Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 206

Thread: O'Reilly: Al Gore's sale to al-Jazeera 'sleazy and disgraceful' [W:153/170/200]

  1. #81
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    re: O'Reilly: Al Gore's sale to al-Jazeera 'sleazy and disgraceful' [W:152]

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    This sound remarkably like "they all look the same to me."

    Not the same...and your being disengenuous, you know exactly what I mean.

  2. #82
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    re: O'Reilly: Al Gore's sale to al-Jazeera 'sleazy and disgraceful' [W:152]

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    Not the same...and your being disengenuous, you know exactly what I mean.
    No, actually, despite my laughter I guess I really don't. I read "I fear them because I never know which one of them that is near me hates ME and is my enemy. I fear them because they hate us and I fear them because of all ive seen and heard..." and I wonder how that's any different from "they all look the same to me." Your concern actually is your inability to tell one group from another.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  3. #83
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    01-30-13 @ 07:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,036

    re: O'Reilly: Al Gore's sale to al-Jazeera 'sleazy and disgraceful' [W:152]

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    Oh I get him fully.. he is an arrogant asshole who caters to the lowest common denominator. On top of that he is sexist, racist and homophobic.
    Yeah. Like I said, the signal between the USA and Spain must be at fault here because you don't get Bill O at all.

  4. #84
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    01-30-13 @ 07:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,036

    re: O'Reilly: Al Gore's sale to al-Jazeera 'sleazy and disgraceful' [W:152]

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman05 View Post
    I personally don't think anyone has the right to criticize the sale itself if it was done legally.

    If the american people are going to be in an outrage because of this... stop watching al-jazeera. Let those who want to watch it, watch it. And those who don't... don't. I personally take any news al-jazeera puts out there with a pinch of salt and a hard dose of skepticism since it is a media channel with an agenda.
    Unfortunately in this case the consequences of this sale could be significantly negative for America. However, the average American won't recognize the danger of an Islamist entity that has the veneer of respectability and assumed approval being introduced into our society.

    We are not the America of even twenty years ago. We've increasingly become accustomed to having things inspected and approved for our use. We have come to expect a regulatory entity of some kind which will make everything we are exposed to safe and acceptable for our consumption. In other words, the mindset today has become one of, 'if it wasn't okay they wouldn't have approved it.'

    We have increasingly become a nanny state and rather than reying on good old American self reliance and

    personal responsibility leading one to do their own due diligence on a matter like this, there are millions of gullible Americans who will just accept a gradual increase in Islamic news and a subtle positive shading of
    news that should be taken, as you say, with a pinch of salt"

  5. #85
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:29 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,417

    re: O'Reilly: Al Gore's sale to al-Jazeera 'sleazy and disgraceful' [W:152]

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    No, actually, despite my laughter I guess I really don't. I read "I fear them because I never know which one of them that is near me hates ME and is my enemy. I fear them because they hate us and I fear them because of all ive seen and heard..." and I wonder how that's any different from "they all look the same to me." Your concern actually is your inability to tell one group from another.
    This is an interesting perspective, but I don't think it works simply because you're equating physical attributes to inner thought. The two are in no way the same. All people of a particular group looking the same as a matter of their outward physical appearance is indeed absurd. Being able to look at a person and instinctively knowing what their mindset is is not realistic, hence there will always be a level of the unknown involved, and in that unknown exists the potential for bad.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  6. #86
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    01-30-13 @ 07:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,036

    re: O'Reilly: Al Gore's sale to al-Jazeera 'sleazy and disgraceful' [W:152]

    Quote Originally Posted by Andalublue View Post
    That's a weird post. I read the whole thread and I don't recall seeing anyone cheering Al Gore, for pretty much anything. Do you have it in mind that, because he was a Dem, every leftish person must be cheering him? Even when no one's opening their mouth?
    If only we could restrict our vulnerability to the Left's ills by confining ourselves to what is mentioned (or not) in a DP thread.

    We deal with the WORLD's problems here at DP.

    We deal with the WORLD's reactions to events here at DP.

    Get used to it.

  7. #87
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    01-30-13 @ 07:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,036

    re: O'Reilly: Al Gore's sale to al-Jazeera 'sleazy and disgraceful' [W:152]

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    I dislike Al Gore very much, but truth be told, who gives a crap.
    Good for him, he made a buck on his tv station.
    Some people who own homes bordering on wildlife areas often see wild deer on their own property.

    Everyone has a soft spot in their hearts for Bambi and deer in general and so they consider the presence of deer a good thing and even a special event.

    But those with a long history of deer interactions and those with the education to understand the possibnle negative impact of close contact with deer are the ones whose opinions and warnings about deer should be listened to carefully.

    Deer trample and eat flowers and vegetables in backyards and gardens. And deer carry ticks and other parasites that can be deadly to humans.

    So, even though deer are beautiful animals they can be harmful to our health.

    You may not recognize the potential danger of letting Al Jazeera gain greater acceptance in America just like the average homeowner might not be aware of the poitential dangers of allowing wild deer to come onto their land and get close to pets and people.

    But the danger is there whether you recognize it or not.

  8. #88
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-17 @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    15,248

    re: O'Reilly: Al Gore's sale to al-Jazeera 'sleazy and disgraceful' [W:152]

    Quote Originally Posted by marsden View Post
    Number 1 Cable News show for more than ten years iirc.

    Two books at the top of the NYT bestseller list simultaneously.

    Based on that, I'd say a lot of people care what Bill-O thinks and says and does.

    Oh, and did you happen to catch the fact that the former Marine who was close to death and being held in a Mexican jail was released only after Bill-O promised to take significant measures if he wasn't released and enjoying home and family by Christmas?

    Yeah. Who cares what Bill O thinks?
    Right wing foxbats apparently love the guy. I rest my case.
    "Groups with guitars are on the way out, Mr. Epstein"

    Dick Rowe, A & R man
    Decca Records
    London, 1962

  9. #89
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    01-30-13 @ 07:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,036

    re: O'Reilly: Al Gore's sale to al-Jazeera 'sleazy and disgraceful' [W:152]

    Quote Originally Posted by Monserrat View Post
    I honestly don't know why so many people are supportive of AJ given their track record. I mean I'm usually an optimistic person but at this point it's up to AJ to prove themselves to the rest of us if they want to be perceived as more fair and balanced. I think 'progressives' just have a soft spot for Muslims since after 9/11 trying to prove that they aren't all horrible people which is fine except they've sort of taken it a bit too far so that they cannot see that it causes them to discriminate against other people and turn a blind eye to those they think they are 'protecting'. Just some observations.

    I don't know about the whole stealth infiltration thing and that anyone would be for it.
    I have been enjoying your fair minded but cautiously pro-America posts. This one included.

    Thanks for the explanation.

  10. #90
    Sage
    Geoist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    9,916

    re: O'Reilly: Al Gore's sale to al-Jazeera 'sleazy and disgraceful' [W:152]

    Fox News loves sleaze. Maybe O'Reilly was complimenting Al Gore.
    "Men did not make the earth ... it is the value of the improvement only, and not the earth itself, that is individual property... Every proprietor owes to the community a ground rent for the land which he holds." -- Thomas Paine, Agrarian Justice
    http://www.wealthandwant.com/

Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •