Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 87

Thread: Washington State Pushes Electric Cars, Then Taxes Owners

  1. #61
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,124

    Re: Washington State Pushes Electric Cars, Then Taxes Owners

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    As I explained, you are using a usage argument which has to be based on not only what they are using but how often they are using it. It works on the same principle as doctor office visits. You could have one individual that is always wondering if someone is wrong with them and goes every other week and another that goes once a year while charging them both $100. Charging the former $100 and the later $100 for the entire year makes no sense as the usage of the services provided are different and therefore call for the charges of the individuals to be different for the year in total. If the former went lets say 30 times in the year and the later only went once that would mean the former got charged $100 while the later got charged $100 even if the former used the service 29 more times.

    Your argument makes no sense.
    actually, yours does not

    we do not incur a vehicle license fee based on mileage driven or hours on the road or based on the damage the vehicle perpetrates on the roadways. a flat rate is imposed. and relative to electric vehicles, that flat rate is approximately one-half what the vehicle owners would incur if they were driving gasoline/diesel autos
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  2. #62
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,124

    Re: Washington State Pushes Electric Cars, Then Taxes Owners

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    By that logic, people who use public transportation should be charged a fee as well.
    and is a portion of their passage fee not being used for that purpose?
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  3. #63
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,124

    Re: Washington State Pushes Electric Cars, Then Taxes Owners

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Well, the disconnect that I think you're having, is that it isn't right to encourage people to purchase a product, based on avoiding paying taxes, then turn around and slap them with a fee that they weren't aware of prior to the purchase.

    If a private company did something like this, you would be screaming for CEO heads on poles in front of the state house.
    adjustments to tax incentives happen all the time
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  4. #64
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,219

    Re: Washington State Pushes Electric Cars, Then Taxes Owners

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    and is a portion of their passage fee not being used for that purpose?
    That would mean that public transportation administrations operate at a profit. We all know that don't happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #65
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,124

    Re: Washington State Pushes Electric Cars, Then Taxes Owners

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    That would mean that public transportation administrations operate at a profit. We all know that don't happen.
    please explain why that means public transportation operates at a profit
    you're just making **** up now
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  6. #66
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,219

    Re: Washington State Pushes Electric Cars, Then Taxes Owners

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    please explain why that means public transportation operates at a profit
    you're just making **** up now
    And, you're not making sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #67
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,124

    Re: Washington State Pushes Electric Cars, Then Taxes Owners

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    And, you're not making sense.
    then you should be in familiar territory

    when i posted that there was nothing preventing transit fees from being allocated in some portion to the maintenance and construction of the roadways, you responded that would be proof that the transit system operated at a profit
    when i asked for you to elaborate on such a boneheaded conclusion you then insisted i am the one not making sense

    in short, you are deflecting

    but prove me wrong and explain for us how the allocation of public transportation fees for roadway expenses constitutes proof that the public transportation system operates at a profit
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  8. #68
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,219

    Re: Washington State Pushes Electric Cars, Then Taxes Owners

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    then you should be in familiar territory

    when i posted that there was nothing preventing transit fees from being allocated in some portion to the maintenance and construction of the roadways, you responded that would be proof that the transit system operated at a profit
    when i asked for you to elaborate on such a boneheaded conclusion you then insisted i am the one not making sense

    in short, you are deflecting

    but prove me wrong and explain for us how the allocation of public transportation fees for roadway expenses constitutes proof that the public transportation system operates at a profit
    A government entity that operates at a profit? Right!
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  9. #69
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,600

    Re: Washington State Pushes Electric Cars, Then Taxes Owners

    Quote Originally Posted by iliveonramen View Post
    No...neither do individual that pay gasoline tax.

    If you pay gasoline tax or fee for service you're already paying a portion of the cost to maintain roads. If you aren't paying a fee for service or a gasoline tax you're driving on roads that you didn't help maintain.

    I don't see how the two are connected beyond the fact that they are both paying to matain roads.
    And this is the point Bubba dodged. If your logic for the tax is that combustible engine operators pay their use fee in gas taxes therefore electric car users should be charged a use fee then it only stands to reason that every public transportation user should be hit with a user fee. And every bicycle rider. And every pedestrian. Of course...the electric car users ARE paying taxes for their electricity they use to charge their cars, but I guess that doesn't count. So...an added tax for EVERYONE would be appropriate, correct?

  10. #70
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,124

    Re: Washington State Pushes Electric Cars, Then Taxes Owners

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    A government entity that operates at a profit? Right!
    so which of your contradictory statements is the lie
    where you said the public transportation system would be operating at a profit
    or where it cannot be profitable because it is a government operated enterprise

    curious debating style, taking both positions simultaneously
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •