Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 130

Thread: Journalists’ Addresses Posted In Revenge For Newspaper’s Google Map Of Gun Permit Own

  1. #71
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Journalists’ Addresses Posted In Revenge For Newspaper’s Google Map Of Gun Permit

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    You haven't demonstrated that at all.
    If they had the permit it was to have a firearm, they wouldn't need the permit if they didn't want to own the firearm. So yes.........those people posted in the paper article were choosing to exercise their rights and that's WHY the paper published their information.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  2. #72
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: Journalists’ Addresses Posted In Revenge For Newspaper’s Google Map Of Gun Permit

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    If they had the permit it was to have a firearm, they wouldn't need the permit if they didn't want to own the firearm. So yes.........those people posted in the paper article were choosing to exercise their rights and that's WHY the paper published their information.
    Simply stating it twice doesn't make it true. You don't know why the paper published that information, perhaps they have an anti-gun agenda, its not out of the realm of possible but just because it could be that doesnt mean it is absolutely that. You just really really want it to be that, which is why you don't care about having any facts to back up your opinion, because it fits into your rhetoric of victimhood.

  3. #73
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Journalists’ Addresses Posted In Revenge For Newspaper’s Google Map Of Gun Permit

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    Simply stating it twice doesn't make it true. You don't know why the paper published that information, perhaps they have an anti-gun agenda, its not out of the realm of possible but just because it could be that doesnt mean it is absolutely that. You just really really want it to be that, which is why you don't care about having any facts to back up your opinion, because it fits into your rhetoric of victimhood.
    How about you disprove the papers intent then. What other possible reason would they have to publish that information except to embarrass people who own firearms?
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  4. #74
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: Journalists’ Addresses Posted In Revenge For Newspaper’s Google Map Of Gun Permit

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    How about you disprove the papers intent then. What other possible reason would they have to publish that information except to embarrass people who own firearms?
    You want me to prove a negative? Maybe they just thought it was an interesting piece that would garner readers to their paper, it may be something that simple, we don't know either way at this point.

    Either way, do you agree that's acceptable to put them in danger just as they did with everyone in those counties they mapped?

  5. #75
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Journalists’ Addresses Posted In Revenge For Newspaper’s Google Map Of Gun Permit

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    You want me to prove a negative? Maybe they just thought it was an interesting piece that would garner readers to their paper, it may be something that simple, we don't know either way at this point.

    Either way, do you agree that's acceptable to put them in danger just as they did with everyone in those counties they mapped?
    You keep saying we haven't proven it was political, you say there is no proof. The paper's staff justified it by saying they wanted to "inform people who may be uncomfortable that their neighbors might have a gun". Don't know how else that is to be taken, do you?
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  6. #76
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: Journalists’ Addresses Posted In Revenge For Newspaper’s Google Map Of Gun Permit

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    You keep saying we haven't proven it was political, you say there is no proof. The paper's staff justified it by saying they wanted to "inform people who may be uncomfortable that their neighbors might have a gun". Don't know how else that is to be taken, do you?
    It could mean "We think people want to see this so we'll show it to them to up the cost of our advertising space"

  7. #77
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Journalists’ Addresses Posted In Revenge For Newspaper’s Google Map Of Gun Permit

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    It could mean "We think people want to see this so we'll show it to them to up the cost of our advertising space"
    Now you are reaching.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  8. #78
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,282

    Re: Journalists’ Addresses Posted In Revenge For Newspaper’s Google Map Of Gun Permit

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    You want me to prove a negative? Maybe they just thought it was an interesting piece that would garner readers to their paper, it may be something that simple, we don't know either way at this point.

    Either way, do you agree that's acceptable to put them in danger just as they did with everyone in those counties they mapped?
    Anyone who tramples our civil rights should do so the peril of their personal safety.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  9. #79
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: Journalists’ Addresses Posted In Revenge For Newspaper’s Google Map Of Gun Permit

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    Now you are reaching.
    I don't know why they did it, or what the thought process was and I don't claim to know because besides their statement we have nothing to go on.

  10. #80
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: Journalists’ Addresses Posted In Revenge For Newspaper’s Google Map Of Gun Permit

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Anyone who tramples our civil rights should do so the peril of their personal safety.
    What are you going to do? Please enlighten me, rage rage rage online but besides that then what?

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •