Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 126

Thread: NRA's Newtown solution: Armed guards in schools

  1. #101
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: NRA's Newtown solution: Armed guards in schools

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Do you feel nervous about being shot when you go into a bank with an armed security guard? How about the airport? High-end stores also sometimes hire armed security. There are armed people all around us already. You just don't know it. Same thing with at the schools. I don't see any logical arguments against it at all. Just ridiculous hyperbole.
    You cant see any logical arguments because you have zero knowledge about securing anything, I understand that and its ok

  2. #102
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: NRA's Newtown solution: Armed guards in schools

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    You cant see any logical arguments because you have zero knowledge about securing anything, I understand that and its ok
    How long does it take to train a security guard? I've known a few. It's not like it takes YEARS of training, so your argument is not logical. If you were really serious about protecting the children against events such as this, you would WANT there to be armed security there.

    And what is YOUR idea?

  3. #103
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: NRA's Newtown solution: Armed guards in schools

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    How long does it take to train a security guard? I've known a few. It's not like it takes YEARS of training, so your argument is not logical. If you were really serious about protecting the children against events such as this, you would WANT there to be armed security there.

    And what is YOUR idea?

    Chris you seem to be just looking for an argument for some reason...I suggest you go back through the thread and actually read my posts and you will find the answer to all your questions that I have already posted. If its that you just must be right, then ok I concede you are right <end>

  4. #104
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: NRA's Newtown solution: Armed guards in schools

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    Chris you seem to be just looking for an argument for some reason...I suggest you go back through the thread and actually read my posts and you will find the answer to all your questions that I have already posted. If its that you just must be right, then ok I concede you are right <end>
    Of course I will look over the thread, but why can't you just summarize your argument? I have, time and time and time again, because I feel like I am making a valid point and have common sense on my side.

    For one thing, any kind of laws that are made to restrict or even ban weapons will not prevent incidents like this from happening, as they are usually carefully planned for weeks if not months in advance. People who have their minds set on doing this kind of thing are not going to let a little thing like a "law" stand in their way of causing pain, death and destruction. If you believe that any laws would deter these people, then you are only fooling yourself.

  5. #105
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,769

    Re: NRA's Newtown solution: Armed guards in schools

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    You cant see any logical arguments because you have zero knowledge about securing anything, I understand that and its ok
    her posts seem to be rather logical to me. she raises a good point. I have never worried about going into a facility with an armed guard because I do not plan on engaging in any behavior that would cause such a guard to attack me

    now the chance of him going rogue is about 1/1000 the chance of a criminal engaging in a murderous assault on an unguarded facility

  6. #106
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,769

    Re: NRA's Newtown solution: Armed guards in schools

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Of course I will look over the thread, but why can't you just summarize your argument? I have, time and time and time again, because I feel like I am making a valid point and have common sense on my side.

    For one thing, any kind of laws that are made to restrict or even ban weapons will not prevent incidents like this from happening, as they are usually carefully planned for weeks if not months in advance. People who have their minds set on doing this kind of thing are not going to let a little thing like a "law" stand in their way of causing pain, death and destruction. If you believe that any laws would deter these people, then you are only fooling yourself.
    Oh come on Chris, a guy who is willing to commit 26 counts of capital murder and then kill himself is going to obey a gun law!!

  7. #107
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: NRA's Newtown solution: Armed guards in schools

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    Oh come on Chris, a guy who is willing to commit 26 counts of capital murder and then kill himself is going to obey a gun law!!
    Of course, what was I thinking? That is such a logical argument!

  8. #108
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,769

    Re: NRA's Newtown solution: Armed guards in schools

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Of course, what was I thinking? That is such a logical argument!
    yeah a guy who just shot his mother to death stolen her guns and has planned on killing a bunch of kids suddenly realizes

    HEY I HAVE TO WAIT 5 days before i can take possession of the rifle I just killed my mom for and I then have to register it with the local police agency

  9. #109
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: NRA's Newtown solution: Armed guards in schools

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    her posts seem to be rather logical to me. she raises a good point. I have never worried about going into a facility with an armed guard because I do not plan on engaging in any behavior that would cause such a guard to attack me

    now the chance of him going rogue is about 1/1000 the chance of a criminal engaging in a murderous assault on an unguarded facility
    I guess if it such a problem with security people going rogue, we should really worry about the president too. He is surrounded by armed men 24/7 after all.

  10. #110
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: NRA's Newtown solution: Armed guards in schools

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    yeah a guy who just shot his mother to death stolen her guns and has planned on killing a bunch of kids suddenly realizes

    HEY I HAVE TO WAIT 5 days before i can take possession of the rifle I just killed my mom for and I then have to register it with the local police agency
    I know it! As if these people are logical or something. What a joke!

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •