Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 72

Thread: Florida's Long Lines On Election Day Discouraged 49,000 People From Voting: Report

  1. #41
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,437

    Re: Florida's Long Lines On Election Day Discouraged 49,000 People From Voting: Repor

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    Do you have any proof that those that decided not to wait in lines do not fall into the categories you stated here?

    Enough Americans do fall into the description I laid out that it's a reasonable assumption that many of those who couldn't want do.
    You made the statement. So you are guessing they fell into that category with no kind of proof, or even an educated guess.

  2. #42
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: Florida's Long Lines On Election Day Discouraged 49,000 People From Voting: Repor

    Quote Originally Posted by Mason66 View Post
    I said sounds to me. That was my opinion.

    You posted like you had information that we don't.
    You aren't going to win an argument with my by splitting hairs like that, sorry.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  3. #43
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: Florida's Long Lines On Election Day Discouraged 49,000 People From Voting: Repor

    Quote Originally Posted by Mason66 View Post
    You made the statement. So you are guessing they fell into that category with no kind of proof, or even an educated guess.
    My guess was a hell of a lot more educated than yours. The other difference is, I'm not the one demanding proof of why people left the line.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  4. #44
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,437

    Re: Florida's Long Lines On Election Day Discouraged 49,000 People From Voting: Repor

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    You aren't going to win an argument with my by splitting hairs like that, sorry.
    I am not trying to win an argument.

    If you are going to chose between people being lazy and not having time to stand in line for whatever reason and you are talking about Americans, I will go with lazy.

    The bottom line is that it wasn't important enough for these people to make arrangments to vote. That is on them.

  5. #45
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Florida's Long Lines On Election Day Discouraged 49,000 People From Voting: Repor

    It's basic, if Floridians don't want to stand in line election after election, they can change their voting laws to mirror the systems that work in other states to prevent that necessity. However, this sitting around complaining for a short period before and after elections AND absolute inactivity on the issue at the times they could be fixing the issue, exposes them to charges of laziness and apathy.

    Complaining about something that can be fixed with a little effort, and time and again are left unaddressed instead, is the very definition of laziness. At the very least it's one of those "made your own bed" sort of things.

    The same is true nationally. Every election we rail on about voter fraud. Then the election season concludes and we seeminly forget about it until the next election. The time to address these issues is not right before, during or right after an election, but during the off-season.

  6. #46
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: Florida's Long Lines On Election Day Discouraged 49,000 People From Voting: Repor

    Quote Originally Posted by Mason66 View Post
    If you are going to chose between people being lazy and not having time to stand in line for whatever reason and you are talking about Americans, I will go with lazy.
    How can you say that, given how many Americans live paycheck to paycheck?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mason66 View Post
    The bottom line is that it wasn't important enough for these people to make arrangments to vote. That is on them.
    No, the bottom line is that we continue, year after year, to have issues when it comes to holding elections and taking a census. We shouldn't be having the kinds of issues we do to begin with.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  7. #47
    Anti political parties
    FreedomFromAll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    New Mexico USA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,040

    Re: Florida's Long Lines On Election Day Discouraged 49,000 People From Voting: Repor

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    Whenever a topic like this comes up, I find myself wondering how many people who espouse the above sentiments also espouse the following:

    1. America is the greatest nation on Earth.
    2. America is a beacon of freedom to the oppressed peoples of the Earth.
    3. The Supreme Court shouldn't take into account the decisions of foreign courts when looking for precedents upon which to base their decisions.


    The fact is, a lot of Americans are working crap jobs for asshole bosses and making **** wages, living paycheck to paycheck. A long line is going to discourage them from voting.

    Are there other options? Of course. Do we do a good job of making sure people are aware of them and encouraging them to do so? I'd say this is proof that we don't.

    It never ceases to amaze me that, despite our largesse, technology and know-how, we continue to struggle when it comes time to cast a ballot or take a census.
    If a voter is to stupid to figure out how to vote perhaps we really did not need them to vote? In the US the prerequisite to voting is that you have to be a adult. And adults can figure out things in this adult world.

  8. #48
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: Florida's Long Lines On Election Day Discouraged 49,000 People From Voting: Repor

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    It's basic, if Floridians don't want to stand in line election after election, they can change their voting laws to mirror the systems that work in other states to prevent that necessity. However, this sitting around complaining for a short period before and after elections AND absolute inactivity on the issue at the times they could be fixing the issue, exposes them to charges of laziness and apathy.
    I wasn't aware that the average person could in fact fix the issue. I thought that was in the hands of the politicians -- the ones who most benefit from election irregularities.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  9. #49
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: Florida's Long Lines On Election Day Discouraged 49,000 People From Voting: Repor

    Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFromAll View Post
    If a voter is to stupid to figure out how to vote perhaps we really did not need them to vote? In the US the prerequisite to voting is that you have to be a adult. And adults can figure out things in this adult world.
    Way to ignore everything I said.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  10. #50
    Anti political parties
    FreedomFromAll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    New Mexico USA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,040

    Re: Florida's Long Lines On Election Day Discouraged 49,000 People From Voting: Repor

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    Way to ignore everything I said.
    Good dodge

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •