Page 52 of 72 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
Results 511 to 520 of 712

Thread: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains why

  1. #511
    Sage
    whysoserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Last Seen
    12-29-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,170

    Re: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains

    Quote Originally Posted by Napoleon View Post
    I'm not aware of any other group which has held an American city hostage to rioting, arson, looting, and violence in recent memory. Are you? I didn't see white people dragging innocent blacks out of their cars and beating them during the Cincinnati riots. Neither did I see mobs of white people throwing molotov cocktails at City Hall, storming city council meetings, looting downtown, burning down a 150 year old market, attempting to raid an arsenal, or threatening to violently invade a high school prom. I saw the opposite and, according to your logic, I'd be justified in teaching white children that black people are out to get them. Its people like YOU who keep this issue alive; by insisting that blacks should believe themselves to be victims of imagined racism and are justified in refusing to take responsibility for their own future.
    Here are some pictures of the Penn State riot:
    https://www.google.com/search?q=penn...O47p0QH9wIGQCw

    In fact, here is a list of riots in the US;
    List of incidents of civil unrest in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Why don't you read up, Johnny? Here are some that are not just a bunch of angry black people that you can judge that resulting injuries or death:

    Ford Hunger March
    5 dead

    Wilmington Riots
    Wilmington 10 remembered on 40th anniversary of riots | StarNewsOnline.com
    For the next five nights, gunshots rang out in the streets. Gangs of armed white extremists sped through black neighborhoods. White-owned businesses were firebombed.

    Before it ended, two people were dead. Property damage exceeded $500,000. Gov. Bob Scott sent 600 National Guardsmen and a 75-trooper riot squad from the N.C. Highway Patrol to Wilmington to help local police restore order.
    James Madison Riot
    Crowded off-campus party degenerates into 'war zone'
    That's a lot of white people. 30 injured.

    Care to rethink that racist attitude or will ignorance prevail with you? The force is strong, I can tell.
    Ted Cruz is the dumbest person alive.

  2. #512
    Sage
    whysoserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Last Seen
    12-29-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,170

    Re: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    It does if you stop excusing bad behavior on account of it.

    That is all I am asking, treat blacks like you would treat any white person when it comes to their opinion on people of another race. If they are intolerant, treat them like you would an intolerant white person.

    Think of it as an employee who is malingering or slacking or taking advantage of your niceness to get away with not doing some work. If you keep saying, Okay its okay... I understand it takes time to recover from your grandma you met once dying, etc, etc.... For some people, they will take advantage of an excuse as long as they possibly can. I've seen it every where I've gone.

    Its no different. Ideas on race relations have changed drastically in white households and continues to change as more adults become parents and raise their children to love all. The same can happen in black families as long as people drop the attitude.
    Is bad behavior excused? I wasn't aware of that. Are we not jailing blacks these days? Racism these days is hidden to back room discussions. The look over your should before you speak type discussions.

    And you can diminish the nurture aspect all you want, but it just speaks volumes to the rights inability to understand basic concepts that scientific minds have figured out long ago. It's not the grandmother you met once who knew her grandfather who was whipped and enslaved. It's the grandmother who raised your mother who raised you. And that mother was alive and at the riots in Alabama when black people tried to get an education with whites. What kind of faith do you think that woman would have in humanity? Why would you not expect there to be lingering effects?

    It's common sense man. Nobody is excusing anything. It's called using your ****ing head.
    Ted Cruz is the dumbest person alive.

  3. #513
    Sage
    whysoserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Last Seen
    12-29-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,170

    Re: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    So its evil ole whitey's fault that parents of current 20-30 year olds failed them by raising them to hate?

    Is it acceptable to do this when you are black, but when ignorant southern crackers raise their kids to hate negros it on par with child abuse?
    That's a bunch of hyperbole. Who is talking about hate? As I recall, this thread was about Jamie Foxx being racially sensitive.

    Jesus you people watch too much Fox News. It's one logical fallacy after another.
    Ted Cruz is the dumbest person alive.

  4. #514
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    Racism these days is hidden to back room discussions. The look over your should before you speak type discussions.
    That individuals have, and will continue to have. You are not going to stop individuals from being racist. Its going to happen. However, excusing black on white race resentment publicly, allowing blacks to be resentful and open with their resentment of whites without forcing THEM as well to have "back room discussions" is only going to breed more racial resentment from whites.

    And you can diminish the nurture aspect all you want, but it just speaks volumes to the rights inability to understand basic concepts that scientific minds have figured out long ago. It's not the grandmother you met once who knew her grandfather who was whipped and enslaved. It's the grandmother who raised your mother who raised you. And that mother was alive and at the riots in Alabama when black people tried to get an education with whites. What kind of faith do you think that woman would have in humanity? Why would you not expect there to be lingering effects?
    And yet, the same lingering effects will be had on a white kid who grew up in a majority black neighborhood, surrounded by the kids who were raised by these parents in a social atmosphere where society says, "Its okay for blacks to resent white people, we understand", and where because of this, all the black kids beat up the cracker and talked **** about him, and made him feel like crap. So he and his 2 other white kids in the neighborhood grow up to hate black people, and raise kids who hate black people, etc, etc.


    It's common sense man. Nobody is excusing anything. It's called using your ****ing head.
    Until resentful blacks are looked upon like any white person who uses the word nigger......Then yes their behavior is being excused.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  5. #515
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    That's a bunch of hyperbole. Who is talking about hate? As I recall, this thread was about Jamie Foxx being racially sensitive.

    Jesus you people watch too much Fox News. It's one logical fallacy after another.

    Funny.

    This thread long ago stopped being about Jaimie Fox being sensitive.

    Yet every time a liberal gets backed into a corner on the issue of being an apologist for black racial resentment, they jump back to Jamie Fox and his sensitivity.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  6. #516
    Sage
    whysoserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Last Seen
    12-29-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,170

    Re: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Funny.

    This thread long ago stopped being about Jaimie Fox being sensitive.

    Yet every time a liberal gets backed into a corner on the issue of being an apologist for black racial resentment, they jump back to Jamie Fox and his sensitivity.
    That's what I was replying to. Sorry if you tried to derail the thread. Should you get back on topic?

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    That individuals have, and will continue to have. You are not going to stop individuals from being racist. Its going to happen. However, excusing black on white race resentment publicly, allowing blacks to be resentful and open with their resentment of whites without forcing THEM as well to have "back room discussions" is only going to breed more racial resentment from whites.

    And yet, the same lingering effects will be had on a white kid who grew up in a majority black neighborhood, surrounded by the kids who were raised by these parents in a social atmosphere where society says, "Its okay for blacks to resent white people, we understand", and where because of this, all the black kids beat up the cracker and talked **** about him, and made him feel like crap. So he and his 2 other white kids in the neighborhood grow up to hate black people, and raise kids who hate black people, etc, etc.

    Until resentful blacks are looked upon like any white person who uses the word nigger......Then yes their behavior is being excused.
    Well, first of all, you compared resentful black folks to the word nigger. There is your first logical fallacy. You can't compare feelings to a word.

    You think black people can just walk around at work being racist? That's ridiculous. Racism is back room everywhere and for everyone. It's just not acceptable anymore. Kanye West got made fun of for years for his "George Bush doesn't care about black people" comment. Tracy Morgan got in hot water for going off on gays.

    The right-wing is the most persecuted, whiny ****ing group of all time. OMG WAR CHRISTMAS. OMG BLACK PEOPLE HATE WHITES. OMG CHRISTIANITY ISN'T THE ONLY FAITH PEOPLE CARE ABOUT. Jesus Christ.

    *Edit:

    And of course, yeah, your little tale would have an effect on the white kid. That's exactly what I am talking about. It's a reverberating effect that will take who knows how long to heal. Hopefully one day it will. But one lifetime surely isn't enough, and I hope you aren't sincerely suggesting that.
    Ted Cruz is the dumbest person alive.

  7. #517
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    That's what I was replying to. Sorry if you tried to derail the thread. Should you get back on topic?



    Well, first of all, you compared resentful black folks to the word nigger. There is your first logical fallacy. You can't compare feelings to a word.

    You think black people can just walk around at work being racist? That's ridiculous. Racism is back room everywhere and for everyone. It's just not acceptable anymore. Kanye West got made fun of for years for his "George Bush doesn't care about black people" comment. Tracy Morgan got in hot water for going off on gays.

    The right-wing is the most persecuted, whiny ****ing group of all time. OMG WAR CHRISTMAS. OMG BLACK PEOPLE HATE WHITES. OMG CHRISTIANITY ISN'T THE ONLY FAITH PEOPLE CARE ABOUT. Jesus Christ.

    *Edit:

    And of course, yeah, your little tale would have an effect on the white kid. That's exactly what I am talking about. It's a reverberating effect that will take who knows how long to heal. Hopefully one day it will. But one lifetime surely isn't enough, and I hope you aren't sincerely suggesting that.
    I know it won't take one lifetime....

    But like with the pity party malingering employee....... the black community won't have any incentive to "get over it" any faster if the rest of us keep saying, "Its okay, we understand why you feel resentful towards whites and we understand and its okay for you to feel that way".
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  8. #518
    Guru

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    4,488

    Re: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    Here are some pictures of the Penn State riot: In fact, here is a list of riots in the US
    Out of control college block parties are a far cry from the Cincinnati Riots.

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    Wilmington Riots
    I said recent not 40 years ago.

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    Care to rethink that racist attitude or will ignorance prevail with you? The force is strong, I can tell.
    And here we are ladies and gentleman. Its okay for a black kid to hate white people because of something that happened 200 years ago, its wrong for a white kid to hate black people because of something that happened 10 years ago, and I'm a racist because I want blacks to find better role models than drug dealers, gangsters, and those who encourage them to blame white people for their problems and demonize successful blacks as race traitors.
    Last edited by Napoleon; 12-23-12 at 01:26 PM.

  9. #519
    Sage
    whysoserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Last Seen
    12-29-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,170

    Re: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    I know it won't take one lifetime....

    But like with the pity party malingering employee....... the black community won't have any incentive to "get over it" any faster if the rest of us keep saying, "Its okay, we understand why you feel resentful towards whites and we understand and its okay for you to feel that way".
    I think you are mixing up excuses with understanding. We all need to do a better job of understanding each other
    Ted Cruz is the dumbest person alive.

  10. #520
    Sage
    whysoserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Last Seen
    12-29-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,170

    Re: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains

    Quote Originally Posted by Napoleon View Post
    Out of control college block parties are a far cry from the Cincinnati Riots.

    I said recent not 40 years ago.

    And here we are ladies and gentleman. Its okay for a black kid to hate white people because of something that happened 200 years ago, its wrong for a white kid to hate black people because of something that happened 10 years ago, and I'm a racist because I want blacks to find better role models than drug dealers, gangsters, and those who encourage them to blame white people for their problems and demonize successful blacks as race traitors.
    You can pick and choose which violence is ok and which is not? You can choose which years to count and which to not? How is 12 years ago and 20 years ago any different from 40 years ago? And please, show me where I said any of that nonsense about it being ok for black people to hate white people. Can you read?

    No, you aren't racist because you want black people to find better role models. You are racist because you say stupid things like only black people cause violent riots.
    Ted Cruz is the dumbest person alive.

Page 52 of 72 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •