Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 130

Thread: Journalists’ Addresses Posted In Revenge For Newspaper’s Google Map Of Gun Permit Own

  1. #81
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,514

    Re: Journalists’ Addresses Posted In Revenge For Newspaper’s Google Map Of Gun Permit

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    What are you going to do? Please enlighten me, rage rage rage online but besides that then what?
    Didn't you swear an oath to, "defend the Constitution from enemies foreign and domestic"?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #82
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Journalists’ Addresses Posted In Revenge For Newspaper’s Google Map Of Gun Permit

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    I don't know why they did it, or what the thought process was and I don't claim to know because besides their statement we have nothing to go on.
    If they claimed it was for the benefit of people uncomfortable with firearms around them, there is only one way to take it. They don't respect the second and this was a middle finger to owners.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  3. #83
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,714

    Re: Journalists’ Addresses Posted In Revenge For Newspaper’s Google Map Of Gun Permit

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    Any senator who uses forcibly confiscate should be forcibly removed from office, brought to trial, and if convicted on perjury forcibly thrown behind bars.
    I guess there ARE people that are totally on board with the violation of the 2nd by authorizing a massive violation of the 4th. Personally...I find it repugnant and not a little bit chilling so many people are willing to allow...no...not allow...are ENTHUSED...by the government violating the hell out of peoples rights. As long as its rights they dont like. Because after all...how could THAT ever backfire...

  4. #84
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: Journalists’ Addresses Posted In Revenge For Newspaper’s Google Map Of Gun Permit

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Didn't you swear an oath to, "defend the Constitution from enemies foreign and domestic"?
    Doesn't mean your opinion on that document.

  5. #85
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: Journalists’ Addresses Posted In Revenge For Newspaper’s Google Map Of Gun Permit

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    Any senator who uses forcibly confiscate should be forcibly removed from office, brought to trial, and if convicted on perjury forcibly thrown behind bars.
    So long as you follow him for breaking his 1st amendment rights.

    Whats that? Yes you can in fact, even as a public official, call for things not in or even against the Constitution and its protected in that same document. The SCOTUS determines what is constitutional or not and until its determined not to be Constitution by the SCOTUS or a lower court then its assume to be.

  6. #86
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,714

    Re: Journalists’ Addresses Posted In Revenge For Newspaper’s Google Map Of Gun Permit

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    Firstly, you assume they are motivated by a desire to over turn the 2nd amendment or to further restrict gun rights. I haven't seen anything pointing towards that as a motivation, do you have any?

    Secondly, if you believe that the reporters intentionally put people's lives at risk(again not proven it was intentional) and believe that doing the same in turn in fair play, that is ENCOURAGING VIOLENCE. You are making it easier for them to be the victims of violence just as they made it easier for gun owners and non gun owners to be the victims of violence. That is encouragement, or hell call it whatever you like but that's what you're doing or at least what you are supporting.

    You have no morale grounds whatsoever to stand on, and you're just as bad as they are. Just because you believe in your politics doesn't justify doing something that's wrong, its wrong either way. Having a strong belief alone is not justification enough, because on the flip side of the coin is just as strong of a belief that's perhaps opposite of your own. So what is your argument, that its OK to encourage violence against people who have different political opinions?
    Yeah...I think we can find a little bit of evidence of that...

    Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., said that she and other gun control advocates are considering a law that would create a program to purchase weapons from gun owners, a proposal that could be compulsory.

    “We are also looking at a buy-back program,” Feinstein said today in a press conference. “Now, again, this is a work in progress so these are ideas in the development.”
    Error | C-SPAN
    Assault Weapons - Issues - United States Senator Dianne Feinstein



    In the interview, Mr. Cuomo did not offer specifics about the measures he might propose, but, while discussing assault weapons, he said: “Confiscation could be an option. Mandatory sale to the state could be an option. Permitting could be an option — keep your gun but permit it.”
    http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/21/ny...nth.html?_r=1&

    Keep your 'morals'...I will stand more on the Constitution and rights contained therein. And when it comes to a 'fight', I dont believe in fighting fair. I believe in winning. but lets not lose sight of the facts. It is the side you are defending and embracing that has announced their intention to abandon constitutional rights and demonstrated exactly how they intend to fight this fight. Its laughable that you think responding in kind is immoral.

  7. #87
    Sage
    UtahBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,687

    Re: Journalists’ Addresses Posted In Revenge For Newspaper’s Google Map Of Gun Permit

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    I am not worried that a permit holder would go shoot a journalist

    I am worried that a robber who specializes in violent home invasions will target someone who has weapons knowing they have weapons and maybe shooting them in the back when they open their door or shoot them as they walk out their door

    one of the reasons to carry concealed is to surprise a robber

    its sort of like my late great uncle used to do-he commanded a merchant marine fleet running stuff to the Russians. the german u boats often surfaced to get a better shot figuring merchant marine fleets didn't have escorts early in the war. so the good captain had a couple freighters with false sides that concealed a bunch of 20MM or Double Fifty HMG. the sub came up and the 20MM gunners cut it in half

    now if the Nazis knew that one of the ships was a gunboat they would have torpedoed it in the middle of the night from a distance
    cut a sub in half? with WWII era 20MM?
    Oracle of Utah
    Truth rings hollow in empty heads.

  8. #88
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Journalists’ Addresses Posted In Revenge For Newspaper’s Google Map Of Gun Permit

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    So long as you follow him for breaking his 1st amendment rights.

    Whats that? Yes you can in fact, even as a public official, call for things not in or even against the Constitution and its protected in that same document. The SCOTUS determines what is constitutional or not and until its determined not to be Constitution by the SCOTUS or a lower court then its assume to be.
    You do realize that the first amendent doesn't cover violating a right to privacy yes?
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  9. #89
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Journalists’ Addresses Posted In Revenge For Newspaper’s Google Map Of Gun Permit

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    I guess there ARE people that are totally on board with the violation of the 2nd by authorizing a massive violation of the 4th. Personally...I find it repugnant and not a little bit chilling so many people are willing to allow...no...not allow...are ENTHUSED...by the government violating the hell out of peoples rights. As long as its rights they dont like. Because after all...how could THAT ever backfire...
    Wait till something they value comes under attack.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  10. #90
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: Journalists’ Addresses Posted In Revenge For Newspaper’s Google Map Of Gun Permit

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Yeah...I think we can find a little bit of evidence of that...

    Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., said that she and other gun control advocates are considering a law that would create a program to purchase weapons from gun owners, a proposal that could be compulsory.

    “We are also looking at a buy-back program,” Feinstein said today in a press conference. “Now, again, this is a work in progress so these are ideas in the development.”
    Error | C-SPAN
    Assault Weapons - Issues - United States Senator Dianne Feinstein



    In the interview, Mr. Cuomo did not offer specifics about the measures he might propose, but, while discussing assault weapons, he said: “Confiscation could be an option. Mandatory sale to the state could be an option. Permitting could be an option — keep your gun but permit it.”
    http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/21/ny...nth.html?_r=1&

    Keep your 'morals'...I will stand more on the Constitution and rights contained therein. And when it comes to a 'fight', I dont believe in fighting fair. I believe in winning. but lets not lose sight of the facts. It is the side you are defending and embracing that has announced their intention to abandon constitutional rights and demonstrated exactly how they intend to fight this fight. Its laughable that you think responding in kind is immoral.
    Are we still talking about the reporters? Seems like we've radically left the topic. But either way I don't support the ideas these people have, and I don't support what the reporters did when they created and published this map, but I don't support your response either of encouraging violence.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •