

    You're the one who claimed the socialized medicine has failed in many nations. Let's see your stats
    That I did. We can both agree it's failing here, correct? Medicare isn't solvent. So instead we doubled down and went further down the road with "Obama"care. Obamacare isn't totally instituted and we don't know if it will fail or not so I won't hypothesize on that. However, the latest GAO report and many economists don't see it working out. Anyway.
    The UK: The Ugly Realities Of Socialized Medicine Are Not Going Away - Forbes
    Canada: Rethinking Socialized Medicine In Canada - Investors.com
    This article is great.Where in the world can you get universal health care? - CNN.com It shows every country with universal or near universal healthcare. And in almost every countries profile you see a tiny blurb about financial troubles, quality of care, and lack of facilities. Sure, it works at first. Then it's time to pay for it. That's the problem with universal or socialized healthcare. That whole paying for it thing.
    “Mr. Speaker, I once again find myself compelled to vote against the annual budget resolution for a very simple reason: it makes government bigger.” ― Ron Paul
    Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

  9. #309
    Haters gon' hate
    MarineTpartier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    01-04-16 @ 04:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,586
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: We're Number......LAST

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    Here are some interesting stats. Apologies, as they are four years old now. I'm sure that $7,960 figure is well over eight grand now, and growing.
    The weird part is, everyone claims that people just die over here and are so poor because they don't have healthcare. Bogus. Heck, you can be an illegal immigrant and walk into a hospital and receive care.
    “Mr. Speaker, I once again find myself compelled to vote against the annual budget resolution for a very simple reason: it makes government bigger.” ― Ron Paul
    Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

  10. #310
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: We're Number......LAST

    Quote Originally Posted by MarineTpartier View Post
    That I did. We can both agree it's failing here, correct? Medicare isn't solvent. So instead we doubled down and went further down the road with "Obama"care. Obamacare isn't totally instituted and we don't know if it will fail or not so I won't hypothesize on that. However, the latest GAO report and many economists don't see it working out. Anyway.
    The UK: The Ugly Realities Of Socialized Medicine Are Not Going Away - Forbes
    Canada: Rethinking Socialized Medicine In Canada - Investors.com
    This article is great.Where in the world can you get universal health care? - CNN.com It shows every country with universal or near universal healthcare. And in almost every countries profile you see a tiny blurb about financial troubles, quality of care, and lack of facilities. Sure, it works at first. Then it's time to pay for it. That's the problem with universal or socialized healthcare. That whole paying for it thing.
    None of those links indicate that socialized medicine has "failed" in any nation
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

Page 31 of 62 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •