Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22

Thread: Formal Reprimand Issued To Flatulent Federal Worker

  1. #1
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Formal Reprimand Issued To Flatulent Federal Worker

    Do you agree with this reprimand, can the workplace discipline someone for performing a natural body function. Can or should their be limits on the amount of times one can fart in the workplace before being disciplined or should we take the libertarian view and demand that everyone has the right to fart anywhere and anytime they choose without any govt intervention, essentially allowing unrestrained free farting. or
    The liberal progressive point of view that its a civil right to fart wherever one chooses and everyone has the right to fart as much as anyone else...or
    Take the teaparty point of view and say if you fart around me again asshole im going to blow your brains out.


    --A federal employee was formally reprimanded this month for excessive workplace flatulence, a sanction that was delivered to him in a five-page letter that actually included a log of representative dates and times when he was recorded “releasing the awful and unpleasant odor” in his Baltimore office.

    Formal Reprimand Issued To Flatulent Federal Worker | The Smoking Gun

  2. #2
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,567

    Re: Formal Reprimand Issued To Flatulent Federal Worker

    I'm willing to bet that he wasn't quiet and embarassed about it, he was probably screwing around and farting at inopportune times and laughing. Even if he wasn't, if it's an ongoing problem and it disturbs the workplace, then they have a right to do something about it.

    Either way he needs to see a doctor about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

  3. #3
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: Formal Reprimand Issued To Flatulent Federal Worker

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    I'm willing to bet that he wasn't quiet and embarassed about it, he was probably screwing around and farting at inopportune times and laughing. Even if he wasn't, if it's an ongoing problem and it disturbs the workplace, then they have a right to do something about it.

    Either way he needs to see a doctor about it.

    He supplied a doctors note...they said it wasnt acceptable

  4. #4
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,567

    Re: Formal Reprimand Issued To Flatulent Federal Worker

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    He supplied a doctors note...they said it wasnt acceptable
    Hrm... That only slightly makes this horse of a different color. It is a medical condition, but it is disturbing the workplace. If he had a severe case of tourettes where he yelled out at the top of his lungs every 30 seconds in an office environment, could people concentrate and do their work?

    I feel sympathy for him, I do. But an employer does have a right ~within reason~ to expect a disturbance free work place.
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

  5. #5
    Sage
    UtahBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,687

    Re: Formal Reprimand Issued To Flatulent Federal Worker

    he was recorded? then he was forcing them out for the sound effects.....
    At my last job, the guy in the next cubicle used to do that, but there was never an odor problem, just the noises. Maybe the ventilation system needs to be enhanced?
    Oracle of Utah
    Truth rings hollow in empty heads.

  6. #6
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: Formal Reprimand Issued To Flatulent Federal Worker

    BTW I wasnt supporting this guy...it struck me funny to be honest...I thought how would it be to be in a patrol car a 12 hr shift with your partner power fartin....we do wear guns

  7. #7
    Sage
    Lord of Planar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portlandia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,239

    Re: Formal Reprimand Issued To Flatulent Federal Worker

    Well, it's likely either diet or a correctable medical condition. I agree, his coworkers have a reasonable complaint.

    I'm not trying to be mean, but considering the size of him and his wife, I'm going to suggest its a diet related issue. They seem not to take care of themselves very well.

  8. #8
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Formal Reprimand Issued To Flatulent Federal Worker

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    Do you agree with this reprimand, can the workplace discipline someone for performing a natural body function. Can or should their be limits on the amount of times one can fart in the workplace before being disciplined or should we take the libertarian view and demand that everyone has the right to fart anywhere and anytime they choose without any govt intervention, essentially allowing unrestrained free farting. or
    The liberal progressive point of view that its a civil right to fart wherever one chooses and everyone has the right to fart as much as anyone else...or
    Take the teaparty point of view and say if you fart around me again asshole im going to blow your brains out.

    --A federal employee was formally reprimanded this month for excessive workplace flatulence, a sanction that was delivered to him in a five-page letter that actually included a log of representative dates and times when he was recorded “releasing the awful and unpleasant odor” in his Baltimore office.

    Formal Reprimand Issued To Flatulent Federal Worker | The Smoking Gun
    It is normal for a person to pass gas 14 to 23 times a day. Irritable bowel syndrome is a common cause of passing abnormal amounts of gas well beyond that. It can also be the result of improper absorption of carbohydrates. Assuming the guy wasn't being a jerk, he could very well have a medical condition that's going to make that Federal agency responsible for some disability payments.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  9. #9
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: Formal Reprimand Issued To Flatulent Federal Worker

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    It is normal for a person to pass gas 14 to 23 times a day. Irritable bowel syndrome is a common cause of passing abnormal amounts of gas well beyond that. It can also be the result of improper absorption of carbohydrates. Assuming the guy wasn't being a jerk, he could very well have a medical condition that's going to make that Federal agency responsible for some disability payments.
    I think I would rather not sit anywhere near him medical condition or not lol

  10. #10
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Formal Reprimand Issued To Flatulent Federal Worker


Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •