Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 130

Thread: Journalists’ Addresses Posted In Revenge For Newspaper’s Google Map Of Gun Permit Own

  1. #31
    Jedi Master
    Captain America's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,671

    Re: Journalists’ Addresses Posted In Revenge For Newspaper’s Google Map Of Gun Permit

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    I disagree. some gun hungry robber might well target say a single woman with a gun permit

    paybacks are bitch and sometimes well deserved

    this is one of them
    Hell yeah. Screw those media bullies. I have no sympathy for whatever grief they get. I applaud this tooth for a tooth.

    It's GREAT to be me. --- "45% liberal/55% conservative"
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy" until you can find a gun.

  2. #32
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: Journalists’ Addresses Posted In Revenge For Newspaper’s Google Map Of Gun Permit

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    Do unto others as you would have others do to you. Those journalists got done to them what they did to people merely exercising their constitutional rights.
    Them doing it first doesn't justify you doing it second.

  3. #33
    Jedi Master
    Captain America's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,671

    Re: Journalists’ Addresses Posted In Revenge For Newspaper’s Google Map Of Gun Permit

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    Them doing it first doesn't justify you doing it second.
    To hell if it doesn't. I am not one to be held down on the playground while the bully bloody's my nose. Bullies get what they deserve.

    It's GREAT to be me. --- "45% liberal/55% conservative"
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy" until you can find a gun.

  4. #34
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,067

    Re: Journalists’ Addresses Posted In Revenge For Newspaper’s Google Map Of Gun Permit

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    Them doing it first doesn't justify you doing it second.
    Yes it does.Without the payback these journalists would assume that they have nothing to fear by posting the names of permit holders. So as long as anti-2nd amendment douches in the media know that someone not only can but will return the favor they will be less likely to pull the same stunt again.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  5. #35
    Sage
    Lutherf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,665

    Re: Journalists’ Addresses Posted In Revenge For Newspaper’s Google Map Of Gun Permit

    Quote Originally Posted by Juiposa View Post
    Responding to childish bull by partaking in childish bull. Instead of being the better person, right?

    And its not like the gun permit owners were at any risk, other than having their privacy violated; the staff of the Journal ARE at risk to having direct revenge taken upon them. Good idea in jeopardising the safety of tonnes of people many people are apparently angry with.

    The man who posted this information is as much and idiot at deserves are much scrutiny as those that posted the gun-permit owners' information.
    Not like gun owners are at risk?

    Try this on for size....let's say that one or two of those permit holders were abused women who purchased a gun to protect themselves from a violent ex spouse. Now that information, including the address, is out there for all to see. Still think it was just a childish goof?

  6. #36
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: Journalists’ Addresses Posted In Revenge For Newspaper’s Google Map Of Gun Permit

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    Yes it does.Without the payback these journalists would assume that they have nothing to fear by posting the names of permit holders. So as long as anti-2nd amendment douches in the media know that someone not only can but will return the favor they will be less likely to pull the same stunt again.
    Do you want people to fear permit holders? Isn't that exactly the opposite of why you think people should be allowed to carry, so that they don't have to fear? If you believe this story endangered gun owners, does that make it OK to endanger the person who wrote it? No it doesn't.

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    To hell if it doesn't. I am not one to be held down on the playground while the bully bloody's my nose. Bullies get what they deserve.
    Are we on a playground? I get your analogy but if you're going to hold up a standard of privacy and individual rights, and call this move by these reporters a violation of that, you can't violate that standard just because someone else didn't live up to it. Otherwise you're just being selective and its not a standard. If you're being punched by the bully on the ground, you're allowed to hit him back because you're trying to defend yourself not simply because he did it first and so that gives the right to be an asshole as well.

  7. #37
    Jedi Master
    Captain America's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,671

    Re: Journalists’ Addresses Posted In Revenge For Newspaper’s Google Map Of Gun Permit

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    Do you want people to fear permit holders? Isn't that exactly the opposite of why you think people should be allowed to carry, so that they don't have to fear? If you believe this story endangered gun owners, does that make it OK to endanger the person who wrote it? No it doesn't.



    Are we on a playground? I get your analogy but if you're going to hold up a standard of privacy and individual rights, and call this move by these reporters a violation of that, you can't violate that standard just because someone else didn't live up to it. Otherwise you're just being selective and its not a standard. If you're being punched by the bully on the ground, you're allowed to hit him back because you're trying to defend yourself not simply because he did it first and so that gives the right to be an asshole as well.
    I get your point. The ol', "two wrongs don't make a right," approach. I suppose it has some validity.

    However, that being said, screw 'em. I still hate bullies. Always have. I hope the newspaper people who have been exposed, just as the registered gun owners have been exposed, suffer the same harassment they have put upon these people who are TRYING to be law abiding citizens.

    I was a big kid. Bullies usually didn't mess with me. Not more than once, anyhow. I bully bullies. Call me an asshole. I don't care. I intend on bullying bullies until I can't bully them any more.

    It's GREAT to be me. --- "45% liberal/55% conservative"
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy" until you can find a gun.

  8. #38
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,686

    Journalists’ Addresses Posted In Revenge For Newspaper’s Google Map Of Gun Permit Own

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    Them doing it first doesn't justify you doing it second.
    Your "eye for an eye" argument is wrong for a lot of reasons but primarily because the aggressor is not satisfied with an eye and you would have to be the worst kind of fool to allow an aggressor to attack without response.

  9. #39
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,067

    Re: Journalists’ Addresses Posted In Revenge For Newspaper’s Google Map Of Gun Permit

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    Do you want people to fear permit holders?
    The intent of those so called journalists was to ostracize or demonize people for merely exercising their 2nd amendment rights. Not to make them fear permit holders.If anything the story provided criminals a map of homes whose occupants are not armed and list of homes for criminals to case if they want to obtain weapons.


    Isn't that exactly the opposite of why you think people should be allowed to carry, so that they don't have to fear?
    Carrying a weapon for protection and providing a list for criminals are two different things.

    If you believe this story endangered gun owners, does that make it OK to endanger the person who wrote it?
    Yes it does. Sometimes the only way people are motivate to stop doing something is to have that same thing happen to them.

    No it doesn't.

    Yes it does make it right.I explained in post 34 why it makes it right.Future anti-2nd amendment loons in the media will less likely pull the same stunt again because they know that people will to return the favor to them.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  10. #40
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: Journalists’ Addresses Posted In Revenge For Newspaper’s Google Map Of Gun Permit

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Your "eye for an eye" argument is wrong for a lot of reasons but primarily because the aggressor is not satisfied with an eye and you would have to be the worst kind of fool to allow an aggressor to attack without response.
    I didn't say there shouldn't be a response, the response has to be appropriate. Jamesrage up there talking about how he wants to endanger people is not the right kind of response

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •