Page 53 of 72 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast
Results 521 to 530 of 712

Thread: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains why

  1. #521
    Guru

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    4,483

    Re: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    You can pick and choose which violence is ok and which is not?
    That is precisely what you are doing. You've made it clear that you think that white-on-black crime 40 years ago justifies a victim mindset for 20 year old black men and women but black-on-white crime 10 years ago does not justify that same mindset for 20 year old white men and women. Yes, I can pick and choose which is more egregious because the motivation, extent, and level violence is completely different. A drunk college student throwing a couch over a balcony or burning a dumpster because his favorite football team lost is much different than targeting white people for violence because the police shot a wanted criminal.

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    You are racist because you say stupid things like only black people cause violent riots.
    If you can't tell the difference between drunk college students burning a dumpster in the street and the Cincinnati Riots then there's no hope for you.
    Last edited by Napoleon; 12-23-12 at 01:40 PM.

  2. #522
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    I think you are mixing up excuses with understanding. We all need to do a better job of understanding each other
    Telling anyone its okay to resent me for something I had nothing to do with is NOT acceptable.

    Period.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  3. #523
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    You are racist because you say stupid things like only black people cause violent riots.
    And here we go, perfect example of stuff I was talking about earlier.


    Can you explain to me how him saying stupid things like only black people cause violent riots makes him a racist?

    How is that comment evidence that he believes black people to be naturally inferior to any other race, or any other race to be naturally superior to those that are black?
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  4. #524
    Sage
    whysoserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Last Seen
    12-29-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,170

    Re: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains

    Quote Originally Posted by Napoleon View Post
    That is precisely what you are doing. You've made it clear that you think that white-on-black crime 40 years ago justifies a victim mindset for 20 year old black men and women but black-on-white crime 10 years ago does not justify that same mindset for 20 year old white men and women. Yes, I can pick and choose because the motivation, extent, and level violence is completely different. A drunk college student throwing a couch over a balcony or burning a dumpster because his favorite football team lost is much different than targeting white people for violence because the police shot a wanted criminal.
    The point is that white people can and have done it as well. You can't forget what we did 40 years ago because it was 40 years ago. And when the hell did I justify black people rioting and targeting white people? What the **** are you talking about?

    If 40 years is long enough to be forgiven, I guess we better start lowering jail sentences, eh Napoleon? "That **** doesn't count! It was 40 years ago!" What does that even mean?

    Quote Originally Posted by Napoleon View Post
    If you can't tell the difference between drunk college students burning a dumpster in the street and the Cincinnati Riots then there's no hope for you.
    Well, actually, they were throwing rocks and bottles - injuring 30 or so - but whatever.
    Ted Cruz is the dumbest person alive.

  5. #525
    Sage
    whysoserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Last Seen
    12-29-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,170

    Re: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    And here we go, perfect example of stuff I was talking about earlier.


    Can you explain to me how him saying stupid things like only black people cause violent riots makes him a racist?

    How is that comment evidence that he believes black people to be naturally inferior to any other race, or any other race to be naturally superior to those that are black?
    Well that's easy. Let's take a stroll to the dictionary:

    Racism - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary
    : racial prejudice or discrimination

    Prejudice[1] - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary
    preconceived judgment or opinion (2) : an adverse opinion or leaning formed without just grounds or before sufficient knowledge

    Seems to me that he has an illogical and racially preconceived judgment about black people with no "grounds or sufficient knowledge" on the subject. To say that only blacks riot, recently or not, is stupid and would be, by definition, racist.

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Telling anyone its okay to resent me for something I had nothing to do with is NOT acceptable.

    Period.
    I don't know that I ever said that. Please show me when I did.
    Ted Cruz is the dumbest person alive.

  6. #526
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 04:24 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,721

    Re: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    I think you are mixing up excuses with understanding. We all need to do a better job of understanding each other
    Let's be real about what people mean when they say something like that. Usually it means understanding what you think while you feel no obligation to try to understand others.

  7. #527
    Sage
    whysoserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Last Seen
    12-29-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,170

    Re: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Let's be real about what people mean when they say something like that. Usually it means understanding what you think while you feel no obligation to try to understand others.
    Whatever you say. I just think it's ridiculous to assume that the African American race, as a whole, should be completely impartial to the whole not having rights until a few decades ago thing. I don't know why people assume that means I think it's ok to hate, since I clearly never said that, but obviously - just as a sideline observer - you have to know that's not just going to be hunky-dory afterward.
    Ted Cruz is the dumbest person alive.

  8. #528
    Guru

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    4,483

    Re: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    The point is that white people can and have done it as well.
    Hardly the same.

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    You can't forget what we did 40 years ago because it was 40 years ago.
    "We" didn't do it; specific individuals did. The attitude that "we" are responsible for some crime against humanity 200 years ago based on nothing but the color of our skin is racist. I don't blame all black people for the Cincinnati Riots. Why are you trying to blame all white people for the 18th-19th century slave trade or an act of violence 40 years ago? I never said anyone had to forget it; I said that its not a valid excuse for underachievement. If CJ Walker, daughter of slaves, could become the first self-made millionairess in US history then whats their excuse for not even graduating from high school in 2012? We don't hear people like Jesse Jackson asking those questions. Instead, he runs his mouth about racist whitey and the vast conspiracy to keep blacks in poverty and people like you try to justify it.

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    Seems to me that he has an illogical and racially preconceived judgment about black people with no "grounds or sufficient knowledge" on the subject. To say that only blacks riot, recently or not, is stupid and would be, by definition, racist.
    Actually I have a mountain of statistical evidence which formed my judgement. But I suppose next you'll come up with some cockamamy story about statistics being fixed and the police being racists. Its a typical tactic; accuse people of being racists when the data doesn't support your views.
    Last edited by Napoleon; 12-23-12 at 02:12 PM.

  9. #529
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 04:24 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,721

    Re: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    Whatever you say. I just think it's ridiculous to assume that the African American race, as a whole, should be completely impartial to the whole not having rights until a few decades ago thing. I don't know why people assume that means I think it's ok to hate, since I clearly never said that, but obviously - just as a sideline observer - you have to know that's not just going to be hunky-dory afterward.
    If all you ever do is justify something, it's fair to assume that you support that thing, right?

  10. #530
    Sage
    whysoserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Last Seen
    12-29-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,170

    Re: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains

    Quote Originally Posted by Napoleon View Post
    Hardly the same.

    "We" didn't do it; specific individuals did. The attitude that "we" are responsible for some crime against humanity 200 years ago based on nothing but the color of our skin is racist. I don't blame all black people for the Cincinnati Riots. Why are you trying to blame all white people for the 18th-19th century slave trade or an act of violence 40 years ago? I never said anyone had to forget it; I said that its not a valid excuse for underachievement. If CJ Walker, daughter of slaves, could become the first self-made millionairess in US history then whats their excuse for not even graduating from high school in 2012? We don't hear people like Jesse Jackson asking those questions. Instead, he runs his mouth about racist whitey and the vast conspiracy to keep blacks in poverty and people like you try to justify it.

    Actually I have a mountain of statistical evidence which formed my judgement. But I suppose next you'll come up with some cockamamy story about statistics being fixed and the police being racists. Its a typical tactic; accuse people of being racists when the data doesn't support your views.
    None of what you said makes any sense. Yes, riots in the '60s are not the same as riots in the '90s and beyond. Yes, saying only blacks riot is not accusing "the entire black race", but pointing out that whites have done it is.

    Is this really your version of an argument?

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    If all you ever do is justify something, it's fair to assume that you support that thing, right?
    What exactly am I justifying?
    Ted Cruz is the dumbest person alive.

Page 53 of 72 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •