Page 61 of 72 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast
Results 601 to 610 of 712

Thread: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains why

  1. #601
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    02-18-14 @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,660

    Re: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains

    Quote Originally Posted by ashurbanipal View Post

    Nearly as long. But by that logic, American Indians ought to be running the show.
    its called natural selection, it works every time.

  2. #602
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    its called natural selection, it works every time.
    there was a reason that when the europeans showed up in africa in their sailing ships, carrying firearms the africans met them in dugout canoes carrying pointy sticks
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  3. #603
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    yeah, there is no comparison between slavery and wholesale genocide.
    Wholesale genocide??? The native Americans fought a war for 300 years, but genocide was not what the invaders had in mind. If it was, the native American people would be gone. They wanted to convert them to Christianity etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    as for the stigma of being a black male....most of those so stigmatized these days bring it on themselves. maybe my perspective is skewed because I've spent most of my adult life in the military where the color of your skin is not a determining factor. My current Brigade CO (O6 Colonel) is a black man, our current HQ first sgt (master sgt) is a black man and I could give you a laundry list of senior NCOs and Officers in our brigade who are black men. none of them allowed being black to handicap them and keep them in the ghettos.
    What a moronic statement.

    Please point out where I said it was holding anyone back? Just because it exists, has no bearing on who or who is not held back by anything.

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    blaming a lack of success in today's society on the color of your skin is a cop-out.
    Please point out where I said this? Is strawman all you know?
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  4. #604
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Wholesale genocide??? The native Americans fought a war for 300 years, but genocide was not what the invaders had in mind. If it was, the native American people would be gone. They wanted to convert them to Christianity etc.
    unintended consequences are a bitch. how many "indians" were here when the white man showed up? and how many were left after that 300 years?



    What a moronic statement.

    Please point out where I said it was holding anyone back? Just because it exists, has no bearing on who or who is not held back by anything.
    well...if it's not holding them back....why bring it up? stigma usually implies negative consequences




    Please point out where I said this? Is strawman all you know?
    I never said you said it. forgive me for adding a general comment into my reply. next time I'll make a completely separate post just to add in that one sentence
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  5. #605
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    unintended consequences are a bitch. how many "indians" were here when the white man showed up? and how many were left after that 300 years?
    It was war. People die in war. This does not make it genocide.

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    well...if it's not holding them back....why bring it up? stigma usually implies negative consequences
    Holding back is a relative term. This however does not mean it does not exist, period.

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    I never said you said it. forgive me for adding a general comment into my reply. next time I'll make a completely separate post just to add in that one sentence
    Nice dodge. It was among the responses to my statements which you quoted. Not my fault you could not add a simple 2 word disclaimer to make it known it was a general statement. I guess that would be asking to much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  6. #606
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Holding back is a relative term. This however does not mean it does not exist, period.
    big ****ing whoop....lots of things "exist" ...period...what's your point? I live with the ... GASP... "stigma" of wearing glasses, being left handed, being from the south, being of mixed ancestry



    Nice dodge. It was among the responses to my statements which you quoted. Not my fault you could not add a simple 2 word disclaimer to make it known it was a general statement. I guess that would be asking to much.

    it was the very last sentence in my post...it was not a direct reply to anything you posted. butthurt much?
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  7. #607
    Is Idiot Supreme
    Davo The Mavo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    11-08-17 @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,999

    Re: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains

    Quote Originally Posted by dnsmith View Post
    I spent 27 years in the Army and your description is very accurate. Skin color is not a deterrent, not really in civilian society either. I have now been retired almost 25 years (come Feb) and in the south I see successful blacks as well. One of the biggest problems I have seen in the success of black men is the chip they seem to wear on their shoulder. Of course in the urban areas of the large northern cities that may not be true. I am sure the situation is exaggerated on TV, at least I hope it is. Otherwise it is time for them to come home to the south where the social climate is better.
    Based on the years in service and the years spent retired, that would put you enlisting right around 1960. Yet you did not see skin color as an issue. I enlisted in 1976, and I witnessed some very disturbing racial incidents, especially during the late 1970s and early 1980s. I won't call them race riots because there was usually no more than 20-30 people involved at the time. If everything was on point as it concerns racial issues, why is the racial make-up of the Infantry so very different than . . . I don't know . . . let's say, the Military Police, medical field, and nuclear field? Why are blacks more likely to be a Boatswains Mate (and they are really called "Deck Apes"to this day) and cooks rather than radar control techs? You will probably reply that it is their test scores holding them back . . . and that is about as true as it can get. We then have to ask why are the test scores so very different. You are completely right that skin color is no deterrent once in the service, I witnessed that myself. Afforded the same opportunities as white people, black people are just as successful as any other race. I also witnessed something a little disturbing from successful black people . . . a certain amount of prejudice towards other blacks who have not made it to their level of success. Some of the most prejudice people I know are successful black people looking down on other blacks. Prejudice still exists.

    I have been stationed in Alabama and Memphis, and I have to admit, there does not seem to be the open prejudice against blacks I see up here in the Chicagoland area. Most black people I know up here in the North, that have come from the South said the difference in the North is they are open about it . . . and apparently, at least according to them, they prefer it that way. My experiences are not every one's experience and I know that . . . I just thought I'd share my view in reply to your very respectful post.

  8. #608
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    both my parents were 50%. two of my grandparents were 100%
    You have your card?
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  9. #609
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    You have your card?
    never saw the need. unlike some people...I don't think that I deserve special treatment due to my ethnic background or because someone's ancestors mistreated my ancestors
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  10. #610
    Sage
    whysoserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Last Seen
    12-29-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,170

    Re: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    when 47% of the population is paying no taxes....how would you describe that...if it is not sucking off the govt teat? and since when is preparing for a worst case scenario paranoia?
    Funny that's it's not even corrects. It's not 47% of the population and it's not 47% paying no taxes.

    ****, it's your own ****ing party's talking point, I'd think you'd be able to get it right.
    Ted Cruz is the dumbest person alive.

Page 61 of 72 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •