Page 43 of 72 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast
Results 421 to 430 of 712

Thread: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains why

  1. #421
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Last Seen
    03-27-13 @ 03:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    173

    Re: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains

    "Racism" is inherent and part of the evolutionary process in which beneficial traits are preserved within a variety.

    Google "racism in infants" for a shot of reality.

  2. #422
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains

    Quote Originally Posted by Longstreet View Post
    "Racism" is inherent and part of the evolutionary process in which beneficial traits are preserved within a variety.

    Google "racism in infants" for a shot of reality.
    That is not racism, that is being familiar with one thing and a fear of the unknown in children. They are also afraid of the dark and many other things. Does this mean a fear of the dark is inherent and passed down via evolution as well? Where the hell are all the racist coming from?
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  3. #423
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains

    I think part of the problem in this thread is people misunderstand. Institutionalized racism is not so much a problem anymore. In fact I can go out on a limb here and say it is for the most part a non issue. However our society has a huge problem with racism on an individual level. This is the problem we are seeing more of today from every racial designation.

    The media in all it's forms is a huge part of the problem. We have access to information instantly. Faster than any time before in human history. It makes things look much darker than they actually are. Many other reasons play into this as well. The aforementioned is just one example.

    It seems to me as we advance in technology and continue to accelerate, we as a people seem to revert back to tight nit social constructs such as race for safety and security.

    This is just my hypothesis, but I have a feeling it is probably not far from the truth.

    Sorry for re-posting this. I want to see some reply's dammit.
    Last edited by Black Dog; 12-18-12 at 09:25 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  4. #424
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    I think part of the problem in this thread is people misunderstand. Institutionalized racism is not so much a problem anymore. In fact I can go out on a limb here and say it is for the most part a non issue. However our society has a huge problem with racism on an individual level. This is the problem we are seeing more of today from every racial designation.

    The media in all it's forms is a huge part of the problem. We have access to information instantly. Faster than any time before in human history. It makes things look much darker than they actually are. Many other reasons play into this as well. The aforementioned is just one example.

    It seems to me as we advance in technology and continue to accelerate, we as a people seem to revert back to tight nit social constructs such as race for safety and security.

    This is just my hypothesis, but I have a feeling it is probably not far from the truth.

    Sorry for re-posting this. I want to see some reply's dammit.
    All I can give you is a "Like" as I agree, and have been saying similar stuff for a while.





    Only when I say it..... Im a racism apologist..... and a closet racist...


    Thats because I am white.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  5. #425
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    All I can give you is a "Like" as I agree, and have been saying similar stuff for a while.





    Only when I say it..... Im a racism apologist..... and a closet racist...


    Thats because I am white.
    No, it's because you are ugly, lol. Just kidding. Yea I hear ya man. It is a sad statement on PC run wild.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  6. #426
    ThunderCougarFalconBird
    roughdraft274's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,068

    Re: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    The leftwing hero is a bonafide modern day racist.
    You don't get to decide who is a leftwing hero. Mainly because you have no idea what you're talking about. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    uh that is so small as to be stupid. Do you want registration? given less than 3% of criminals get their guns from private sales, its pretty much a waste of resources
    **Thirty Minutes Later**
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you are confused. I never denied that many criminals get guns in private sales.

  7. #427
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The anals of history
    Last Seen
    07-25-15 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,348

    Re: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    I think part of the problem in this thread is people misunderstand. Institutionalized racism is not so much a problem anymore. In fact I can go out on a limb here and say it is for the most part a non issue. However our society has a huge problem with racism on an individual level. This is the problem we are seeing more of today from every racial designation.

    The media in all it's forms is a huge part of the problem. We have access to information instantly. Faster than any time before in human history. It makes things look much darker than they actually are. Many other reasons play into this as well. The aforementioned is just one example.

    It seems to me as we advance in technology and continue to accelerate, we as a people seem to revert back to tight nit social constructs such as race for safety and security.

    This is just my hypothesis, but I have a feeling it is probably not far from the truth.

    Sorry for re-posting this. I want to see some reply's dammit.
    I think you have two types of racists. First, you have the angry racist. This is your overt, KKK joining, militant racist. These are the easiest to point out, because when you're burning a cross in someone's front lawn, it's pretty obvious what you're about.

    The second type of racist is more obscure, but there are a LOT more of them. This person believes, either wholly or partly, that one race is superior to another. One person might believe that whites are naturally more intelligent. Another might believe that blacks are better athletes. Some of these people speak their beliefs, others keep quiet.

    These people are not necessarily militant or anything, but their beliefs are racist nonetheless. This is a much more deeply rooted problem, and frankly, I don't think it is one that will ever be solved no matter how much society evolves.

  8. #428
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    And there you have it. The leftwing hero is a bonafide modern day racist.
    I think this quote says it all

    'I come into this place to do a photo shoot and they got Ritz crackers and cheese.

    'I'll be like, ain't this a b***h. Y'all didn't know black people was coming.'

    In the same vein he explained that if he turned up to the photo shoot and there was fried chicken and watermelon, he would also be annoyed at the stereotype.
    Jamie also admitted that he feels that he must act and talk in a certain way around white people and in his day-to-day job as an actor.
    no matter what he is going to be annoyed/offended
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  9. #429
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    That is not racism, that is being familiar with one thing and a fear of the unknown in children. They are also afraid of the dark and many other things. Does this mean a fear of the dark is inherent and passed down via evolution as well? Where the hell are all the racist coming from?
    I think many things are inherent and passed down via evolution. fear of the dark and heights are classic examples. for our primitive ancestors, the dark held many dangers from nocturnal predators and falling from a tree put them at risk from ground based predators. as far as 'racism'..not really sure but the fear/distrust of others not like yourself could be evolutionary as well (a stranger could very well be a scout from a nearby tribe looking to take over your cave, etc)

    not saying that makes it right/acceptable, but it does indicate that it could be understandable
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  10. #430
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains

    So if a white person was having a party and there was for whatever reason watermelon or fried chicken present he would be annoyed? Lol, butthurt much?

Page 43 of 72 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •