Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 206

Thread: O'Reilly: Al Gore's sale to al-Jazeera 'sleazy and disgraceful' [W:153/170/200]

  1. #161
    Sit Nomine Digna
    Carjosse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Montreal, QC, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,190

    Re: O'Reilly: Al Gore's sale to al-Jazeera 'sleazy and disgraceful'

    I find this relevant:

  2. #162
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    01-30-13 @ 07:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,036

    Re: O'Reilly: Al Gore's sale to al-Jazeera 'sleazy and disgraceful' [W:152]

    Quote Originally Posted by 0bserver92 View Post
    I did, it's amazingly biased.
    Biased how?

    And if you say it's biased toward the right, see what you can cull from the piece about how Islam in a free society can erode our freedoms.

  3. #163
    Sit Nomine Digna
    Carjosse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Montreal, QC, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,190

    Re: O'Reilly: Al Gore's sale to al-Jazeera 'sleazy and disgraceful' [W:152]

    Quote Originally Posted by marsden View Post
    Biased how?

    And if you say it's biased toward the right, see what you can cull from the piece about how Islam in a free society can erode our freedoms.
    Let's see here:
    1) It's from the Jewish Magazine
    2) "Canada’s hate censorship regime" They are usually certain language throughout to make one side look worse than the other for example this shows they have no respect for the government not regime of Canada and reveals an obvious anti-Canada rhetoric.
    3) They seem take a very pro-Jewish stance praising the prosecution of neo-nazis but when it comes to Jews they criticize it.
    Last edited by Carjosse; 01-06-13 at 11:46 PM.

  4. #164
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    01-30-13 @ 07:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,036

    Re: O'Reilly: Al Gore's sale to al-Jazeera 'sleazy and disgraceful'

    Quote Originally Posted by 0bserver92 View Post
    Like I said before give me evidence AJE is biased. The article you quoted, that is bias.
    I never addressed whether or not AJE was biased.

    The facts that I hoped you'd glean from the article are that Mark Steyn made statements in print that offended some Muslims who used Canada's anti-hate speech laws to try to get Steyn censored. And if their
    ploy worked he would have been prevented from writing and publishing and selling any of his works in Canada.

    The concept of free speech, which we in the USA hold dear or take for granted (such extremes!) could have been legally taken from an important writer.

    This can happen here.

    Some think that only despotic countries or Nazis are able to take away your freedom of speech.

    Muslims in Canada used PROGRESSIVE laws to achieve the outrageous!

  5. #165
    Sit Nomine Digna
    Carjosse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Montreal, QC, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,190

    Re: O'Reilly: Al Gore's sale to al-Jazeera 'sleazy and disgraceful'

    Quote Originally Posted by marsden View Post
    I never addressed whether or not AJE was biased.

    The facts that I hoped you'd glean from the article are that Mark Steyn made statements in print that offended some Muslims who used Canada's anti-hate speech laws to try to get Steyn censored. And if their
    ploy worked he would have been prevented from writing and publishing and selling any of his works in Canada.

    The concept of free speech, which we in the USA hold dear or take for granted (such extremes!) could have been legally taken from an important writer.

    This can happen here.

    Some think that only despotic countries or Nazis are able to take away your freedom of speech.

    Muslims in Canada used PROGRESSIVE laws to achieve the outrageous!
    Hate speech is seen as reasonable limit in freedom of expression like the Youth Criminal Justice Act is a reasonable limitation of freedom of the press.

  6. #166
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    01-30-13 @ 07:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,036

    Re: O'Reilly: Al Gore's sale to al-Jazeera 'sleazy and disgraceful' [W:152]

    Quote Originally Posted by 0bserver92 View Post
    Let's see here:



    1) It's from the Jewish Magazine
    2) "Canada’s hate censorship regime" They are usually certain language throughout to make one side look worse than the other for example this shows they have no respect for the government not regime of Canada and reveals an obvious anti-Canada rhetoric.
    3) They seem take a very pro-Jewish stance praising the prosecution of neo-nazis but when it comes to Jews they criticize it.
    Here's a clue. The only people I know who express an objection to an article because it's in a Jewish magazine are bigots.

    I can't stand that about you.

    Anti-Semitism is not the moral equivalent of anti-Muslim.

    Anti-Muslim sentiment has, at it's root, a desire to be free and safe from those Muslims who are commanded
    to achieve dominion over the world by any means necessary, even violence, by their Holy book.

    Anti-Semitism sentiment has, at it's root, a refusal to accept people's right to be Jewish or a reluctance to recognize the rights of Jews to live where they traditionally lived for more than 5,000 years.










    to by

  7. #167
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    01-30-13 @ 07:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,036

    Re: O'Reilly: Al Gore's sale to al-Jazeera 'sleazy and disgraceful'

    Quote Originally Posted by 0bserver92 View Post
    Hate speech is seen as reasonable limit in freedom of expression like the Youth Criminal Justice Act is a reasonable limitation of freedom of the press.
    Bigotry loves laws that allow censorship.

  8. #168
    Sit Nomine Digna
    Carjosse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Montreal, QC, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,190

    Re: O'Reilly: Al Gore's sale to al-Jazeera 'sleazy and disgraceful' [W:152]

    Quote Originally Posted by marsden View Post
    Here's a clue. The only people I know who express an objection to an article because it's in a Jewish magazine are bigots.

    I can't stand that about you.

    Anti-Semitism is not the moral equivalent of anti-Muslim.

    Anti-Muslim sentiment has, at it's root, a desire to be free and safe from those Muslims who are commanded
    to achieve dominion over the world by any means necessary, even violence, by their Holy book.

    Anti-Semitism sentiment has, at it's root, a refusal to accept people's right to be Jewish or a reluctance to recognize the rights of Jews to live where they traditionally lived for more than 5,000 years.
    So I'm not allowed to hold Jews and Muslims to the same standard? I refuse to recognize the Jewish claim to the West bank, they are stealing land form people who legally own it. They have a right to defend themselves from the Jews trying to steal their land. What if I had a religion and I had a claim to the land your house was sitting on, what would you do? I don't hate Jews or Muslims, I hate the extremists of both groups. I hate the Jews that want to steal land from the people who legally own the land and beat women for dressing a certain way. I hate the Muslims that think they should beat non-believers and those who deface the Qur'an.

  9. #169
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    01-30-13 @ 07:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,036

    Re: O'Reilly: Al Gore's sale to al-Jazeera 'sleazy and disgraceful' [W:152]

    Quote Originally Posted by 0bserver92 View Post
    So I'm not allowed to hold Jews and Muslims to the same standard? I refuse to recognize the Jewish claim to the West bank, they are stealing land form people who legally own it. They have a right to defend themselves from the Jews trying to steal their land. What if I had a religion and I had a claim to the land your house was sitting on, what would you do? I don't hate Jews or Muslims, I hate the extremists of both groups. I hate the Jews that want to steal land from the people who legally own the land and beat women for dressing a certain way. I hate the Muslims that think they should beat non-believers and those who deface the Qur'an.
    Do you think the bigotry toward Jews began with the Zionist movement and the creation of the state of Israel or do you think this animus started in history past?

  10. #170
    Uncanny
    Paschendale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    New York City
    Last Seen
    03-31-16 @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    12,510

    Re: O'Reilly: Al Gore's sale to al-Jazeera 'sleazy and disgraceful' [W:152]

    I am in no way surprised when O'Reilly, and the network for which he is a primary spokesman, endorses racial and religious bigotry. Al-Jazeera is, in basically every possible way, a superior news organization to Fox. The only difference that sets off anyone's ire is that it is based in a Muslim and Arabic culture, rather than a white Christian one. There is nothing here but bigotry, and an amusingly misplaced sense of superiority. O'Reilly should aspire to be a newsman of the caliber of the people he's criticizing. They're on a much higher level than he is.
    Liberté. Égalité. Fraternité.

Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •