Page 70 of 72 FirstFirst ... 20606869707172 LastLast
Results 691 to 700 of 712

Thread: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains why

  1. #691
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,547

    Re: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    as I said earlier...there was a reason that when the europeans showed up in their sailing ships, carrying firearms they were met by africans in dugout canoes, carrying pointy sticks.
    I think you are just jealous because that is what they were met with by Native Americans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  2. #692
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    This is actually good stuff right here. It's to bad more people on either side can't judge based on individual merit rather than perceived racist/bigoted notions of superiority/inferiority.
    which is one of the big reasons i like the military. there are good and bad individuals of all races. to judge a whole group of people based on the actions/attitudes of a few is beyond stupid.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  3. #693
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,547

    Re: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    which is one of the big reasons i like the military. there are good and bad individuals of all races. to judge a whole group of people based on the actions/attitudes of a few is beyond stupid.
    Preaching to the choir here. My only problem is that people want to say racism is gone and it's not. I think the confusion was about institutionalized racism which really no longer exists in this country. Vs just everyday plane old racism which has been shown quite clearly buy some in this very thread thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  4. #694
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    I think you are just jealous because that is what they were met with by Native Americans.
    true. my point is, I think the technological differences were due primarily to environmental factors and not due to some innate superiority/inferiority of one group or another. the climate/environment in Africa and north america was not as demanding as it was in europe, therefore the peoples living there were not under the same pressures to invent technology in order to survive. as the old saying goes.... neccessity is the mother of invention.

    what I find mildly amusing is that before whitey showed up...the africans and the indians had been enslaving/killing each other for generations upon generations. whitey showed up with superior fire power and enslaved/killed the africans and indians. and whitey becomes the bad guy and all mention of the previous millenia of slavery is forgotten. the white man didn't do anything to the africans that they hadn't been doing to each other for hundreds/thousands of years. the only difference is that whitey crossed an ocean to do it.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  5. #695
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Preaching to the choir here. My only problem is that people want to say racism is gone and it's not. I think the confusion was about institutionalized racism which really no longer exists in this country. Vs just everyday plane old racism which has been shown quite clearly buy some in this very thread thread.
    there is plenty of racism to go around at the personal level. Just take a trip to the mall with me and my two adopted boys and see the looks we get and the comments made by retards who think I can't hear them.

    I once had a black lady come up to me and ask who the father of my two boys was. I told her that I was and that their mother was just very very very black
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  6. #696
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,547

    Re: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    there is plenty of racism to go around at the personal level. Just take a trip to the mall with me and my two adopted boys and see the looks we get and the comments made by retards who think I can't hear them.

    I once had a black lady come up to me and ask who the father of my two boys was. I told her that I was and that their mother was just very very very black
    HEHEHEHE! By the way I meant Plain, not plane. Freaking spell checkers man.

    Yea I was with a girlfriend at the time who happened to be white in the grocery store. This old woman was giving us the evil eye so we went into our shtick...

    Her: You know if you would get off your ass and get a job instead of drinking all night we mite have a little money to spend on the kids.
    Me: Well if one of em' were mine I would!

    Oh boy! If looks could kill. We laughed all the way out of the store.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  7. #697
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,547

    Re: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    true. my point is, I think the technological differences were due primarily to environmental factors and not due to some innate superiority/inferiority of one group or another. the climate/environment in Africa and north america was not as demanding as it was in europe, therefore the peoples living there were not under the same pressures to invent technology in order to survive. as the old saying goes.... neccessity is the mother of invention.

    what I find mildly amusing is that before whitey showed up...the africans and the indians had been enslaving/killing each other for generations upon generations. whitey showed up with superior fire power and enslaved/killed the africans and indians. and whitey becomes the bad guy and all mention of the previous millenia of slavery is forgotten. the white man didn't do anything to the africans that they hadn't been doing to each other for hundreds/thousands of years. the only difference is that whitey crossed an ocean to do it.
    I have to disagree a little on the second part. The slavery aspect had little to do with native Americans. There concept of slavery like black Africans was very different. Black Africans unlike the native Americans were taken from the land of origin to a completely alien place. Those who were lucky enough to survive the trip in the first place. Black slaves were allowed to marry into the family among other things. Don't get me wrong many captured during wart etc were just killed. Blacks have no moral high ground here. The fact is though Africa's problems today are directly attributable to over 400 years Colonialism. You can't just fix that in the last 50 years or so.

    You should watch some of the video's I posted. The Eurocentric lies are as bad as the Afrocentric lies of the 80's. The truth as you will see lies someplace in the middle. Like Napoleon's comments about the "bronze age" are a complete lie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  8. #698
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    HEHEHEHE! By the way I meant Plain, not plane. Freaking spell checkers man.

    Yea I was with a girlfriend at the time who happened to be white in the grocery store. This old woman was giving us the evil eye so we went into our shtick...

    Her: You know if you would get off your ass and get a job instead of drinking all night we mite have a little money to spend on the kids.
    Me: Well if one of em' were mine I would!

    Oh boy! If looks could kill. We laughed all the way out of the store.
    what I had found oddly interesting is the different way we get treated by blacks and whites and genders depending on which one of us is with the kids. If it is me and the boys, i get the most dirty looks and snide comments from black females. My wife gets the most dirty looks and comments from white people and black females.

    I guess the black dudes just don't give a **** either way.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  9. #699
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,547

    Re: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    what I had found oddly interesting is the different way we get treated by blacks and whites and genders depending on which one of us is with the kids. If it is me and the boys, i get the most dirty looks and snide comments from black females. My wife gets the most dirty looks and comments from white people and black females.

    I guess the black dudes just don't give a **** either way.
    Yea hell has no fury like a spurned black woman. I mean if you put yourself in their shoes though, you can at least see why. Not that it is fair mind you, but you can see why.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  10. #700
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains

    my middle son, Lamar, is 17. he has a great attitude about the whole race thing and likes to **** with people about it. (when he was little he would tell people he wasn't 'black", he was "brown' ) this past fall a bunch of the kids from school had a halloween party where everyone dressed in costume. Lamar is one of only 6-7 black kids at his school. So i see him getting ready for the party and he is wearing a leopard print tarzan outfit, rabbit ears and a fuzzy cotton tail. I asked him what the hell he was supposed to be and, without blinking an eye, he says ... 'duh dad...I'm a jungle bunny". I almost pissed myself laughing.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •