Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 59

Thread: Cops: Man fatally shoots himself while showing off new gun's safety

  1. #1
    Professor
    madman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    So. California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    1,937

    Cops: Man fatally shoots himself while showing off new gun's safety

    Another idiot with a gun. Now he's dead.
    Why do people have hard-ons for weapons where they will pull them out and use them as a conversation piece?
    --------


    Cops: Man fatally shoots himself while showing off new gun's safety - chicagotribune.com


    A 21-year-old Joliet man accidentally shot and killed himself while trying to demonstrate how the safety mechanism worked on his new handgun, authorities said today.

    Deon D. Perry was pronounced dead at 5:40 a.m. Saturday at Provena St. Joseph Medical Center.

    Joliet Police Cmdr. Al Roechner said today that the mishap occurred around 5 p.m. Friday as Perry was sitting in a vehicle in front of his home with two other people.

    The two witnesses said Perry was displaying his recently purchased .25-caliber handgun when "he set the safety, pointed the gun at his face, pulled the trigger and the safety didn't work," Roechner said. Perry was shot in the right side of his face near his nose.

    Perry's friends called 911 and were joined by police on their way to the hospital's emergency room.

  2. #2
    Guru
    Aderleth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    04-08-16 @ 06:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,294

    Re: Cops: Man fatally shoots himself while showing off new gun's safety

    Quote Originally Posted by madman View Post
    A 21-year-old Joliet man accidentally shot and killed himself while trying to demonstrate how the safety mechanism worked on his new handgun, authorities said today.
    Gotta love the irony. I think this is one for the Darwin awards.

  3. #3
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,705

    Re: Cops: Man fatally shoots himself while showing off new gun's safety

    Quote Originally Posted by madman View Post
    Another idiot with a gun. Now he's dead.
    Why do people have hard-ons for weapons where they will pull them out and use them as a conversation piece?
    --------


    Cops: Man fatally shoots himself while showing off new gun's safety - chicagotribune.com


    A 21-year-old Joliet man accidentally shot and killed himself while trying to demonstrate how the safety mechanism worked on his new handgun, authorities said today.

    Deon D. Perry was pronounced dead at 5:40 a.m. Saturday at Provena St. Joseph Medical Center.

    Joliet Police Cmdr. Al Roechner said today that the mishap occurred around 5 p.m. Friday as Perry was sitting in a vehicle in front of his home with two other people.

    The two witnesses said Perry was displaying his recently purchased .25-caliber handgun when "he set the safety, pointed the gun at his face, pulled the trigger and the safety didn't work," Roechner said. Perry was shot in the right side of his face near his nose.

    Perry's friends called 911 and were joined by police on their way to the hospital's emergency room.
    This has nothing to do with a 'gun' and everything to do with Darwin busting his ass trying to prevent at least a few people from further polluting the gene pool.

  4. #4
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Cops: Man fatally shoots himself while showing off new gun's safety

    Quote Originally Posted by madman View Post
    Another idiot with a gun. Now he's dead.
    Why do people have hard-ons for weapons where they will pull them out and use them as a conversation piece?
    --------

    Cops: Man fatally shoots himself while showing off new gun's safety - chicagotribune.com

    A 21-year-old Joliet man accidentally shot and killed himself while trying to demonstrate how the safety mechanism worked on his new handgun, authorities said today.

    Deon D. Perry was pronounced dead at 5:40 a.m. Saturday at Provena St. Joseph Medical Center.

    Joliet Police Cmdr. Al Roechner said today that the mishap occurred around 5 p.m. Friday as Perry was sitting in a vehicle in front of his home with two other people.

    The two witnesses said Perry was displaying his recently purchased .25-caliber handgun when "he set the safety, pointed the gun at his face, pulled the trigger and the safety didn't work," Roechner said. Perry was shot in the right side of his face near his nose.

    Perry's friends called 911 and were joined by police on their way to the hospital's emergency room.
    I'm sorry, but sometimes ya' just gotta' laugh. WTF is wrong with people???? It's really too stupid to even believe. I hope they're doing some investigating...
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  5. #5
    Demented Lycanthropist
    wolfman24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    East Waboo USA
    Last Seen
    02-14-17 @ 01:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    5,058
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Cops: Man fatally shoots himself while showing off new gun's safety

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    I'm sorry, but sometimes ya' just gotta' laugh. WTF is wrong with people???? It's really too stupid to even believe. I hope they're doing some investigating...
    Why he bought a gun he did not know how to use (what a concept) and then killed himself trying to show everyone how smart he was and how much of a Mensch he was.
    "Those who do not learn from history and condemned to relive it".

    "There are those who will debate the necessity of wilderness, I will not, either you know it in your bones or you are very very old". Aldo Leopold - Sand County Almanac

  6. #6
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Cops: Man fatally shoots himself while showing off new gun's safety

    Quote Originally Posted by madman View Post
    Another idiot with a gun. Now he's dead.
    Why do people have hard-ons for weapons where they will pull them out and use them as a conversation piece?
    --------


    Cops: Man fatally shoots himself while showing off new gun's safety - chicagotribune.com


    A 21-year-old Joliet man accidentally shot and killed himself while trying to demonstrate how the safety mechanism worked on his new handgun, authorities said today.

    Deon D. Perry was pronounced dead at 5:40 a.m. Saturday at Provena St. Joseph Medical Center.

    Joliet Police Cmdr. Al Roechner said today that the mishap occurred around 5 p.m. Friday as Perry was sitting in a vehicle in front of his home with two other people.

    The two witnesses said Perry was displaying his recently purchased .25-caliber handgun when "he set the safety, pointed the gun at his face, pulled the trigger and the safety didn't work," Roechner said. Perry was shot in the right side of his face near his nose.

    Perry's friends called 911 and were joined by police on their way to the hospital's emergency room.
    Well that's evolution for you. Anyone who points a loaded weapon to their face, even with the safety on, is a moron of the highest caliber and shouldn't reproduce.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  7. #7
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Cops: Man fatally shoots himself while showing off new gun's safety

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    I'm sorry, but sometimes ya' just gotta' laugh. WTF is wrong with people???? It's really too stupid to even believe. I hope they're doing some investigating...
    What is there to investigate? Retard took himself out of the gene pool.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: Cops: Man fatally shoots himself while showing off new gun's safety

    Years ago when the local cops switched from 38 cal revolvers to 9 mill pistols one cop was showing another his new pistol in the coffee shop and shot himself in the leg. These things happen when you are unfamiliar with a weapon. I'm not sure which was worse for the cop though, the bullet in the leg or the embarrassment of it all.

  9. #9
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,705

    Re: Cops: Man fatally shoots himself while showing off new gun's safety

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    What is there to investigate? Retard took himself out of the gene pool.
    The only thing I could see to investigate is that it sounds MAYBE a little TOO stupid and MAYBE he didnt really shoot himself in the face. Should be easily enough proven. If he did...thats just more oxygen for the rest of us.

  10. #10
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,705

    Re: Cops: Man fatally shoots himself while showing off new gun's safety

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    Years ago when the local cops switched from 38 cal revolvers to 9 mill pistols one cop was showing another his new pistol in the coffee shop and shot himself in the leg. These things happen when you are unfamiliar with a weapon. I'm not sure which was worse for the cop though, the bullet in the leg or the embarrassment of it all.
    Accidental discharge...yes...bad...but not intentionally pointing a gun at your face and saying "hey guys...watch this!"

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •