Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
Results 121 to 130 of 130

Thread: Journalists’ Addresses Posted In Revenge For Newspaper’s Google Map Of Gun Permit Own

  1. #121
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: Journalists’ Addresses Posted In Revenge For Newspaper’s Google Map Of Gun Permit

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Ahhhhhh...you think they were totally benign and innocent and too stupid to realize what you and apparently everyone else knows. Gotcha.
    I just don't make assumptions, and I don't use those assumptions to fill gaps not supported by facts in my political narrative.

    Also using the word intent implies their motivation for doing this was to endanger people, its possible their intent was something else and they just saw that as acceptable side affect, or they just rationalized that away because Yes I do agree there's no way they could have not seen this as a consequence for what they did. But again, just seeing as a consequence of what they did doesn't mean that it was their intent.

    For example when we nuked Japan, we killed a lot of a civilians and everyone knew we would in the process, but that wasn't our intent at all it was something we had accepted as a consequence to achieve something else. That's a bit of a weird example but it works.

  2. #122
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: Journalists’ Addresses Posted In Revenge For Newspaper’s Google Map Of Gun Permit

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    But no one is demanding that they live up o their standards.
    No one?

  3. #123
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Journalists’ Addresses Posted In Revenge For Newspaper’s Google Map Of Gun Permit

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    No one?
    Nope, if they were then creating the map would not have been a thought, biased reporting wouldn't be a thought, and outright propping up of candidates or parties wouldn't be a thought. Having a media reporting outside of their ethical responsibility is like having a referee with money on a game.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  4. #124
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: Journalists’ Addresses Posted In Revenge For Newspaper’s Google Map Of Gun Permit

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    Nope, if they were then creating the map would not have been a thought, biased reporting wouldn't be a thought, and outright propping up of candidates or parties wouldn't be a thought. Having a media reporting outside of their ethical responsibility is like having a referee with money on a game.
    O you mean people inside the media not outside? Either way, whats your point that you are driving at.

  5. #125
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Journalists’ Addresses Posted In Revenge For Newspaper’s Google Map Of Gun Permit

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    O you mean people inside the media not outside? Either way, whats your point that you are driving at.
    The people inside are the problem, people outside don't threaten to stop consuming, well....not entirely true. Paper readership is down, but that is more due to technological advances than anything. My point is that the press is there to inform us, so that we can make the best decisions with all relevant information, the press was never meant to be an agenda machine in free society.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  6. #126
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,714

    Re: Journalists’ Addresses Posted In Revenge For Newspaper’s Google Map Of Gun Permit

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    I just don't make assumptions, and I don't use those assumptions to fill gaps not supported by facts in my political narrative.

    Also using the word intent implies their motivation for doing this was to endanger people, its possible their intent was something else and they just saw that as acceptable side affect, or they just rationalized that away because Yes I do agree there's no way they could have not seen this as a consequence for what they did. But again, just seeing as a consequence of what they did doesn't mean that it was their intent.

    For example when we nuked Japan, we killed a lot of a civilians and everyone knew we would in the process, but that wasn't our intent at all it was something we had accepted as a consequence to achieve something else. That's a bit of a weird example but it works.
    Right...so...the blogger just posted it to prove a point. If journalists get hurt...well...that's just an unfortunate coincidence. No intent.

  7. #127
    Resident Martian ;)
    PirateMk1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    9,927

    Re: Journalists’ Addresses Posted In Revenge For Newspaper’s Google Map Of Gun Permit

    Quote Originally Posted by Juiposa View Post
    Responding to childish bull by partaking in childish bull. Instead of being the better person, right?

    And its not like the gun permit owners were at any risk, other than having their privacy violated; the staff of the Journal ARE at risk to having direct revenge taken upon them. Good idea in jeopardising the safety of tonnes of people many people are apparently angry with.

    The man who posted this information is as much and idiot at deserves are much scrutiny as those that posted the gun-permit owners' information.
    They earned it. As far as I am concerend they got what they had coming.
    Semper Fidelis, Semper Liber.
    I spit at lots of people through my computer screen. Not only does it "teach them a lesson" but it keeps the screen clean and shiny.
    Stolen fair and square from the Capt. Courtesey himself.

  8. #128
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: Journalists’ Addresses Posted In Revenge For Newspaper’s Google Map Of Gun Permit

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Right...so...the blogger just posted it to prove a point. If journalists get hurt...well...that's just an unfortunate coincidence. No intent.
    Coincidence of what? What is your reason for supporting the act of releasing their information, Jamesrage has flat out said he wants to endanger people, but whats your reason that this endangerment is just an unfortunate consequence of. And like when we nuked Japan, was is your actual intent that justifies endangering them?

  9. #129
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,714

    Re: Journalists’ Addresses Posted In Revenge For Newspaper’s Google Map Of Gun Permit

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    Coincidence of what? What is your reason for supporting the act of releasing their information, Jamesrage has flat out said he wants to endanger people, but whats your reason that this endangerment is just an unfortunate consequence of. And like when we nuked Japan, was is your actual intent that justifies endangering them?
    Simple. I think we both agree that what the paper did was stupid...a very bad idea. I think the blogger response reinforced that notion and made it far less likely the paper would do something that stupid ever again. Its punching the bully BACK right in the mouth. It will make the bully stop and reassess.

  10. #130
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: Journalists’ Addresses Posted In Revenge For Newspaper’s Google Map Of Gun Permit

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Simple. I think we both agree that what the paper did was stupid...a very bad idea. I think the blogger response reinforced that notion and made it far less likely the paper would do something that stupid ever again. Its punching the bully BACK right in the mouth. It will make the bully stop and reassess.
    So to make the paper, and I suppose the rest of the media too, less likely to do something that stupid again you reinforced that notion by publishing their names and addresses. But how does that deter their actions at all? Well obviously because it endangers them, or at the very least makes them a target, or lets someone who wishes to target them have an easier time at it. So your intent is to deter, and the way you deter is by endanger them, making them a target, or letting someone who wants to target them have an easier time of it.

    This is not endangerment as a secondary outcome of your intent, endangerment here is the means of achieving the intent because without that endangerment your action, publishing their names, has no affect at all.

    But either way, you knew full well that publishing their information would endanger them so what was the intent that justified that as either a means or secondary outcome.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •