Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 130

Thread: Journalists’ Addresses Posted In Revenge For Newspaper’s Google Map Of Gun Permit Own

  1. #61
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,937

    Re: Journalists’ Addresses Posted In Revenge For Newspaper’s Google Map Of Gun Permit

    I don't really agree with this guys actions and don't feel it's the right way to react to this. While I don't have any real sympathy for any of those at the outlet who had anything to do with the original "Story", there are a number of people that work there that have NOTHING to do with that story and are yet still posted up there. I felt the posting of gun permit holders info simply because they have a permit was wrong...and I think posting of employees of that outlets info simply because they're a part of that outlet is ALSO wrong. While the coincidental humor of the karmatic notion of their own tactics coming back to bite them in terms of those that actually had a hand in the story, overall I have issues with it.

    Now, with that said...I am LESS bothered by this than the first case because I find the response to be more reasonable (while still being unreasonable) than the initial story.

  2. #62
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,937

    Re: Journalists’ Addresses Posted In Revenge For Newspaper’s Google Map Of Gun Permit

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Then we disagree. Those that intentionally endangered firearm owners did so for cause and they will not stop. I dont think it makes a whole lot of sense hunting them down and beating the **** out of them but I DO think when you recognize you are at war (and make no mistake...this IS a war-Dianne Fienstein, Sen Schumer, this paper...they have very clearly announced their intention and that is the very definite and intentional attack of peoples 1,2, and 4th amendment rights) a very solid first return volley is to demonstrate just how easily that shoe can be placed on the other foot.
    Oh for ****s sake. Calling this a "war" is as absolutely ridiculous as suggesting there's a "War on Women" or any of the other phony "War on [blank]" rally cries that have been used over the years

  3. #63
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: Journalists’ Addresses Posted In Revenge For Newspaper’s Google Map Of Gun Permit

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Then we disagree. Those that intentionally endangered firearm owners did so for cause and they will not stop. I dont think it makes a whole lot of sense hunting them down and beating the **** out of them but I DO think when you recognize you are at war (and make no mistake...this IS a war-Dianne Fienstein, Sen Schumer, this paper...they have very clearly announced their intention and that is the very definite and intentional attack of peoples 1,2, and 4th amendment rights) a very solid first return volley is to demonstrate just how easily that shoe can be placed on the other foot.
    When you speak with rhetoric like this its amazing you can't see why people are uncomfortable with people owning weapons. You can't go around talking about how there's a war on, how you want to put people in danger deliberately, how you wouldn't have a problem if that danger really did harm that person or their property, and all while using metaphors like "volley and war." You may not think it makes a whole lot of sense to hunt them down and beat them, but you have no issue with making it easier for someone who may want to. That's pretty messed up, and it doesn't speak to the responsibility the pro gun lobby gains they represent and have.

    Guns are supposed to be to protect people with right? Yet here we have their biggest campaigns encouraging violence against these people. Way to throw your message straight out the window.

  4. #64
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,600

    Re: Journalists’ Addresses Posted In Revenge For Newspaper’s Google Map Of Gun Permit

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Oh for ****s sake. Calling this a "war" is as absolutely ridiculous as suggesting there's a "War on Women" or any of the other phony "War on [blank]" rally cries that have been used over the years
    Are you a gun owner? Have you heard the rhetoric leveled at gun owners (the incredibly vast majority of which are law abiding citizens) in the last two weeks and seen the stated intent of several senators? Which constitutional rights do you value and which would you fight to defend? Sorry...when senators start using the words forcibly confiscate...you have a problem.

  5. #65
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,600

    Re: Journalists’ Addresses Posted In Revenge For Newspaper’s Google Map Of Gun Permit

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    When you speak with rhetoric like this its amazing you can't see why people are uncomfortable with people owning weapons. You can't go around talking about how there's a war on, how you want to put people in danger deliberately, how you wouldn't have a problem if that danger really did harm that person or their property, and all while using metaphors like "volley and war." You may not think it makes a whole lot of sense to hunt them down and beat them, but you have no issue with making it easier for someone who may want to. That's pretty messed up, and it doesn't speak to the responsibility the pro gun lobby gains they represent and have.

    Guns are supposed to be to protect people with right? Yet here we have their biggest campaigns encouraging violence against these people. Way to throw your message straight out the window.
    No one encouraged violence...quite the opposite. i in facts STATED beating the **** out of them was inappropriate. If the journalists intentionally put peoples lives at risk (as you yourself claim) and they have a very clear purpose, then a response in kind is MORE than fair. Its comical that you literally believe they should be able to say "hey...dont do that...that might put me in jeopardy" when that is precisely what THEY have done. Turnabout is CERTAINLY fair play.

  6. #66
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: Journalists’ Addresses Posted In Revenge For Newspaper’s Google Map Of Gun Permit

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    No one encouraged violence...quite the opposite. i in facts STATED beating the **** out of them was inappropriate. If the journalists intentionally put peoples lives at risk (as you yourself claim) and they have a very clear purpose, then a response in kind is MORE than fair. Its comical that you literally believe they should be able to say "hey...dont do that...that might put me in jeopardy" when that is precisely what THEY have done. Turnabout is CERTAINLY fair play.
    Firstly, you assume they are motivated by a desire to over turn the 2nd amendment or to further restrict gun rights. I haven't seen anything pointing towards that as a motivation, do you have any?

    Secondly, if you believe that the reporters intentionally put people's lives at risk(again not proven it was intentional) and believe that doing the same in turn in fair play, that is ENCOURAGING VIOLENCE. You are making it easier for them to be the victims of violence just as they made it easier for gun owners and non gun owners to be the victims of violence. That is encouragement, or hell call it whatever you like but that's what you're doing or at least what you are supporting.

    You have no morale grounds whatsoever to stand on, and you're just as bad as they are. Just because you believe in your politics doesn't justify doing something that's wrong, its wrong either way. Having a strong belief alone is not justification enough, because on the flip side of the coin is just as strong of a belief that's perhaps opposite of your own. So what is your argument, that its OK to encourage violence against people who have different political opinions?

  7. #67
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Journalists’ Addresses Posted In Revenge For Newspaper’s Google Map Of Gun Permit

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Are you a gun owner? Have you heard the rhetoric leveled at gun owners (the incredibly vast majority of which are law abiding citizens) in the last two weeks and seen the stated intent of several senators? Which constitutional rights do you value and which would you fight to defend? Sorry...when senators start using the words forcibly confiscate...you have a problem.
    Any senator who uses forcibly confiscate should be forcibly removed from office, brought to trial, and if convicted on perjury forcibly thrown behind bars.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  8. #68
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Journalists’ Addresses Posted In Revenge For Newspaper’s Google Map Of Gun Permit

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    Firstly, you assume they are motivated by a desire to over turn the 2nd amendment or to further restrict gun rights. I haven't seen anything pointing towards that as a motivation, do you have any?

    Secondly, if you believe that the reporters intentionally put people's lives at risk(again not proven it was intentional) and believe that doing the same in turn in fair play, that is ENCOURAGING VIOLENCE. You are making it easier for them to be the victims of violence just as they made it easier for gun owners and non gun owners to be the victims of violence. That is encouragement, or hell call it whatever you like but that's what you're doing or at least what you are supporting.

    You have no morale grounds whatsoever to stand on, and you're just as bad as they are. Just because you believe in your politics doesn't justify doing something that's wrong, its wrong either way. Having a strong belief alone is not justification enough, because on the flip side of the coin is just as strong of a belief that's perhaps opposite of your own. So what is your argument, that its OK to encourage violence against people who have different political opinions?
    Why else would the newspaper print the identities of people who did nothing but arm themselves. Even sex offenders when posted have to do so on their own because of legal requirements, so basically the paper took it upon themselves to print people's identities for no illegal behavior against their consent with NO compelling interest to the community, just because they dared to exercise their rights.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  9. #69
    Sage
    Fisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-06-13 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    17,002

    Re: Journalists’ Addresses Posted In Revenge For Newspaper’s Google Map Of Gun Permit

    With as much money as the press makes off sitting outside people's homes and works and harassing them and their families, I really cannot draw a line anywhere here in favor of them. Has nothing to do with the issue du jour.

  10. #70
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: Journalists’ Addresses Posted In Revenge For Newspaper’s Google Map Of Gun Permit

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    Why else would the newspaper print the identities of people who did nothing but arm themselves. Even sex offenders when posted have to do so on their own because of legal requirements, so basically the paper took it upon themselves to print people's identities for no illegal behavior against their consent with NO compelling interest to the community, just because they dared to exercise their rights.
    You haven't demonstrated that at all.

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •