Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 126

Thread: NRA's Newtown solution: Armed guards in schools

  1. #41
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: NRA's Newtown solution: Armed guards in schools

    Quote Originally Posted by Higgins86 View Post
    You ever heard of Dunblane

    Dunblane school massacre - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    The UK's reponse was to restrict firearms and ban handguns. Since then we have had 0 mass school shootings.
    That is irrelevant since we are talking about the United States and gun ownership is a RIGHT. Also, that article is irrelevant because it does not mention that arming certain select teachers would result in some kind of massacre of kids. Face it, your argument has NO merit.

  2. #42
    Sage
    Higgins86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,344

    Re: NRA's Newtown solution: Armed guards in schools

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    That is irrelevant since we are talking about the United States and gun ownership is a RIGHT. Also, that article is irrelevant because it does not mention that arming certain select teachers would result in some kind of massacre of kids. Face it, your argument has NO merit.
    argument has no merit even though we havent had a shooting like that in the UK since? Also I didnt realise that owning a fully automatic weapon was a right?
    End of the day the very fact your even considering arming teachers shows how insane your argument is! While your at it why not surround the school in wire and build a moat? Anything to avoid tackling the actual issue.
    ‘This is not peace, it is an armistice for 20 years.’ (Ferdinand Foch. After the Treaty of Versailles, 1919).

  3. #43
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: NRA's Newtown solution: Armed guards in schools

    Quote Originally Posted by Higgins86 View Post
    argument has no merit even though we havent had a shooting like that in the UK since? Also I didnt realise that owning a fully automatic weapon was a right?
    End of the day the very fact your even considering arming teachers shows how insane your argument is! While your at it why not surround the school in wire and build a moat? Anything to avoid tackling the actual issue.
    The issue here is SICK people. Not the tool they choose to use to kill. Cripes, people could just set fire to schools or bomb them too. It's pretty easy and cheap to make a bomb you know.

    Why do you want to take away one of our precious rights anyway? DUH!!! People will still be able to get a gun if they want to. I don't know WHAT is hard to understand about that.

  4. #44
    Sage
    Higgins86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,344

    Re: NRA's Newtown solution: Armed guards in schools

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    The issue here is SICK people. Not the tool they choose to use to kill. Cripes, people could just set fire to schools or bomb them too. It's pretty easy and cheap to make a bomb you know.

    Why do you want to take away one of our precious rights anyway? DUH!!! People will still be able to get a gun if they want to. I don't know WHAT is hard to understand about that.
    what and they dont have sick people all around the world? Are you suggesting that Americas high gun murder rate is because of sick people?
    ‘This is not peace, it is an armistice for 20 years.’ (Ferdinand Foch. After the Treaty of Versailles, 1919).

  5. #45
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: NRA's Newtown solution: Armed guards in schools

    Quote Originally Posted by Higgins86 View Post
    Only in America would your response to a tradegy like this is be MORE GUNS. I think Americas obession with guns is getting out of control/ borderline insane.
    Thousands of Americans are rushing to their local gun stores to buy high-powered rifles and ammunition in a bid to thwart a potential assault weapons ban in the wake of last week’s Connecticut school massacre, Fox News reports.

    More than three million Americans own an AR-15, which gun store owners say buyers like because “it's the civilian version of the fearsome M-16 used by the U.S. military,’’ CBS News reports.

    Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com Americans Fearing Weapons Ban Load Up On Guns and Ammo
    Urgent: Should Obamacare Be Repealed? Vote Here Now!

    Gun Sales Skyrocket After Newtown - Political News Video

    How about CBS reporting the same with a Video and a Special on Dateline?

    Looks like more than just a small minority.....huh?

  6. #46
    Sage
    Higgins86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,344

    Re: NRA's Newtown solution: Armed guards in schools

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Thousands of Americans are rushing to their local gun stores to buy high-powered rifles and ammunition in a bid to thwart a potential assault weapons ban in the wake of last week’s Connecticut school massacre, Fox News reports.

    More than three million Americans own an AR-15, which gun store owners say buyers like because “it's the civilian version of the fearsome M-16 used by the U.S. military,’’ CBS News reports.

    Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com Americans Fearing Weapons Ban Load Up On Guns and Ammo
    Urgent: Should Obamacare Be Repealed? Vote Here Now!

    Gun Sales Skyrocket After Newtown - Political News Video

    How about CBS reporting the same with a Video and a Special on Dateline?

    Looks like more than just a small minority.....huh?


    which is why America has such a high gun murder rate....
    ‘This is not peace, it is an armistice for 20 years.’ (Ferdinand Foch. After the Treaty of Versailles, 1919).

  7. #47
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: NRA's Newtown solution: Armed guards in schools

    http://hawaiiccw.com/gun-myths/conce...ncrease-crime/

    Myth: Concealed carry laws increase crime

    Fact: Thirty-nine states, comprising the majority of the American population, are”right-to-carry” states. Statistics show that in these states the crime rate fell (or did not rise) after the right-to-carry law became active (as of July, 2006). Nine states restrict the right to carry and two deny it outright.

    Fact: Crime rates involving gun owners with carry permits have consistently been about 0.02% of all carry permit holders since Florida’s right-to-carry law started in 1988.

    Fact: After passing their concealed carry law, Florida’s homicide rate fell from 36% above the national average to 4% below, and remains below the national average (as of the last reporting period, 2005).

    Fact: In Texas, murder rates fell 50% faster than the national average in the year after their concealed carry law passed. Rape rates fell 93% faster in the first year after enactment, and 500% faster in the second. Assaults fell 250% faster in the second year.

    Fact: More to the point, crime is significantly higher in states without right-to-carry laws

    Fact: States that disallow concealed carry have violent crime rates 11% higher than national averages.

    Fact: Deaths and injuries from mass public shootings fall dramatically after right-to-carry concealed handgun laws are enacted. Between 1977 and 1995, the average death rate from mass shootings plummeted by up to 91% after such laws went into effect, and injuries dropped by over 80%.

    For all scholarly links and citation information please visit Gun Facts.

  8. #48
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: NRA's Newtown solution: Armed guards in schools

    Quote Originally Posted by Higgins86 View Post
    what and they dont have sick people all around the world? Are you suggesting that Americas high gun murder rate is because of sick people?
    That among other factors. Are you saying that if there is a gun nearby, you will turn into a murderer?

  9. #49
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: NRA's Newtown solution: Armed guards in schools

    Quote Originally Posted by Higgins86 View Post
    which is why America has such a high gun murder rate....
    Well you can stay "safe" while giving up your freedom and independence.

  10. #50
    Sage
    Higgins86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,344

    Re: NRA's Newtown solution: Armed guards in schools

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Myth: Concealed carry laws increase crime

    Fact: Thirty-nine states, comprising the majority of the American population, are”right-to-carry” states. Statistics show that in these states the crime rate fell (or did not rise) after the right-to-carry law became active (as of July, 2006). Nine states restrict the right to carry and two deny it outright.

    Fact: Crime rates involving gun owners with carry permits have consistently been about 0.02% of all carry permit holders since Florida’s right-to-carry law started in 1988.

    Fact: After passing their concealed carry law, Florida’s homicide rate fell from 36% above the national average to 4% below, and remains below the national average (as of the last reporting period, 2005).

    Fact: In Texas, murder rates fell 50% faster than the national average in the year after their concealed carry law passed. Rape rates fell 93% faster in the first year after enactment, and 500% faster in the second. Assaults fell 250% faster in the second year.

    Fact: More to the point, crime is significantly higher in states without right-to-carry laws

    Fact: States that disallow concealed carry have violent crime rates 11% higher than national averages.

    Fact: Deaths and injuries from mass public shootings fall dramatically after right-to-carry concealed handgun laws are enacted. Between 1977 and 1995, the average death rate from mass shootings plummeted by up to 91% after such laws went into effect, and injuries dropped by over 80%.

    For all scholarly links and citation information please visit Gun Facts.

    fact
    Adjusting for population, the U.S. death rate by firearms -- which includes homicides, suicide and accidents -- was 10.2 per 100,000 people in 2009, according to the Coalition for Gun Control. The closest developed country was Finland, with a firearms death rate of 4.47 per 100,000 people in 2008, less than half that of the U.S. rate. In Canada, the rate was 2.5 per 100,000 people in 2009. In the United Kingdom, the 2011 rate was 0.25 per 100,000 people.

    That's a weapon effect. It's not clear that guns cause violence, but it's absolutely clear that they change the outcome
    ‘This is not peace, it is an armistice for 20 years.’ (Ferdinand Foch. After the Treaty of Versailles, 1919).

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •