Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 171

Thread: Sandy Hook: Beyond gun control, disease control

  1. #131
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Sandy Hook: Beyond gun control, disease control

    Quote Originally Posted by falcata View Post
    Why am I not allowed to bring a gun to school then? Isnt that a breach of my 2nd amendment rights to you? So apparantly we all havent been afforded our absolute 2nd amendment right. Similar to the way the 1st amendment is limited the 2nd amendment is limited to preserve the stability of the USA.
    Yes, there are certain restrictions and requirements. What's your point?

  2. #132
    Educator falcata's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    North East Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    08-10-17 @ 11:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    926

    Re: Sandy Hook: Beyond gun control, disease control

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    I just can't help myself. Your fearful hyperbole is Hilarious.
    Its political theory and practice. Familiarize yourself with it if you please.
    I traveled with Ivanka
    the way I normally do
    How was I to know
    She was with the Russians too? - Poetics by TurtleDude

  3. #133
    Educator falcata's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    North East Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    08-10-17 @ 11:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    926

    Re: Sandy Hook: Beyond gun control, disease control

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Yes, there are certain restrictions and requirements. What's your point?
    My point is, an increase of restrictions and requirements are needed because of the ever changing nature of firearms.
    I traveled with Ivanka
    the way I normally do
    How was I to know
    She was with the Russians too? - Poetics by TurtleDude

  4. #134
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Sandy Hook: Beyond gun control, disease control

    Quote Originally Posted by falcata View Post
    Its political theory and practice. Familiarize yourself with it if you please.
    Political theory of a paranoid anti second amendment person perhaps. To us who want to preserve and protect OUR rights, it is nothing but silly hyperbole.

  5. #135
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Sandy Hook: Beyond gun control, disease control

    Quote Originally Posted by falcata View Post
    My point is, an increase of restrictions and requirements are needed because of the ever changing nature of firearms.
    Why? .

  6. #136
    Sage
    lizzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    between two worlds
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,581

    Re: Sandy Hook: Beyond gun control, disease control

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    The Second Amendment was written when it took 15 seconds to reload a gun. I wonder if the Forefathers are rolling in their graves today.
    They are rolling in their graves, but it's not because of guns.
    "God is the name by which I designate all things which cross my path violently and recklessly, all things which alter my plans and intentions, and change the course of my life, for better or for worse."
    -C G Jung

  7. #137
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Sandy Hook: Beyond gun control, disease control

    That's what the problem is. Not enough guns. If the principal of that school had been armed or if just ONE person had been armed, they could have taken that loon out.

  8. #138
    Sage
    Fisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-06-13 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    17,002

    Re: Sandy Hook: Beyond gun control, disease control

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    The Second Amendment was written when it took 15 seconds to reload a gun. I wonder if the Forefathers are rolling in their graves today.
    Thomas Jefferson wouldn't likely:

    A society that will trade a little liberty for a little order will lose both, and deserve neither

    I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.

    Thomas Jefferson quotes

  9. #139
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,459
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Sandy Hook: Beyond gun control, disease control

    Quote Originally Posted by Fisher View Post
    Because we have some mentally disturbed violent people which is what this thread started out addressing. If we did not have guns, they would be violent other ways (for example: Cops: Canada bus killer ate victim's flesh - World news - Americas | NBC News). I am not moving the goal post unless your only goal is to take guns. My goal is to address the violence, beginning with the violent mentally ill we have. From there we address avoiding violence by changing our education system but we cannot ignore the more immediate problem.
    You obviously do not want to debate gun violence. I am wasting my time.
    No men are anywhere, and Im allowed to go in, because Im the owner of the pageant and therefore Im inspecting it, Trump said... Is everyone OK? You know, theyre standing there with no clothes. Is everybody OK? And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.

  10. #140
    Sage
    Fisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-06-13 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    17,002

    Re: Sandy Hook: Beyond gun control, disease control

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    You obviously do not want to debate gun violence. I am wasting my time.
    Since this thread is about violence and mental health issues which you have not addressed in any meaningful way, I concur you have been wasting your time trying to turn it into another gun control thread.

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •