Page 33 of 72 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 330 of 712

Thread: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains why

  1. #321
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,549

    Re: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman05 View Post
    1) there were parts of Africa where people hadn't invented the wheel yet. Yes, there were countries in west africa which grew rich through the slave trade. African kings and warlords were the foremost players in the slave trade, providing the "merchandise" in massive numbers in order to acquire wealth to fund their armies which in turn, would raid more and make more slaves.

    2) Yes. Well, European nations which had slavery had abolished it a few decades before that which is why I said, almost 2 centuries. And thanks to the colonial empires of some European nations, slavery was ended almost worldwide. The civil rights movement in the USA was a long time coming, but blacks were represented in Congress and had men who could make laws. It is an equal failure on both the sides of the black community and the white community in the US that only in the 1960's had true equal rights been observed for the black minority. But lets not forget that even before the black civil liberation movement, there were organization that fought for blacks, like the NAACP which was founded decades before MLK Jr started his legacy.

    3) think what you will. NAACP, affirmative action... they exist. You have no argument there. In my opinion, there is no reason why companies should cater to racial groups in the first place.

    4) More on this later, point 7). You can either accept that racism is mostly BS on institutional level and that all the crybabies on TV complaining about racism in every day of their lives about how racism messes with every single thing in their lives... from photoshoots (article) to how they have to act around white people.

    Also, this isn't about you.

    5) More on this on point 7), your objections are noted and will be addressed there.

    6) yep. so, this is the end of this point.

    7) OK. So I had this conversation with others before and therefore, you are either refusing to think about what I wrote, or you are just too stubborn.

    Lets see.

    Despite the fact that these statements are true
    A) There are prominent blacks in all aspects of public life (government, congress, etc)
    B) There are prominent blacks in all aspect of intellectual life (thomas sowell, Neil degrasse tyson, the most popular ones)
    C) There are prominent blacks in sports (you name it)
    D) There are prominent blacks in business (CEO of Mcdonalds and Xerox-> its even a black woman)
    E) There are prominent blacks in showbis, the most liberal environemnt in the world.
    F) Everywhere in general... you can find prominent blacks
    -
    G) Despite the fact that there are huge penalties for a person who displays racism (you can lose your job), people still display racist attitudes and take on the stigma which haunts people for ages. An example is even with the most loved of people, Ron Paul, was hounded by statements that were considered racist from over 30 years ago. This stigma never leaves you and there are huge consequences.
    -
    Because they are. You cannot question the reality that these statements are true.

    Yet we have evidence of racism everywhere. You pointed the example where those people posted on twitter to get then nigger out of office. Great. This is another example that just goes enforces the theory I presented in the above statement, which is G)

    Therefore. If all statements above are true, which they are... then the only logical conclusion is the one i made.

    That in fact, racism is a deep part of what it means to be a human. It is embedded so deep in our DNA that like any other natural thing we feel, hunger, cold, etc, it cannot be suppressed no matter how much ideology and public pressure there is. Therefore, attacking racism is in fact attacking the very essence of humanity. It is like blaming people because they get hungry or cold. No different. Otherwise, if it race were a "social construct", it could be destroyed by social means.

    It is no different then bootlegging was in the 1920's with alcohol prohibition. A lot of people became bootleggers back then because there was such a demand. The social construct called "alcohol smuggler" was created and to fight it, you had prohibition agents. But once you abolished prohibition, there was no incentive to do smuggling of alcohol and the social construct known as "alcohol smuggler" ended and so did the fight against it.

    So, in the past, when racism wasn't penalized, the social construct of "race' was beneficial to people and there was incentive to keep it. But now, because "racist" is such a detrimental stigma on a person, there should be no more incentive to be a racist and hence, the social construct should no longer exist. And racism should no longer exist... if it is a social construct... and add to that the fact that the world we live in, the mindset, the ideology is very strong AGAINST racism. Therefore, since racism still exists, we must accept that it is a force STRONGER than any ideology and it is NOT a social construct. And the only thing that can explain this is that it is part and parcel of human nature. that it is in fact crucial... or a vital part of humanity that it cannot be ignore, repressed or supressed for long periods of time because it will arise despite being penalized for showing racism. Just like you can starve yourself in time, racism can also be held donw... controlled. but because it is such a powerful part of humanity, it will always rise up and take hold.

    Therefore, if you agree with the notion that there is still racism, again, despite EVERYTHING being against it, then we must accept that racism is part of us and can NEVER be diminished or destroyed under the current circumstances. And to fight against racism or to condemn racism is actually to condemn the very core humanity. All humanity.

    So what will your stance be.
    I already covered most of this. You are just repeating yourself at this point. Racism exists and it is a cultural phenomenon that is not going away anytime soon.

    Your reasoning is flawed because a black person being successful is not a factor in racism. Blacks were successful prior to the civil rights movement through hard work etc. You are completely and utterly blinded by your own bigotry in this. I mean look at your own comments like "think what you will. NAACP, affirmative action... they exist. You have no argument there. So because of affirmative action laws and the NAACP, the racism I experienced directly and still do is invalid? What kind of moronic crap is that?

    Every black person on this forum including the stanchest black conservative can tell you racism is alive and well in the US. The fact that you want to deny this because some blacks are successful is absolutely stupefying, I mean really.

    You need to get a grip on reality and stop pretending racism just vanished because Obama was elected.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  2. #322
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-26-14 @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,032

    Re: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    I already covered most of this. You are just repeating yourself at this point. Racism exists and it is a cultural phenomenon that is not going away anytime soon.

    Your reasoning is flawed because a black person being successful is not a factor in racism. Blacks were successful prior to the civil rights movement through hard work etc. You are completely and utterly blinded by your own bigotry in this. I mean look at your own comments like "think what you will. NAACP, affirmative action... they exist. You have no argument there. So because of affirmative action laws and the NAACP, the racism I experienced directly and still do is invalid? What kind of moronic crap is that?

    Every black person on this forum including the stanchest black conservative can tell you racism is alive and well in the US. The fact that you want to deny this because some blacks are successful is absolutely stupefying, I mean really.

    You need to get a grip on reality and stop pretending racism just vanished because Obama was elected.
    It is not bigotry at all. And your personal experiences are of no consequence to this discussion. It is not about you. Stop making it about you.

    Secondly, the fact that there are successful black people is proof that nobody is holding people down. the white man is not holding the black man down. People rise to the top and fall down to the bottom mostly based on who they are as people, not as what race they are.

    Thirdly, this is exactly my point. That racism exists and is alive and well because it is an integral part of human nature if you believe the above statements to be true. And therefore, you can never get rid of racism because racism is embedded deep within each and every human being, of any race, on the planet. A fight against racism is a fight against humanity itself. This is explained all in the above comment i made. It is therefore not a cultural phenomenon, but an inherent human phenomenon.

  3. #323
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,549

    Re: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman05 View Post
    It is not bigotry at all. And your personal experiences are of no consequence to this discussion. It is not about you. Stop making it about you.
    I am not making it about me. It is however about the things I and many other blacks experience. My experiences are nothing more than an example.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman05 View Post
    Secondly, the fact that there are successful black people is proof that nobody is holding people down. the white man is not holding the black man down. People rise to the top and fall down to the bottom mostly based on who they are as people, not as what race they are.
    No one including the article said anything about any white person holding anyone down, except YOU.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman05 View Post
    Thirdly, this is exactly my point. That racism exists and is alive and well because it is an integral part of human nature if you believe the above statements to be true.
    Hogwash. Because black people have become successful has nothing at all to do with racism, period. It is not the cause or relevant to success.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman05 View Post
    And therefore, you can never get rid of racism because racism is embedded deep within each and every human being, of any race, on the planet. A fight against racism is a fight against humanity itself. This is explained all in the above comment i made. It is therefore not a cultural phenomenon, but an inherent human phenomenon.
    So in other words you believe your racism is born? I have some bad news for you, you are just a racist because you want to be. Racism is not born, it is taught. It is no more a part of human nature than liking a specific car etc.

    Wow, just wow. Go back to stormfront. Maybe they will except your harebrained excuse to be racist.

    PS I am not racist, a majority of the folks here appear to be well adjusted and not racist. So no, again hogwash.
    Last edited by Black Dog; 12-16-12 at 09:28 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  4. #324
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,635

    Re: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    You didn't read the article. First he runs around acting white or acting black, then he makes his living off of acting the stereotype. He bitches and perpetuates it. Bitches about fried chicken, well I happen to like it.
    An excuse to criticize Foxx at best. How many times has a 'conservative' reminded the rest of us that actors and comedians are just playing a part. We shouldn't believe the part they play is the real person. I suppose any actor portraying a stereotype can't criticize society continuing to feed that stereotype to the PERSON? Carroll O'Connor can't criticize bigoted white men. Rod Steiger can't criticize the segregationist South because he won national fame as an 'old school' southern sheriff? No 'villain' can criticize violence?

    Weak Tea at best...

  5. #325
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-26-14 @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,032

    Re: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    I am not making it about me. It is however about the things I and many other blacks experience. My experiences are nothing more than an example.

    No one including the article said anything about any white person holding anyone down, except YOU.

    Hogwash. Because black people have become successful has nothing at all to do with racism, period. It is not the cause or relevant to success.

    So in other words you believe your racism is born? I have some bad news for you, you are just a racist because you want to be. Racism is not born, it is taught. It is no more a part of human nature than liking a specific car etc.

    Wow, just wow. Go back to stormfront. Maybe they will except your harebrained excuse to be racist.
    So, your experiences are universal? You are a spokesperson for the black community then. <sarcasm>

    Also. you are triviliazing a complex issue, which is why it is still an issue.

    Unlike you, I am not stating anything to a certainty. I am just providing context and theories.

    You are the one who apparently, is either unable to understand complex ideas or is unwilling to. Either way, it is not good for you. And not good for the conversation.

    Do go back and read the comments we had. I have clearly stated that if the things I wrote nicely in A B C D... etc are true. Then the only logical conclusion is that which I made. I have never stated that I agree with the theories I put forward. They are just logical conclusions. Your replies have proven to me that you are unable to understand them and thus, can only ignore them or trivialize them, both courses of actions lead to your discrediting as a serious debater.
    Add that to the fact you are constantly making it about "me" and "you" when such a debate should be about ideas and the way they are implemented in public. You are even now returning to the same "silver bullet" strategy of calling me a racist because you cannot come up with a viable alternative to what is happening. You cannot explain it. You are criticizing the "status quo" of racial relations and provide no notions as to why it exists. It cannot be something that is taught because if it is something that is taught then the social climate is against you. Racism and racists are criticized and persecuted every single time in social and public life. it is discouraged. yet it persists. Therefore, the logical conclusion is that the root of racism is something stronger than just mindset... then just teaching. And the only thing stronger than ideology is the natural human condition.

    If you cannot come up with serious replies and arguments for your position, then I shall have no alternative but to discredit you further as a weak, pathetic debater who is not any further worth my time.

  6. #326
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,549

    Re: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman05 View Post
    So, your experiences are universal? You are a spokesperson for the black community then. <sarcasm>
    Yea that's exactly what I said. Nice strawman though.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman05 View Post
    Also. you are triviliazing a complex issue, which is why it is still an issue.
    Complex? COMPLEX? It's no more complex than you think your race is superior/inferior, that's it. Nothing complex about that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman05 View Post
    Unlike you, I am not stating anything to a certainty. I am just providing context and theories.
    This is not a statement of theory, it is a statement of fact...

    Thirdly, this is exactly my point. That racism exists and is alive and well because it is an integral part of human nature if you believe the above statements to be true. And therefore, you can never get rid of racism because racism is embedded deep within each and every human being, of any race, on the planet. A fight against racism is a fight against humanity itself. This is explained all in the above comment i made. It is therefore not a cultural phenomenon, but an inherent human phenomenon. - Rainman05

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman05 View Post
    You are the one who apparently, is either unable to understand complex ideas or is unwilling to. Either way, it is not good for you. And not good for the conversation.
    I understand them perfectly and they are crap.

    #1 Race is a social construct
    #2 Racism is a learned response, not inherent.

    Your "factually" stated "theory" is bull****, wrong, not correct according to modern science...

    There are some psychiatrists pioneering the study that racism is a psychiatric disorder however, in general most agree that racism is a learned behavior especially since an individual learns this belief system under a social context. - http://www.essayjoint.co.uk/samples/...20Behavior.pdf

    Racism is quite a hot topic, and isn't likely to go away anytime soon.

    The following is a true story:

    A white young boy, John, of about five years old came in and told his mother, "I don't like black people."

    The mother was somewhat surprised as her best friend, Sarah, was a black lady and her son, Todd, played together all the time.

    The mother asked John, "what about Todd?" John's friend.

    John didn't say anything - remember; he's five (5).

    The mother asked John, "what about Ms. Sarah?"

    John thought for a moment and he didn't say anything. (He's 5 years old) It was as though he was thinking about his friend and his friend's mother without realizing that their skin color was different from his.

    Upon further investigation, John told his mother that he'd heard the people next door say bad things about black people.

    Now what does that tell you!!

    Taught through a learned behavior?

    Or

    Inherent behavior?
    - Racism - Learned Behavior Or Inherent Behavior?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman05 View Post
    Do go back and read the comments we had. I have clearly stated that if the things I wrote nicely in A B C D... etc are true. Then the only logical conclusion is that which I made. I have never stated that I agree with the theories I put forward. They are just logical conclusions. Your replies have proven to me that you are unable to understand them and thus, can only ignore them or trivialize them, both courses of actions lead to your discrediting as a serious debater.
    This is not a logical conclusion. That is the problem, the causation/correlation does not exist between success and racism. So the only conclusion I can come to is you want to justify racism as inborn, thus justifying your own racism.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman05 View Post
    Add that to the fact you are constantly making it about "me" and "you" when such a debate should be about ideas and the way they are implemented in public.
    You are the one doing such...

    Then the only logical conclusion is that which I made. - Rainman05

    Then you say my examples are somehow me. Sorry it's all you man.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman05 View Post
    You are even now returning to the same "silver bullet" strategy of calling me a racist because you cannot come up with a viable alternative to what is happening. You cannot explain it. You are criticizing the "status quo" of racial relations and provide no notions as to why it exists. It cannot be something that is taught because if it is something that is taught then the social climate is against you. Racism and racists are criticized and persecuted every single time in social and public life. it is discouraged. yet it persists. Therefore, the logical conclusion is that the root of racism is something stronger than just mindset... then just teaching. And the only thing stronger than ideology is the natural human condition.
    Because you will not accept that your conclusion is not only wrong, but highly flawed according to most scientific data. Sorry that says it all right there.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman05 View Post
    If you cannot come up with serious replies and arguments for your position, then I shall have no alternative but to discredit you further as a weak, pathetic debater who is not any further worth my time.
    You did not have a valid argument before this even started.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  7. #327
    Professor
    Mathematician's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    09-22-17 @ 09:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    2,147

    Re: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    I already covered most of this. You are just repeating yourself at this point. Racism exists and it is a cultural phenomenon that is not going away anytime soon.

    Your reasoning is flawed because a black person being successful is not a factor in racism. Blacks were successful prior to the civil rights movement through hard work etc. You are completely and utterly blinded by your own bigotry in this. I mean look at your own comments like "think what you will. NAACP, affirmative action... they exist. You have no argument there. So because of affirmative action laws and the NAACP, the racism I experienced directly and still do is invalid? What kind of moronic crap is that?

    Every black person on this forum including the stanchest black conservative can tell you racism is alive and well in the US. The fact that you want to deny this because some blacks are successful is absolutely stupefying, I mean really.

    You need to get a grip on reality and stop pretending racism just vanished because Obama was elected.
    Blackdog,

    What blacks need to realize is, whether intentional or not, blacks have kept feeding the racism while society tried to kill it. If you're trying to rid your home of cockroaches then you don't want to be leaving food scraps around the house. Consider the following:

    1. The word nigger has been seen as far worse than any curse words for historical reasons. Instead of helping to stop the use of that word, the black society has made that word more common than ever. They can't claim they try to turn it into a positive word either. Just as much as you hear "dats my nigga Jason" you hear "Nigga, I'll $&@$ yo azz up!".

    2. Over the years since MLK, claims of racism have reached an unbelievable degree of absurdity. Consider two of the most recent events. Not wanting Rice as Secretary of State after Benghazi resulted in both sexism and racism accusations. Even more absurd, you have Whitlock call the NRA the new KKK after Belcher's murder suicide. He explicitly stated he believed in a conspiracy that whites were trying to load black youth up with guns and drugs so they'd kill each other over drug wars. Blacks and the media were quicker than flies on $&@$ to cry racism against Zimmerman. There's a very good reason the term "race card" has become common.

    3. Black society has been the squeaky wheel that wants more than the grease, they want the bacon as well. Again falling back to the race card, when they are losing in unemployment and GPA, let's blame it on poverty and trace that poverty all the way back to slavery. I'm sure you've heard the complaint of having worse schools. I'm sorry, but they've got chalkboards and books as good as when I was in school. Furthermore, Asians come out on top in GPA, and they obviously aren't in better schools than whites. From a mile away you can see that the difference is the commonality of teaching the value of education.

    I have more I could add, but I think that's enough to argue that racism has evolved. Years ago, it was the belief in inferiority of races based purely on their race. Nowadays, it's because people are annoyed by their actions.
    "With me everything turns into mathematics."
    "It is not enough to have a good mind. The main thing is to use it well."
    "It is truth very certain that, when it is not in one's power to determine what is true, we ought to follow what is more probable." -- Rene Descartes

  8. #328
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,549

    Re: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains

    Quote Originally Posted by Mathematician View Post
    Blackdog,

    What blacks need to realize is, whether intentional or not, blacks have kept feeding the racism while society tried to kill it. If you're trying to rid your home of cockroaches then you don't want to be leaving food scraps around the house. Consider the following:

    1. The word nigger has been seen as far worse than any curse words for historical reasons. Instead of helping to stop the use of that word, the black society has made that word more common than ever. They can't claim they try to turn it into a positive word either. Just as much as you hear "dats my nigga Jason" you hear "Nigga, I'll $&@$ yo azz up!".

    2. Over the years since MLK, claims of racism have reached an unbelievable degree of absurdity. Consider two of the most recent events. Not wanting Rice as Secretary of State after Benghazi resulted in both sexism and racism accusations. Even more absurd, you have Whitlock call the NRA the new KKK after Belcher's murder suicide. He explicitly stated he believed in a conspiracy that whites were trying to load black youth up with guns and drugs so they'd kill each other over drug wars. Blacks and the meia were quicker than flies on $&@$ to cry racism against Zimmerman. There's a very good reason the term "race card" has become common.

    3. Black society has been the squeaky wheel that wants more than the grease, they want the bacon as well. Again falling back to the race card, when they are losing in unemployment and GPA, let's blame it on poverty and trace that poverty all the way back to slavery. I'm sure you've heard the complaint of having worse schools. I'm sorry, but they've got chalkboards and books as good as when I was in school. Furthermore, Asians come out on top in GPA, and they obviously aren't in better schools than whites. From a mile away you can see that the difference is the commonality of teaching the value of education.

    I have more I could add, but I think that's enough to argue that racism has evolved. Years ago, it was the belief in inferiority of races based purely on their race. Nowadays, it's because people are annoyed by their actions.
    I agree with allot of this, and disagree with some. This does not excuse racism. I mean people do allot of things to piss people off, blaming it all on race is just silly.

    Let me add the problems in the black community are many as you have pointed out some of them. I 100% agree with the thin skin claimed nracism. One guy claimed just saying that there is a group of black guys is racist. That is silly. Again this does not however excuse real racism, period.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  9. #329
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-26-14 @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,032

    Re: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Yea that's exactly what I said. Nice strawman though.



    Complex? COMPLEX? It's no more complex than you think your race is superior/inferior, that's it. Nothing complex about that.



    This is not a statement of theory, it is a statement of fact...

    Thirdly, this is exactly my point. That racism exists and is alive and well because it is an integral part of human nature if you believe the above statements to be true. And therefore, you can never get rid of racism because racism is embedded deep within each and every human being, of any race, on the planet. A fight against racism is a fight against humanity itself. This is explained all in the above comment i made. It is therefore not a cultural phenomenon, but an inherent human phenomenon. - Rainman05



    I understand them perfectly and they are crap.

    #1 Race is a social construct
    #2 Racism is a learned response, not inherent.

    Your "factually" stated "theory" is bull****, wrong, not correct according to modern science...

    There are some psychiatrists pioneering the study that racism is a psychiatric disorder however, in general most agree that racism is a learned behavior especially since an individual learns this belief system under a social context. - http://www.essayjoint.co.uk/samples/...20Behavior.pdf

    Racism is quite a hot topic, and isn't likely to go away anytime soon.

    The following is a true story:

    A white young boy, John, of about five years old came in and told his mother, "I don't like black people."

    The mother was somewhat surprised as her best friend, Sarah, was a black lady and her son, Todd, played together all the time.

    The mother asked John, "what about Todd?" John's friend.

    John didn't say anything - remember; he's five (5).

    The mother asked John, "what about Ms. Sarah?"

    John thought for a moment and he didn't say anything. (He's 5 years old) It was as though he was thinking about his friend and his friend's mother without realizing that their skin color was different from his.

    Upon further investigation, John told his mother that he'd heard the people next door say bad things about black people.

    Now what does that tell you!!

    Taught through a learned behavior?

    Or

    Inherent behavior?
    - Racism - Learned Behavior Or Inherent Behavior?



    This is not a logical conclusion. That is the problem, the causation/correlation does not exist between success and racism. So the only conclusion I can come to is you want to justify racism as inborn, thus justifying your own racism.



    You are the one doing such...

    Then the only logical conclusion is that which I made. - Rainman05

    Then you say my examples are somehow me. Sorry it's all you man.



    Because you will not accept that your conclusion is not only wrong, but highly flawed according to most scientific data. Sorry that says it all right there.



    You did not have a valid argument before this even started.
    Dude, you have taken things out of context.

    Here: "Thirdly, this is exactly my point. That racism exists and is alive and well because it is an integral part of human nature if you believe the above statements to be true. And therefore, you can never get rid of racism because racism is embedded deep within each and every human being, of any race, on the planet. A fight against racism is a fight against humanity itself. This is explained all in the above comment i made. It is therefore not a cultural phenomenon, but an inherent human phenomenon. - Rainman05"

    is tied together with the fact that if the statement provided above, A B C D --- G are TRUE. You are taking things out of context and of course, that way, it sounds racist. Such a low blow. And of course I am saying those things. I am saying them, I am writing them, but it is not about ME. You are making it about you when you say you're black and that you experience whatever it is you said you experienced. There is no way for me to discuss with you on YOUR personal experiences. Such a low blow, disgusting of you man. Disgusting.

    Same with the other one.

    Furthermore, who the hell are the people who wrote those articles which you presented? They are nobody.

    BJC on HubPages

    Who is she? She is the person who told you that pretty story and said it was true. What are her credentials? This is her:
    BJC on HubPages
    I am happily married with three beautiful grand-daughters, and three adult children. Living on the "farm” with my husband, we have approximately 50 chickens (we’ve downsized), dogs, cats, ducks, and four goats, Billy, Rose, Buttercup, & Lily, and gophers. Actually the gophers were there before we were and we see them once in a while and yes, we leave them alone! In fact two of the cats and one of the dogs

    Good job man, good job on finding a credible, well informed, well documented source to present your case. A woman who has 50 chickens. Good job man, just awesome. Find more of such people please.

    "This is not a logical conclusion. That is the problem, the causation/correlation does not exist between success and racism. So the only conclusion I can come to is you want to justify racism as inborn, thus justifying your own racism." Again, this isn't about me. I am indeed the one who presents these theories, but it doesn't mean I adhere to them. If you really want to know my position is that I don't know. I don't know if racism is inherent or if it is taught. I would like to believe it is taught, but I can not be certain. Because there are too may problems with the notion that it is a social construct.

    Also, call me a racist again, or accuse me of being a racist and I will end this conversation with you. Because your silver bullets only serve to discredit you. You have proven yourself to be a joke 3 times in 2 comments now, 2x accusing me of being a racist and the third with that nonsense of a source you put forward. I am willing to give you 1 more comment in which you can show that you are not a joke. use it wisely or else I shan't continue this conversation.

  10. #330
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,549

    Re: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman05 View Post
    Dude, you have taken things out of context.

    Here: "Thirdly, this is exactly my point. That racism exists and is alive and well because it is an integral part of human nature if you believe the above statements to be true. And therefore, you can never get rid of racism because racism is embedded deep within each and every human being, of any race, on the planet. A fight against racism is a fight against humanity itself. This is explained all in the above comment i made. It is therefore not a cultural phenomenon, but an inherent human phenomenon. - Rainman05"

    is tied together with the fact that if the statement provided above, A B C D --- G are TRUE. You are taking things out of context and of course, that way, it sounds racist. Such a low blow. And of course I am saying those things. I am saying them, I am writing them, but it is not about ME. You are making it about you when you say you're black and that you experience whatever it is you said you experienced. There is no way for me to discuss with you on YOUR personal experiences. Such a low blow, disgusting of you man. Disgusting.

    Same with the other one.

    Furthermore, who the hell are the people who wrote those articles which you presented? They are nobody.

    BJC on HubPages

    Who is she? She is the person who told you that pretty story and said it was true. What are her credentials? This is her:
    BJC on HubPages
    I am happily married with three beautiful grand-daughters, and three adult children. Living on the "farm” with my husband, we have approximately 50 chickens (we’ve downsized), dogs, cats, ducks, and four goats, Billy, Rose, Buttercup, & Lily, and gophers. Actually the gophers were there before we were and we see them once in a while and yes, we leave them alone! In fact two of the cats and one of the dogs

    Good job man, good job on finding a credible, well informed, well documented source to present your case. A woman who has 50 chickens. Good job man, just awesome. Find more of such people please.

    "This is not a logical conclusion. That is the problem, the causation/correlation does not exist between success and racism. So the only conclusion I can come to is you want to justify racism as inborn, thus justifying your own racism." Again, this isn't about me. I am indeed the one who presents these theories, but it doesn't mean I adhere to them. If you really want to know my position is that I don't know. I don't know if racism is inherent or if it is taught. I would like to believe it is taught, but I can not be certain. Because there are too may problems with the notion that it is a social construct.

    Also, call me a racist again, or accuse me of being a racist and I will end this conversation with you. Because your silver bullets only serve to discredit you. You have proven yourself to be a joke 3 times in 2 comments now, 2x accusing me of being a racist and the third with that nonsense of a source you put forward. I am willing to give you 1 more comment in which you can show that you are not a joke. use it wisely or else I shan't continue this conversation.
    You can end it now, would not bother me one bit. I mean really first...

    You accuse me of saying something I did not...

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/breaki...post1061256057

    Than you get an attitude because I was indeed correct and you admitted it.

    You can take your attitude and leave, I am cool with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

Page 33 of 72 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •