Page 66 of 72 FirstFirst ... 16566465666768 ... LastLast
Results 651 to 660 of 712

Thread: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains why

  1. #651
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-26-14 @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,032

    Re: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    I understand your perspective this however does not mean I agree. It also does not make it correct or even remotely true. I mean you are the one that said if it does not hurt anything it's OK to abuse people. You compared Jews to white south Africans and the blacks to Nazi's.

    No it has nothing at all to do with anything other than your position is completely asinine.
    You seem to be suffering from a bit of amnesia.

    First off. You were the one who wanted to talk about the jews in Germany in comparison to the situation in South Africa. Not I. I just obliged you. Once I obliged to your request you denied it... on account that you didn't like it because you offered no justification what so ever.

    You did not present you "view" on the matter. This has been a one way streak of me accommodating to whatever you wanted to discuss and every time you looked at something and didn't like it, decided to just condemn it on no evidence. Pray, do justify anything you say. Because we had 2-3 discussions and I am starting to think you are in the habit of never accounting for your words or your position.

    Also, I never said that it was ok to abuse people. I said that the circumstances are different when there is abuse on people with no rights and abuse on people with rights. Also, lets not forget the time difference.

  2. #652
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman05 View Post
    You seem to be suffering from a bit of amnesia.
    I am not suffering from anything except your own silliness.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman05 View Post
    First off. You were the one who wanted to talk about the jews in Germany in comparison to the situation in South Africa.
    No I did not. I used it as an example of how your statement does not ring true. You then tried to turn it into some kind of debate.

    So sorry, go back and read it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman05 View Post
    Not I. I just obliged you. Once I obliged to your request you denied it... on account that you didn't like it because you offered no justification what so ever.
    Already debunked above.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman05 View Post
    You did not present you "view" on the matter. This has been a one way streak of me accommodating to whatever you wanted to discuss and every time you looked at something and didn't like it, decided to just condemn it on no evidence. Pray, do justify anything you say. Because we had 2-3 discussions and I am starting to think you are in the habit of never accounting for your words or your position.
    No. It has been you trying to take things out of context and respond to irrelevant pieces instead of my point. Nothing but mental masturbation at best.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman05 View Post
    Also, I never said that it was ok to abuse people.
    About what happens when people have no rights, and thus, there is nothing to legally break by abusing those people... and when people DO have rights and how breaking them it is illegal and condemnable... yet nobody is condemned or prosecuted.

    So you are saying somehow having nothing to legally break makes it somehow better? Or less of an injustice? I mean really what else does that statement mean?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman05 View Post
    I said that the circumstances are different when there is abuse on people with no rights and abuse on people with rights. Also, lets not forget the time difference.
    This is exactly what I mean. I understand perfectly well what you just said. It makes it no less one sided bull****.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  3. #653
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-26-14 @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,032

    Re: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    I am not suffering from anything except your own silliness.

    pas.

    No I did not. I used it as an example of how your statement does not ring true. You then tried to turn it into some kind of debate.

    So sorry, go back and read it.

    pas

    Already debunked above.

    nope, pas.

    No. It has been you trying to take things out of context and respond to irrelevant pieces instead of my point. Nothing but mental masturbation at best.

    sure.. pas.

    About what happens when people have no rights, and thus, there is nothing to legally break by abusing those people... and when people DO have rights and how breaking them it is illegal and condemnable... yet nobody is condemned or prosecuted.

    So you are saying somehow having nothing to legally break makes it somehow better? Or less of an injustice? I mean really what else does that statement mean?

    Finally something I can reply to in your whole comment.

    This is exactly what I mean. I understand perfectly well what you just said. It makes it no less one sided bull****.
    I am strictly saying that if you have 2 individuals. Mark and Jones.

    Mark has no rights what so ever and society has no obligation to respect him even as a human being. Treat him like durt. Mark still gets hurt and abused.

    Now Jones. Jones has rights and the society he lives in is obligated to abide by those rights and protect them, for if those rights are broken, society has to do everything in can to exact punishment on those who abused and hurt Jones because otherwise, you don't have a society that is ruled by law and you descent into a very bad society. Jones gets hurt and abused in the same way that Mark is. But the difference is that LAWS are also broken. You break the law by doing so. And that makes it worse.

    But you can make it even WORSE. You can make it so that the people who are put in place to uphold the law and to protect Jones' rights don't do their job they in fact empower the people who do abuse. They empower villains. And that is bad for all society. You can make it even WORSE if the majority of people who are in the same country as Jones is in, and who have the same rights as Jones does, condone and allow abuse to happen against Jones because of their vindictive feelings.

    Got it now? I am not discussing that the wrong done to an individual who has no rights is less than the wrong done to an individual with rights if the same abuse is done, on a personal level. I am just arguing that something else gets abused in the process that is supposed to protect individuals with rights from abuse. And that is the worst part.

  4. #654
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman05 View Post
    I am strictly saying that if you have 2 individuals. Mark and Jones.

    Mark has no rights what so ever and society has no obligation to respect him even as a human being. Treat him like durt. Mark still gets hurt and abused.

    Now Jones. Jones has rights and the society he lives in is obligated to abide by those rights and protect them, for if those rights are broken, society has to do everything in can to exact punishment on those who abused and hurt Jones because otherwise, you don't have a society that is ruled by law and you descent into a very bad society. Jones gets hurt and abused in the same way that Mark is. But the difference is that LAWS are also broken. You break the law by doing so. And that makes it worse.

    But you can make it even WORSE. You can make it so that the people who are put in place to uphold the law and to protect Jones' rights don't do their job they in fact empower the people who do abuse. They empower villains. And that is bad for all society. You can make it even WORSE if the majority of people who are in the same country as Jones is in, and who have the same rights as Jones does, condone and allow abuse to happen against Jones because of their vindictive feelings.

    Got it now? I am not discussing that the wrong done to an individual who has no rights is less than the wrong done to an individual with rights if the same abuse is done, on a personal level. I am just arguing that something else gets abused in the process that is supposed to protect individuals with rights from abuse. And that is the worst part.
    That is not the worst part. Rights and laws are just crap we make up to govern ourselves in large groups, that's it. Your argument again does not even need refuting because it is nonsense. Injustice is injustice no matter how you would try and make either one backed by mite or one back by law make a damn bit of difference. If they have protected rights it's so much worse, what a ****ing moronic statement. And Jesus wept.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  5. #655
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-26-14 @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,032

    Re: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    That is not the worst part. Rights and laws are just crap we make up to govern ourselves in large groups, that's it. Your argument again does not even need refuting because it is nonsense. Injustice is injustice no matter how you would try and make either one backed by mite or one back by law make a damn bit of difference. If they have protected rights it's so much worse, what a ****ing moronic statement. And Jesus wept.
    I see now. Your attitude towards the importance of the law is what makes this discussion futile.

    What the hell do you think "equality" is? The closest humanity has ever come to equality is through a proper code of laws that everybody needs to abide by or pay the price. There is no other.

    Furthermore, you cannot accept any situation where the black people are actually the abusers and the whites are the victims. Your world perspective disables you from ever accepting this reality.

  6. #656
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    01-22-17 @ 09:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    4,136

    Re: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains

    Quote Originally Posted by ashurbanipal View Post

    No, I am saying that the massive widespread crimes of the past, which were never sufficiently redressed, have ongoing effects today, even if they are not directly experienced. Furthermore, those effects are potent, and the ongoing inequality and racial attitudes in our society amply bear out this point.
    My mom is Jewish. Her heritage has arguable had it as bad as any minority group in history. None of this has been completely redressed by a federal authority, yet Jews are globally one of the wealthiest minority groups, have and have produced numerous nobel prizes and contributions to the human race.

    Slavery is as bad of a crime against humanity that there is. I'm not defending it. But there is the argument, that African Americans who live here today are better off because of the forced immigration into the US then they would've been if they had stayed in Africa. I would also argue, that the plight of African Americans today, has much less to do with slavery, and a lot more to with Jim Crow. The two are related of course, but the latter is much more fresh in peoples minds, and reminds them of the former. But I'm not sure "more welfare" is necessarily the answer if all it does is increase racial tensions and discrimination.

  7. #657
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    01-22-17 @ 09:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    4,136

    Re: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Because it is fantasy nonsense. Nothing redeeming at all to discuss.
    That's a typical argument for someone with no rebuttal.

  8. #658
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains

    Quote Originally Posted by ReformCollege View Post
    That's a typical argument for someone with no rebuttal.
    Or maybe his statements...

    "About what happens when people have no rights, and thus, there is nothing to legally break by abusing those people... and when people DO have rights and how breaking them it is illegal and condemnable... yet nobody is condemned or prosecuted. - Rainman05

    To which he follows up with the story of Mark and Jones...

    "Mark has no rights what so ever and society has no obligation to respect him even as a human being. Treat him like durt. Mark still gets hurt and abused.

    Now Jones. Jones has rights and the society he lives in is obligated to abide by those rights and protect them, for if those rights are broken, society has to do everything in can to exact punishment on those who abused and hurt Jones because otherwise, you don't have a society that is ruled by law and you descent into a very bad society. Jones gets hurt and abused in the same way that Mark is. But the difference is that LAWS are also broken. You break the law by doing so. And that makes it worse.
    - Rainman05

    So how do you Mr "my mother is Jewish" respond to that?
    Last edited by Black Dog; 01-01-13 at 09:00 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  9. #659
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman05 View Post
    I see now. Your attitude towards the importance of the law is what makes this discussion futile.
    No. It's your "as long as no law is broken it's obviously not as bad" bull**** racist attitude that makes it futile. The poor downtrodden white man.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman05 View Post
    What the hell do you think "equality" is? The closest humanity has ever come to equality is through a proper code of laws that everybody needs to abide by or pay the price. There is no other.
    This is true this how ever makes no ones suffering less important. Unless you are white I guess.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman05 View Post
    Furthermore, you cannot accept any situation where the black people are actually the abusers and the whites are the victims. Your world perspective disables you from ever accepting this reality.
    Oh give me a break, that is a lame cop out and strawman at best. Please point out where I said anything even remotely close. I know you can't because I said more than 1 time this does not excuse the blacks actions at all. The perspective is nothing more than 1+1=2 which you try to say is 1+2=3 because a 2 is used it is obviously far more important.

    More inept hogwash.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  10. #660
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    01-22-17 @ 09:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    4,136

    Re: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Or maybe his statements...

    "About what happens when people have no rights, and thus, there is nothing to legally break by abusing those people... and when people DO have rights and how breaking them it is illegal and condemnable... yet nobody is condemned or prosecuted. - Rainman05

    To which he follows up with the story of Mark and Jones...

    "Mark has no rights what so ever and society has no obligation to respect him even as a human being. Treat him like durt. Mark still gets hurt and abused.

    Now Jones. Jones has rights and the society he lives in is obligated to abide by those rights and protect them, for if those rights are broken, society has to do everything in can to exact punishment on those who abused and hurt Jones because otherwise, you don't have a society that is ruled by law and you descent into a very bad society. Jones gets hurt and abused in the same way that Mark is. But the difference is that LAWS are also broken. You break the law by doing so. And that makes it worse.
    - Rainman05

    So how do you Mr "my mother is Jewish" respond to that?
    I agree with what he's basically saying. As long as its against the law, you can prosecute the abusers. If its not against the law you can't. But in a society like ours, if its not against the law, its probably a relational inequality, rather then an actual abuse of human rights.

    But calling something ridiculous is not an argument.
    Last edited by ReformCollege; 01-01-13 at 10:20 AM.

Page 66 of 72 FirstFirst ... 16566465666768 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •