Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 171

Thread: Sandy Hook: Beyond gun control, disease control

  1. #101
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Sandy Hook: Beyond gun control, disease control

    Quote Originally Posted by Einzige View Post
    No, it assumes that gun owners are responsible for gun crime. Which they are.

    Incidentally, I never fail to be amazed that "libertarians", so-called, can be brought around to whatever slop the Republican Party is peddling, even if it means income tax hikes.
    Is it true that most, if not all of the last 5, or 6 or 7 mass murders were in gun-free zones?

    Maybe the first step is to change our laws so that anyone who votes for a gun-free zone or causes one to be put in place becomes personally liable for the murders that take place there. Now, I know that my first step is not as sexy as increasing my taxes, but what the heck?

    Then as a second step let us make everyone who is allowed to vote also purchase, train monthly with, and carry a concealed weapon.

    I suspect there would be no more mass murders.
    Last edited by Misterveritis; 12-17-12 at 12:26 AM.

  2. #102
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,723

    Re: Sandy Hook: Beyond gun control, disease control

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    I think his post makes a ton of sense. I guess that makes me ignorant too.
    I guess so. but his posts are clueless.

  3. #103
    Educator falcata's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    North East Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    08-10-17 @ 11:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    926

    Re: Sandy Hook: Beyond gun control, disease control

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    YOur posts demonstrate a rather frightening level of ignorance on the issue. why is it that progressives are so clueless about gun issues so often?
    And why may I ask do you not refudiate me appropriately if you are so well versed in this issue? From reading this thread I have to reason except perhaps for a reference to an arms and munition tax to believe that you would know better than I on this subject. Please tell me and show me my ignorance effectivly at least so I may learn from my mistakes.
    I traveled with Ivanka
    the way I normally do
    How was I to know
    She was with the Russians too? - Poetics by TurtleDude

  4. #104
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,723

    Re: Sandy Hook: Beyond gun control, disease control

    Quote Originally Posted by falcata View Post
    And why may I ask do you not refudiate me appropriately if you are so well versed in this issue? From reading this thread I have to reason except perhaps for a reference to an arms and munition tax to believe that you would know better than I on this subject. Please tell me and show me my ignorance effectivly at least so I may learn from my mistakes.
    you seem to think that freedom should be cast away for a hopeless desire to stop crime

    but why is it that progressives tend to be the ones who want to get rid of legal gun ownership when just about everyone is against crime

    is it because punishing conservative gun owners is your real agenda

  5. #105
    Educator falcata's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    North East Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    08-10-17 @ 11:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    926

    Re: Sandy Hook: Beyond gun control, disease control

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    Is it true that most, if not all of the last 5, or 6 or 7 mass murders were in gun-free zones?

    Maybe the first step is to change our laws so that anyone who votes for a gun-free zone or causes one to be put in place becomes personally liable for the murders that take place there. Now, I know that my first step is not as sexy ans increasing my taxes, but what the heck?

    Then as a second step let us make everyone who is allowed to vote also purchase, train monthly with, and carry a concealed weapon.

    I suspect there would be no more mass murders.
    I believe that we keep firearms out of these buildings for a reason. I woulds suspect that these incidents would increase in occurrence. Now perhaps if these people lacked these weapons meant solely fo killing they wouldnt feel so empowered to preform these acts.
    I traveled with Ivanka
    the way I normally do
    How was I to know
    She was with the Russians too? - Poetics by TurtleDude

  6. #106
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Sandy Hook: Beyond gun control, disease control

    Quote Originally Posted by falcata View Post
    Although I myself still question this interpretation of the 2nd amendment to me it's becoming more and more appealing



    It is important to focus on all of the text in the 2nd amenment not just the latter part of it. This amendment was put into place for the sake of our national security specifically on a domestic front. I believe that the National Guard which was originally founded as several different state "militas" and whose responsibility today is our national security fullfills the first part of the text making the latter half nill.

    I believe that no ordinary citizen should be able to own a gun whose intended practical use is to kill another human being. No one needs one and I believe it is something our country can learn to live without.

    To go back to the actual topic of the thread however I believe that we should first find an understanding of people who have mental health Issues.T get some grasp of it I'll identify the main two groups of most homicidal persons with mental diseases. First we see psychopaths which depending on the kind of psychosis and the severity of it could have little or no grasp of reality or control over their actions. Then also we have sociopaths who are in complete control of their actions, but are incapable of feeling emotions.

    People with mental illness are for the most part often diagnosed and use government programs for assistance. In this respect its not nearly as diffucult as some might believe and/or say to keep track of those with mental illness.

    Before you purchase any kind of firearm
    I believe that you should have to prove that you are a citizen capable and responsible enough to use and maintain this weapon. In many cases they do preform a thorough job of this, but due to events both recent and old, I believe it is clear that we need to take a few more steps in makng this nation safer.
    Apply this to voting and you might have something.

  7. #107
    Educator falcata's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    North East Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    08-10-17 @ 11:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    926

    Re: Sandy Hook: Beyond gun control, disease control

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you seem to think that freedom should be cast away for a hopeless desire to stop crime

    but why is it that progressives tend to be the ones who want to get rid of legal gun ownership when just about everyone is against crime

    is it because punishing conservative gun owners is your real agenda
    Oh I'm fine when it comes to firearms that are meant for hunting or similar recreational uses. When you say however that my intention is not infact to work towards improving society, but to punish people for no reason that makes me question the actual value of your opinion.
    I traveled with Ivanka
    the way I normally do
    How was I to know
    She was with the Russians too? - Poetics by TurtleDude

  8. #108
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,723

    Re: Sandy Hook: Beyond gun control, disease control

    Quote Originally Posted by falcata View Post
    I believe that we keep firearms out of these buildings for a reason. I woulds suspect that these incidents would increase in occurrence. Now perhaps if these people lacked these weapons meant solely fo killing they wouldnt feel so empowered to preform these acts.
    that's a non answer and silly. what Misterviertis noted is that almost every active shooter massacre occurred in areas where the AS knew that he would not readily be confronted by an armed defender. active shooters are rarely skilled shooters and are cowards and tend to fold up and kill themselves 90% of the time when initially challenged. your solution is to allow an AS to go unchallenged for as long as it takes the police to respond

    in VT according to nationally known expert on AS (John Benner) VT had a top flight response team that was deployed within EIGHT MINUTES of the first report of the main massacre starting. Yet the killer was shooting several people a MINUTE

  9. #109
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,723

    Re: Sandy Hook: Beyond gun control, disease control

    Quote Originally Posted by falcata View Post
    Oh I'm fine when it comes to firearms that are meant for hunting or similar recreational uses. When you say however that my intention is not infact to work towards improving society, but to punish people for no reason that makes me question the actual value of your opinion.

    you want to restrict the rights of innocent people to have weapons in the vain and silly attempt to keep those who are already banned from owning weapons from getting them

  10. #110
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Sandy Hook: Beyond gun control, disease control

    Quote Originally Posted by falcata View Post
    I believe that we keep firearms out of these buildings for a reason. I woulds suspect that these incidents would increase in occurrence. Now perhaps if these people lacked these weapons meant solely fo killing they wouldnt feel so empowered to preform these acts.
    We do. It is so we have something interesting to talk about for days and days once the state-created victims are murdered.

    Can you show me that we have had an increase in any place where firearms are encouraged?

    You cannot. Can you? But you feel. Perhaps you should think first.

    How does one stop a person who has a gun and who intends to kill you?

    Well?
    Last edited by Misterveritis; 12-17-12 at 12:29 AM.

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •