Page 63 of 72 FirstFirst ... 13536162636465 ... LastLast
Results 621 to 630 of 712

Thread: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains why

  1. #621
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post



    and still nothing about why you cried about da black man stigma .....
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  2. #622
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,513

    Re: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    and still nothing about why you cried about da black man stigma .....
    I already posted it but much like your inability to remember what you post you can't remember what others have posted.

    I mean if baiting is all you have, you mite as well move along.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  3. #623
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    I already posted it but much like your inability to remember what you post you can't remember what others have posted.

    I mean if baiting is all you have, you mite as well move along.
    all you posted was a crybaby comment about living with the stigma of being a black man. oh laws haff murcy on me. lif sholl do be hards as a black mans... dat white debbil sho do be keepin me downs.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  4. #624
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,513

    Re: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    all you posted was a crybaby comment about living with the stigma of being a black man.
    That would be a little thing we refer to as a lie. It was 1 part of a larger post. It was a response to this lie...

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    and yet, unlike blacks...you don't see us bitching and crying and blaming "whitey" for all our problems. I wonder why that is
    To which I replied...

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Because they gave native Americans land, you get to set your own rules and lets not go into casino's and high interest loans. Native Americans were also not taken from there continent of origin after being sold into slavery by there own. They did not have to deal with Jim crow, slavery or the stigma of being a black male.

    Native Americans did not have it easy, but there is no comparison.
    Oh wow it was the last thing in an entire list of things. Go figure?

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    oh laws haff murcy on me. lif sholl do be hards as a black mans... dat white debbil sho do be keepin me downs.
    The only one crying and making stereotype bigoted comments would be you. I mean lets face it the only reason you are resorting to childishness, is that you have no argument. And let's not forget....

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    so your point was to simply mention that you believe there is a black man stigma? so...what about it?
    Which I have shown to be well... inaccurate.

    Then you moved on to this nonsense...

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    it was clear. I multi quoted you. adding a reply after each quote. there was no quote preceding the last line of my comment. therefore it was clear to anyone with half a brain and without a chip on their shoulder that the last sentence was not a reply to anything you said. stay mad, brah and, as always...thanks for playing
    This is the post you were talking about that YOU made...

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    yeah, there is no comparison between slavery and wholesale genocide.

    as for the stigma of being a black male....most of those so stigmatized these days bring it on themselves. maybe my perspective is skewed because I've spent most of my adult life in the military where the color of your skin is not a determining factor. My current Brigade CO (O6 Colonel) is a black man, our current HQ first sgt (master sgt) is a black man and I could give you a laundry list of senior NCOs and Officers in our brigade who are black men. none of them allowed being black to handicap them and keep them in the ghettos.

    blaming a lack of success in today's society on the color of your skin is a cop-out.
    So should I chalk this up to an Alzheimer incident?

    Thanks for playing a second time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  5. #625
    Advisor Zariak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    02-08-15 @ 01:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    470

    Re: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains

    Really, it's hard for the majority to understand. I'm only half-Asian, but that's enough for me to get perspective on both sides of the race argument. Whites really just don't understand because they will usually NEVER have the experience of being the minority.

  6. #626
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains

    Quote Originally Posted by Zariak View Post
    Really, it's hard for the majority to understand. I'm only half-Asian, but that's enough for me to get perspective on both sides of the race argument. Whites really just don't understand because they will usually NEVER have the experience of being the minority.
    Actually White people have often been in the minority, as they are now in Africa, Asia, the Middle East and elsewhere.

  7. #627
    Sage
    OldWorldOrder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    10-12-15 @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,820

    Re: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains

    Most people are the far left aren't really against "racism" per se, they're against the strong using their strength against the weak.

    I'm 32 years old. I was raised and told repeatedly not to judge people on the basis of their skin color, that racism was bad, etc. Now, as a 32 year old that doesn't hate the 'strong' (rich, majority, whatever), I find myself sometimes being called racist because I really don't care about the color of people's skins. I'm not going to be nicer to you because you're a minority or black or whatever. I just honestly don't give a **** whatsoever. That's how I was raised: not to judge people on the basis of their race. Apparently, there was an encoded message there that I was supposed to also get: support the weaker party no matter what. Well, I don't. If a poor black woman runs a red light and kills someone, I'm not going to give them the benefit of the doubt while I push to prosecute a rich white guy that did the same thing. I just don't care.

    To some people, that's 'racist'. Oh well.
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected.
    -GK Chesterton

  8. #628
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains

    Quote Originally Posted by OldWorldOrder View Post
    Most people are the far left aren't really against "racism" per se, they're against the strong using their strength against the weak.

    I'm 32 years old. I was raised and told repeatedly not to judge people on the basis of their skin color, that racism was bad, etc. Now, as a 32 year old that doesn't hate the 'strong' (rich, majority, whatever), I find myself sometimes being called racist because I really don't care about the color of people's skins. I'm not going to be nicer to you because you're a minority or black or whatever. I just honestly don't give a **** whatsoever. That's how I was raised: not to judge people on the basis of their race. Apparently, there was an encoded message there that I was supposed to also get: support the weaker party no matter what. Well, I don't. If a poor black woman runs a red light and kills someone, I'm not going to give them the benefit of the doubt while I push to prosecute a rich white guy that did the same thing. I just don't care.

    To some people, that's 'racist'. Oh well.
    Actually Martin Luther King made a very deservedly famous wish similar to your own, well before you were born.

    His words and his Dream have been forgotten or ignored by many Leftists because it is to their advantage to make religion and race political issues.

  9. #629
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-26-14 @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,032

    Re: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains

    Quote Originally Posted by Zariak View Post
    Really, it's hard for the majority to understand. I'm only half-Asian, but that's enough for me to get perspective on both sides of the race argument. Whites really just don't understand because they will usually NEVER have the experience of being the minority.
    You should read about the beautiful life the whites had in south africa after apartheid ended. And still do. Thousands of muders, rapes and illegal taking of lands by the government. Ah, those are yearly.

  10. #630
    Sage
    OldWorldOrder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    10-12-15 @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,820

    Re: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Actually Martin Luther King made a very deservedly famous wish similar to your own, well before you were born.

    His words and his Dream have been forgotten or ignored by many Leftists because it is to their advantage to make religion and race political issues.
    It's not even just that, although you're right with regards to some people. It also has to do with the idea of fairness (this article is quite good: Obama, Romney and the War to Define Fairness, Moral Vision of America | TIME.com) and Nietzsche's idea of 'slave morality'. Some people just always root for the underdog, while other people appreciate that that adds excitement to sporting events and movies, but is incredibly impractical in real life. You're just always gonna root for the weaker party until....it becomes the stronger party, and then switch sides again? WTF? No, just apply standards consistently across the board, regardless of race, income, strength, whatever.
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected.
    -GK Chesterton

Page 63 of 72 FirstFirst ... 13536162636465 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •