Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 150

Thread: Welfare Recipients Take out Cash at Strip Clubs, Liquor Stores and X-rated Shops.....

  1. #121
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Welfare Recipients Take out Cash at Strip Clubs, Liquor Stores and X-rated Shops.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dwight View Post
    They used stripper footage?
    Nah, they just showed the front of the Clubs. Bars and even Lil Mom and Pop Grocery stores.

  2. #122
    Educator
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    02-08-13 @ 10:14 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    843

    Re: Welfare Recipients Take out Cash at Strip Clubs, Liquor Stores and X-rated Shops.

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Nah, they just showed the front of the Clubs. Bars and even Lil Mom and Pop Grocery stores.
    Exactly.

    Again, my point thanks you for your support!

  3. #123
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: Welfare Recipients Take out Cash at Strip Clubs, Liquor Stores and X-rated Shops.

    Quote Originally Posted by Chelsea View Post
    Post continued... I couldnt edit it on my smartphone.

    To stop expecting people making $20,000 a year to pay for expensive training or even college. I have been turned down from a job because I didn't have $50 to get a food handlers card before I was employed! How are you expecting the financially destitute to fix a problem they didn't create? If mom and dad didnt go to college and they dont have money for college or barely enough for bills then the likliehood of JR. getting through college are alot slimmer than the kids of one or two college graduates who can consequently help pay for a better future. Has anyone here been to an inner city high school? It teaches craptastic curriculum and puts one at a disadvantage on their college applications. The whole system is designed to make the poor repeat their cycle of poverty.
    If you're only bringing $20k a year in, you can go to a low cost tech school, that teachs all the remedial stuff for free.
    Fafsa will cover the education expenses.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  4. #124
    Educator
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    02-08-13 @ 10:14 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    843

    Re: Welfare Recipients Take out Cash at Strip Clubs, Liquor Stores and X-rated Shops.

    Quote Originally Posted by Chelsea View Post
    Post continued... I couldnt edit it on my smartphone.

    To stop expecting people making $20,000 a year to pay for expensive training or even college. I have been turned down from a job because I didn't have $50 to get a food handlers card before I was employed! How are you expecting the financially destitute to fix a problem they didn't create? If mom and dad didnt go to college and they dont have money for college or barely enough for bills then the likliehood of JR. getting through college are alot slimmer than the kids of one or two college graduates who can consequently help pay for a better future. Has anyone here been to an inner city high school? It teaches craptastic curriculum and puts one at a disadvantage on their college applications. The whole system is designed to make the poor repeat their cycle of poverty.
    Hush you and get your pampered Welfare Queen butt back into your shiny new Cadillac!

    I really have a hard time figuring out how much is ignorance, how much is malice, and how much is indifference that perpetuates the intergenerational social class system in the US. Taking comments on this forum at face value, there is at least some measure of ignorance. But I really have a hard time accepting that people like Ronald Reagan are not at least somewhat aware of what they are doing when they fabricate myths to support and even further entrench it.

  5. #125
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,634

    Re: Welfare Recipients Take out Cash at Strip Clubs, Liquor Stores and X-rated Shops.

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Not at all if you know what ethnicity of people that are on Food-Stamps. Which just happens to not be those from the Black race. So the rest of it is nothing but that assuming U are use to doing around here.
    Awww now yur just spinning like a top. No one said whining over food cards was racist, your identifying the ministers as black was. I know you will never get that, is ok, I grew up in the south, seeing black as the primary identifier is typical down there.

  6. #126
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Welfare Recipients Take out Cash at Strip Clubs, Liquor Stores and X-rated Shops.

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    Awww now yur just spinning like a top. No one said whining over food cards was racist, your identifying the ministers as black was. I know you will never get that, is ok, I grew up in the south, seeing black as the primary identifier is typical down there.

    Once again there goes your Assuming shiznit Right down the tubes
    ! I grew up on the South Side of Chicago! Like I said if they would have stated they were Korean or any other type I would have identified them as such. I know you can't get past that point. I was also In the service and have several Black friends who tell me they are Black and not African American. So you can save all your whining and crying over that Racial BS you are talking about.

    But I didn't think you wanted to respond to the real dilemma anyways. That would be YOUR MAN Obama and why it all has doubled under his watch. While telling all everything is okay with this economy.

  7. #127
    Iconoclast
    DaveFagan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    wny
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:01 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,309

    Re: Welfare Recipients Take out Cash at Strip Clubs, Liquor Stores and X-rated Shops.

    Quote Originally Posted by rhinefire View Post
    The hilarious issue here is the welfare scum in America and we all know who they are, scream to the high heavens when their "right" to welfare money is challenged and or cut off. Lottery tickets, striipers, cigarettes and cheap liquor is what they have lived on for the past one hundred years and it seems to be unstoppable.
    Wow! You're absolutely right on. Those welfare "Queens" Nuclear power, fossil fuel energy, big Pharma, and Military contractors squeal like pigs anytime their welfare money is challenged or cut off. It's despicable and even unpatriotic. I can't believe the voters put up with it. MoSurveyor is right when he says the Congressmen's votes go to their stock portfolios.

  8. #128
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,634

    Re: Welfare Recipients Take out Cash at Strip Clubs, Liquor Stores and X-rated Shops.

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post

    Once again there goes your Assuming shiznit Right down the tubes
    ! I grew up on the South Side of Chicago! Like I said if they would have stated they were Korean or any other type I would have identified them as such. I know you can't get past that point. I was also In the service and have several Black friends who tell me they are Black and not African American. So you can save all your whining and crying over that Racial BS you are talking about.

    But I didn't think you wanted to respond to the real dilemma anyways. That would be YOUR MAN Obama and why it all has doubled under his watch. While telling all everything is okay with this economy.
    I know a guy who grew up on the South Side, retired military in Lawton Ok now. You can't find a more bigotted man in Georgia. growing up in a mixed area doesn't inoculate you from racism, the household you grow up in does. having friends in the military doesn't mean you don't see race as a first identifier, that you would even think Korean, black or whatever first is the telling part.

    Now your OP wasn't about food cards doubling but rather a hack piece from a Murdock paper. You talk a lot about other folk's assumptions and the entire focus of the hack piece was assuming where the money was spent.

    No proof

    No stripper interviews claiming the money was tucked in their G-String

    No XXX store clerk naming products bought with the money...

    Just pure assumptions.

    Now you retreat to the last radical right wing stronghold-

    The doubling of the program under President Obama as if there had been no nose dive in the economy, the market, millions losing their jobs, major corporations taking huge bailouts while their CEO's escape with million dollar bonuses....

    Pitiful hackery...

    typical radical right whine...

  9. #129
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    03-11-13 @ 07:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    420

    Re: Welfare Recipients Take out Cash at Strip Clubs, Liquor Stores and X-rated Shops.

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    If you're only bringing $20k a year in, you can go to a low cost tech school, that teachs all the remedial stuff for free.
    Fafsa will cover the education expenses.

    Actually $21,000 was my husband and my income cimbined in 2011. I have been to Medical Assisting school and Pharmacy Technician school graduating both with a 4.0. When I worked as a Medical Assistant I made $9.75/hour and because I'm pretty socially awkward and can't multitask worth a damn, I lost that job within 3 months. As a pharmacy tech I made $9.10/hour and got let go because of a computer error. In Nevada anyone can pick up a Schedule 2 medication with an address, phone number, date of birth, and their photo ID, reguardless of whether ir not it's their script. If someone is stealing grandma's pain meds an alert was supposed to show up and refuse the sale... Well for me it didn't. It let the sale go through and the next day I was fired because of it. I have little more than a piece of paper and $10,000 in student loan debt to show for my efforts 3 and 5 years later. I actually made more working as a general cleaner than as a Pharmacy Tech. You name it we have done it. Or I have... School, learning 3 languages, building resumes and applying to hundreds of jobs only to get a call back from Walmart, McDonalds, and 7-11. And I couldn't even get those jobs without a substantial amount of money for health cards, TAM cards, and a Sheriffs card. All-in-all around $200.

  10. #130
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    03-11-13 @ 07:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    420

    Re: Welfare Recipients Take out Cash at Strip Clubs, Liquor Stores and X-rated Shops.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dwight View Post
    Hush you and get your pampered Welfare Queen butt back into your shiny new Cadillac!

    I really have a hard time figuring out how much is ignorance, how much is malice, and how much is indifference that perpetuates the intergenerational social class system in the US. Taking comments on this forum at face value, there is at least some measure of ignorance. But I really have a hard time accepting that people like Ronald Reagan are not at least somewhat aware of what they are doing when they fabricate myths to support and even further entrench it.

    Um... We aren't on welfare right now. We were in 2022.

    I drive a 2003 Chevy Cavalier...

    You're obviously ignorant and bigoted. You assume that because I defend welfare recipients tand have had assistance in the past that I am still on welfare. You break out the old welfare queen stereotype accusing me of using the measly $513 a month check that was all we had in 2011 to buy a $10,000-$30,000 vehicle. And you assume I feel entitled to your tax dollars. I grew up in foster care and as a result I am eligible for some forms of assistance, income restriction free, until the age of 25. Such as I can ask for help in getting an apartment, but I dont because I would rather not live in a roach infested, drug trafficking, hell-hole. My daughter gets SSI insurance because she has a congenital heart condition. My uncle in the Marines has the same insurance for his son with a similar condition. I was never entitled to anything in life and didnt grow up ever thinking of having to be on welfare to feed my family, but **** happens. I know alot of people on welfare right now. My friends husband just died leaving her with 4 kids, no skills, no job, and the little he left her was used for his funeral. Shes on welfare. My best friend from high school has a daughter by a man who she was with for 5 years. Turns out her baby is his 5th and she has been on welfare since the baby was born between jobs with the ups and downs of the economy She has also worked her way through 2 technical courses to no avail. Trying to drudge up the Cadillac driving welfare moms of the AFDC era in light of the recession, the stricter TANF regulations, and the fact that many people are growing into adulthood without the support of their parents (like they had in the 40s and 50s) is pure ignorance.

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •