Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 206

Thread: O'Reilly: Al Gore's sale to al-Jazeera 'sleazy and disgraceful' [W:153/170/200]

  1. #71
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    re: O'Reilly: Al Gore's sale to al-Jazeera 'sleazy and disgraceful' [W:152]

    I dislike Al Gore very much, but truth be told, who gives a crap.
    Good for him, he made a buck on his tv station.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  2. #72
    Phonetic Mnemonic ©
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:10 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,422

    re: O'Reilly: Al Gore's sale to al-Jazeera 'sleazy and disgraceful' [W:152]

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    Do you agree with Oreilly....I more agree than disagree, im admittedly not an Al Gore fan

    O'Reilly: Al Gore's sale to al-Jazeera 'sleazy and disgraceful' - POLITICO.com
    The AJ aspect is neither here nor there to me, but on the the tax avoidance (legal, to be fair) aspect I agree with O'Reilly. Someone who advocates "the rich" paying higher taxes, almost to the point that it should be considered a selfless and moral duty, shouldn't be factoring in taxes AT ALL when doing their own deals.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  3. #73
    Professor
    Monserrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    04-29-14 @ 11:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,497

    re: O'Reilly: Al Gore's sale to al-Jazeera 'sleazy and disgraceful' [W:152]

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    The funny thing is....

    The conservatives who are against Al Jazeera should actually be for the channel, considering the stories going after Obama and his administration that Al Jazeera have quite often. I saw one just yesterday being highly critical of the Obama administration and defending the common American....

    Guess most conservatives are basing their view on propaganda from right wing blogs and not from first hand experience. Hell there is more "anti-Al Q rhetoric" and even "pro-Israeli talk" on the channel than there is "anti-American" talk.. but hey!
    In 2008 AJ praised Samir Kuntar as a hero and celebrated his birthday with him. That was right after he was released from an Israeli prison on a prisoner exchange type of deal. He was locked up for killing three Israeli's one of which was a four year old girl.

    They're very anti-Israeli unless they did a 180 since then.
    I believe half of the things I say and say half of the things I believe.

  4. #74
    Professor
    Monserrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    04-29-14 @ 11:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,497

    re: O'Reilly: Al Gore's sale to al-Jazeera 'sleazy and disgraceful' [W:152]

    Quote Originally Posted by marsden View Post
    I don't believe they deserve a pass for their past actions. They still represent and have in their employ (I'd bet) people who are committed to the downfall of the West and America in particular.

    As for Israel, we KNOW they have a hard-on for Jews.

    And, again, how can American Progressives, Liberals and Democrats ever abide the unbridled, unabashed Muslim bigotry against Jews? They wouldn't for one second look the other way in the face of White vs Black bigotry or anti-Women-Homosexual-Hispanic bigotry.

    But when it comes to bigotry against Jews they are 'down' with it (they readily accept it).


    In fact, some if the BIGGEST fans of Islamist stealth infiltration and/or subversion are Jews, Gays and Women.

    Somebody PLEASE explain that to me.
    I honestly don't know why so many people are supportive of AJ given their track record. I mean I'm usually an optimistic person but at this point it's up to AJ to prove themselves to the rest of us if they want to be perceived as more fair and balanced. I think 'progressives' just have a soft spot for Muslims since after 9/11 trying to prove that they aren't all horrible people which is fine except they've sort of taken it a bit too far so that they cannot see that it causes them to discriminate against other people and turn a blind eye to those they think they are 'protecting'. Just some observations.

    I don't know about the whole stealth infiltration thing and that anyone would be for it.
    I believe half of the things I say and say half of the things I believe.

  5. #75
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    re: O'Reilly: Al Gore's sale to al-Jazeera 'sleazy and disgraceful' [W:152]

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    The AJ aspect is neither here nor there to me, but on the the tax avoidance (legal, to be fair) aspect I agree with O'Reilly. Someone who advocates "the rich" paying higher taxes, almost to the point that it should be considered a selfless and moral duty, shouldn't be factoring in taxes AT ALL when doing their own deals.
    Im going to answer all the responses to me from Tactical Dan and Andalube in this post ok...Im old and cant keep up with all you guys throwing stuff at me...im just not bright enough

    I remember quite well all the propaganda and anti american printing al jazeera has done and their televison propaganda...in the beginning of the war they did nothing but try to damage the us effort.
    I am desperately trying to find an article by a mid east expert that I read a couple of months ago...about Al Jazeera has calmed their rhetoric and became more main stream...because they like ALL other muslim groups want a foothold in the United states...WELL HERE IT IS....Personally..this is my opinion...I do not hate muslims...but I fear them, I fear them because I never know which one of them that is near me hates ME and is my enemy. I fear them because they hate us and I fear them because of all ive seen and heard...like their putting out contracts to murder on anyone that says anything they dont like...I could go on and on but you all know the drill....lastly dont try to "SELL" me the...Most muslims are good muslims crap...let them tell me that they believe that most americans are good people first...and let them denounce PUBLICALLY with conviction their religion of hate and murder...then we can talk...but muslim cheerleaders make me shake my head to be honest...

  6. #76
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    re: O'Reilly: Al Gore's sale to al-Jazeera 'sleazy and disgraceful' [W:152]

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    It has to be put into perspective.... Al Gore said HELLLL NO to an offer from O´Rielly buddy Glenn Beck... I am just guessing that has a big impact on Mr O'Rielly's attitude.
    I do not like Oreilly...and I like glen beck less...and I dislike Al Gore as much as both of those two...im equal opportunity disliker.
    This isnt about personalities...and I would dislike this sale no matter who made it.

  7. #77
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    re: O'Reilly: Al Gore's sale to al-Jazeera 'sleazy and disgraceful' [W:152]

    Quote Originally Posted by marsden View Post
    I'll take your lack of denials as an inability to deny the points I made.

    Everyone take note.
    Everyone take note of the fact that I'm satirizing you and thus inherently denying your "points?" Um, okay...
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  8. #78
    free market communist
    Gardener's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    09-30-17 @ 12:27 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,661

    re: O'Reilly: Al Gore's sale to al-Jazeera 'sleazy and disgraceful' [W:152]

    I generally like Gore, and while I often dislike O'Reilly, I don't see him in the same category as Limbaugh or Hannity, both of whom are despicable.

    As far as the sale to Al Jazeera, though, I stand with O'Reilly. A News agency on record as referring to terrorists as "martyrs" and with such an obviously anti-American track record is not to be trusted. I find it laughable how the more dogmatic hard leftists like to point out that fox is biased but defend Al_Jazeera while the dogmtic hard righties do the opposite. If a person cannot recognize that both have obvious biases they are simply too entrenched in their positions to have any credibility.
    "you're better off on Stormfront discussing how evil brown men are taking innocent white flowers." Infinite Chaos

  9. #79
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    re: O'Reilly: Al Gore's sale to al-Jazeera 'sleazy and disgraceful' [W:152]

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    The Left were slamming Romney all thru the campaign about how little income tax he paid, but when Al Gore avoids paying it, they cheer. Hypocrites.
    As I've already said, Al Gore isn't avoiding paying any taxes.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  10. #80
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    re: O'Reilly: Al Gore's sale to al-Jazeera 'sleazy and disgraceful' [W:152]

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    Personally..this is my opinion...I do not hate muslims...but I fear them, I fear them because I never know which one of them that is near me hates ME and is my enemy. I fear them because they hate us and I fear them because of all ive seen and heard...like their putting out contracts to murder on anyone that says anything they dont like...I could go on and on but you all know the drill....lastly dont try to "SELL" me the...Most muslims are good muslims crap...let them tell me that they believe that most americans are good people first...and let them denounce PUBLICALLY with conviction their religion of hate and murder...then we can talk...but muslim cheerleaders make me shake my head to be honest...
    This sound remarkably like "they all look the same to me."
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •