Page 45 of 72 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast
Results 441 to 450 of 712

Thread: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains why

  1. #441
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains

    Quote Originally Posted by iliveonramen View Post
    So racism doesn't exist? Stereotyping of certain races don't exist? I just want to see where you're coming from because this idea that we're one big happy melting pot is on it's face bull**** and based on studies bull****.
    Individuals of ALL races are racist.

    There is VERY MINIMAL "institutionalized" racism in America. In select areas maybe, and even that is on its way to being phased out for sure.

    I don't go around being bitter about **** that happened to the Irish in the past that I never experienced. Nor should blacks from my generation be bitter about **** that they never experienced either.

    You will NEVER eliminate racism from all individuals.

    Using the excuse that blacks were treated like absolute **** in the past to excuse a 25 year old whitey hating black kid is just not acceptable anymore. Im sick of the PC crowd acting like this is "OK". This attitude does NOTHING to help eliminate the remaining vestiges of racist thought and action. It breeds resentment, which breeds more racist individuals.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  2. #442
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains

    Quote Originally Posted by iliveonramen View Post
    So racism doesn't exist? Stereotyping of certain races don't exist? I just want to see where you're coming from because this idea that we're one big happy melting pot is on it's face bull**** and based on studies bull****.
    from my experience in the military...on a personal one on one basis people tend to be able to get along with each other, so in that sense we are one big happy melting pot. the problem comes from douchebag idiots from all sides who are ignorant and uninformed.

    there are people I like and people I dislike for all races, colors and creeds. only the ignorant lump everyone of a particular race into one basket and try to stereotype them.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  3. #443
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Individuals of ALL races are racist.

    There is VERY MINIMAL "institutionalized" racism in America. In select areas maybe, and even that is on its way to being phased out for sure.

    I don't go around being bitter about **** that happened to the Irish in the past that I never experienced. Nor should blacks from my generation be bitter about **** that they never experienced either.

    You will NEVER eliminate racism from all individuals.

    Using the excuse that blacks were treated like absolute **** in the past to excuse a 25 year old whitey hating black kid is just not acceptable anymore. Im sick of the PC crowd acting like this is "OK". This attitude does NOTHING to help eliminate the remaining vestiges of racist thought and action. It breeds resentment, which breeds more racist individuals.
    exactly.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  4. #444
    Pontificator
    iliveonramen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    On a Gravy Train with Biscuit Wheels
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    9,213

    Re: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Individuals of ALL races are racist.

    There is VERY MINIMAL "institutionalized" racism in America. In select areas maybe, and even that is on its way to being phased out for sure.
    .
    PC crowd? What does this have with the PC crowd? Where exactly did Jamie Foxx say he "hate's whitey"?

    It seems like there's a lot of projection going on here. He stated he's sensitive to racism and you turn it into some post about him hating whitey.
    “Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of everyone.” John Maynard Keynes

  5. #445
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains

    Quote Originally Posted by iliveonramen View Post
    PC crowd? What does this have with the PC crowd? Where exactly did Jamie Foxx say he "hate's whitey"?

    It seems like there's a lot of projection going on here. He stated he's sensitive to racism and you turn it into some post about him hating whitey.
    How about you respond to everything instead of trying to completely ignore the point of my post?

    Is Jaimie Fox 25 years old? No. He isn't. So I obviously wasn't referring to Jaimie Fox. I was answering your questions with my thoughts on the issue. Your questions were not "Jaimie Fox" specific now were they?

    So when you get an answer to your questions that makes you cringe because You have no good response to it, you come at me like I am talking about Jaimie Fox in my response to a Non-Jaimie Fox related line of questioning.

    Classic avoidance tactics.


    Do you have any comments on my actual response or are you just going to deflect more?
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  6. #446
    Pontificator
    iliveonramen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    On a Gravy Train with Biscuit Wheels
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    9,213

    Re: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    from my experience in the military...on a personal one on one basis people tend to be able to get along with each other, so in that sense we are one big happy melting pot. the problem comes from douchebag idiots from all sides who are ignorant and uninformed.

    there are people I like and people I dislike for all races, colors and creeds. only the ignorant lump everyone of a particular race into one basket and try to stereotype them.
    Sure I would agree with you.

    I would definately agree with you regarding military life. I'd like to point out that the military was active in reversing the imbalance created by segregation of the armed forces and racism.

    My point was that I can understand how a black man is more sensitive to race than a white man.
    “Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of everyone.” John Maynard Keynes

  7. #447
    Pontificator
    iliveonramen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    On a Gravy Train with Biscuit Wheels
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    9,213

    Re: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    How about you respond to everything instead of trying to completely ignore the point of my post?

    Is Jaimie Fox 25 years old? No. He isn't. So I obviously wasn't referring to Jaimie Fox. I was answering your questions with my thoughts on the issue. Your questions were not "Jaimie Fox" specific now were they?

    So when you get an answer to your questions that makes you cringe because You have no good response to it, you come at me like I am talking about Jaimie Fox in my response to a Non-Jaimie Fox related line of questioning.

    Classic avoidance tactics.


    Do you have any comments on my actual response or are you just going to deflect more?
    I was responding to the op that posted Jamie Foxx's comment. I'm not going to argue against a case of a hypothetical "whitey hating" black male.

    I specifically stated that I could understand how a black individual could be more sensitive to race than a white individuals which is exactly what I stated. That has nothing to do with someone that is black hating people of other races and attributing it to his past. It has everything to do with someone that's black recognizing racism or stereotyping easier than someone that's white.
    “Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of everyone.” John Maynard Keynes

  8. #448
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains

    Quote Originally Posted by iliveonramen View Post
    I was responding to the op that posted Jamie Foxx's comment. I'm not going to argue against a case of a hypothetical "whitey hating" black male.

    I specifically stated that I could understand how a black individual could be more sensitive to race than a white individuals which is exactly what I stated. That has nothing to do with someone that is black hating people of other races and attributing it to his past. It has everything to do with someone that's black recognizing racism or stereotyping easier than someone that's white.
    Racism is Racism.

    Regardless of who it is from or who it is against. One "direction" of racism between races is no worse than another "direction" of racism between races. Regardless of "history".

    It is just as easy for a white person to recognize racism from another race towards them than it is for a black person to recognize racism from another race towards them.


    Viewing racism as worse or "different" when applied to certain races is the reason why we have people who find it acceptable to walk around with the "victim" chip on their shoulder. Patronizing people with the "victim" chip on their shoulder is how we spread resentment..... and further, more individual racism.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  9. #449
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains

    BTW....

    A more on topic comment dealing with the stereotype bull**** from the OP...


    Nobody has explained what the connection is with the Ritz crackers and cheese and black people and stereotypes........

    Must bet a new one....... in an ever increasing field of taboo subjects or items around black people.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  10. #450
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains

    Quote Originally Posted by iliveonramen View Post
    My point was that I can understand how a black man is more sensitive to race than a white man.
    and my point is that i can understand how a white man is put off over the black man's sensitivity about something that he had nothing to do with. tis a vicious circle. black man distrusts white man because of how some white man ancestors treated blacks in the past. white man is pissed at black man because black man distrusts him over something he personally had nothing to do with.


    i just find it interesting that most native americans don't seem to have that same racial sensitivty and their ancestors were treated much worse than the blacks
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

Page 45 of 72 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •