Page 3 of 72 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 712

Thread: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains why

  1. #21
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,306

    Re: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    There you have it folks, acknowledging that race plays a role in your life is now racist.

    American has taken the whole 'racist' thing to new heights and I get why he's doing it. If he calls anything or anyone which even mentions 'race' 'racist', he doesn't have to feel so bad about his own feelings toward race.
    Wow am I glad you're here, to save us from our wrongheadedness.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  2. #22
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,306

    Re: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains

    Quote Originally Posted by Ben K. View Post
    Meh, when was the last time you saw a movie with a black leading man? Not a comedy or a popcorn action flick starring will smith. A serious movie with a chance to win awards, that also doesn't revolve it's plot around the blackness of the character?

    Nothing racist in what he said.
    Let put conditions on it, to make sure we can label Hollywood racist. Maybe you'd like to control the naming criteria for the movies, to make sure?
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  3. #23
    Resident Martian ;)
    PirateMk1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    9,922

    Re: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    And there you have it. The leftwing hero is a bonafide modern day racist.

    If that is a bona fide to you, PLEASE have others read the Certificate of Authenticy on your NAZCAR plates!

    You just add a bit more weight to Foxx's point. Many folks in this country, usually the ones who can't stand out in the sun for very long without a slathering of SPF30, seem incrediably insensitive to any other culture but their own. Now if Foxx did some bonehead thing for all to see there would be a line of the SPF crowd lined up to cluck about it- such gems like part of the Sharpton crowd, or typical urban epic fail, or perhaps reference being raised by an 'inner city' single mother...

    Mr. Foxx just pointed out how often and in so many ways he is reminded it is a white man's world and he has the pull to at least attempt to remind the SPF crowd there are a few other types around.

    Perhaps a few of the SPFs have a bias of their own reading interweb stories...
    Actually I am incredibly insensitive to ALL cultures including my own. I really couldnt give a **** what anybody else thinks of me or my thoughts. Much ado about nothing if you ask me. I have found STUPID comes in ALL flavors. Mr. Fox has personel issues. Whether or not he resolves them is his problem.
    Semper Fidelis, Semper Liber.
    I spit at lots of people through my computer screen. Not only does it "teach them a lesson" but it keeps the screen clean and shiny.
    Stolen fair and square from the Capt. Courtesey himself.

  4. #24
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains

    Quote Originally Posted by samsmart View Post
    I don't think that he's racist. Rather, I think that he is hypersensitive to how others see him in regards to race.

    Remember, he's an actor, and while individual actors, directors, and producers may be racially enlightened, Hollywood as a whole still has problems in regards to race.

    Especially when minority actors can get only certain kinds of roles, not necessarily because of the prejudices of Hollywood but rather the prejudices Hollywood thinks the rest of the country still has.

    So no, I don't think he's racist at all.

    What "only certain kind of roles" can black actors get?


    I mean.... for ****s sake..... Morgan Freeman was G O D.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  5. #25
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains

    Quote Originally Posted by Ben K. View Post
    Meh, when was the last time you saw a movie with a black leading man? Not a comedy or a popcorn action flick starring will smith. A serious movie with a chance to win awards, that also doesn't revolve it's plot around the blackness of the character?

    Nothing racist in what he said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fisher View Post
    Denzel Washington seems to do well in the drama department. The last movie I saw of his was the one with the runaway train that had nothing to do with the blackness of his character (whatever that means)
    Owned....................
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  6. #26
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    And there you have it. The leftwing hero is a bonafide modern day racist.

    If that is a bona fide to you, PLEASE have others read the Certificate of Authenticy on your NAZCAR plates!
    What is that supposed to mean? Why are you coming into a thread using bigoted stereotypes?

    You just add a bit more weight to Foxx's point. Many folks in this country, usually the ones who can't stand out in the sun for very long without a slathering of SPF30, seem incrediably insensitive to any other culture but their own.
    And more.....
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  7. #27
    Is Idiot Supreme
    Davo The Mavo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    11-08-17 @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,999

    Re: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains

    An older white guy's take on racial insensitivity and being color blind:

    As I said, I am white . . . grew up in a white neighborhood and did not have a personal one on one relationship with a black person until I was 11-years old. That relationship was my only one until I entered the military at 17-years old. If there has been one thing I learned over the years, until every race starts having sex with every other race and we all end up looking like Filipinos, it will be impossible to be color blind. As it should be.

    I know for a fact I had it better, and still do, as an average white guy in America than the average black man who is the same age. It is a good chance most black men my age have been called that one word in anger by someone white in their life. It is a fact that a black man my age had parents that were not allowed to vote in many places until 1964 (not that long ago). Depending on where the black man comes from, there is a good chance one my age has actually had to use a "Colored Only" bathroom or water fountain in their life. Throw in slavery, post civili war Jim Crow, and I personally think black folks still have a reason to be a tad racially sensitive.

    As long as Jamal goes to jail for 5-years for possession of cocaine, and Jimmy from the suburbs gets probation for the same amount, we have a problem. Take Sociology 101 to find out it ain't "all good" for everyone. The civil rights era is not ancient history . . . there are people still alive that participated in it . . . from BOTH sides. Yes, folks who use to hold protest signs saying, "No N*@@&# in my school" are still walking around and still harbor those sentiments. I dare say, there may be a few in this forum.

    Lastly, I am a product of my environment . . . I cannot imagine how I would have turned out had I grown up in a place like Caprini Green in Chicago. I'd probably be dead . . . I know me. Until we actually reach an era where color doesn't matter . . . I am not sure being color blind is the way to go . . . unless of course acknowledging the difference is uncomfortable. Im not sayin', I'm just sayin'.

  8. #28
    Fourum Addmean
    shlunka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Land of the sodomizers
    Last Seen
    03-18-16 @ 09:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,758

    Re: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Invisible View Post
    How is what he said racist? He is not putting any races down or saying that African-Americans are a superior race. We need to remember that racism is a system, it's a system where people are oppressed due to their racial/ethnic identity. None of what Foxx said was racist.
    I believe it's because he's insinuating that those who do not share his race interact drastically different than him, he even stated that he had to "talk different" around the "white people" making him just as racist as those who he is apparently trying to conform to.
    Either I'm right or you're wrong.

  9. #29
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains

    Quote Originally Posted by DiavoTheMiavo View Post
    An older white guy's take on racial insensitivity and being color blind:

    As I said, I am white . . . grew up in a white neighborhood and did not have a personal one on one relationship with a black person until I was 11-years old. That relationship was my only one until I entered the military at 17-years old. If there has been one thing I learned over the years, until every race starts having sex with every other race and we all end up looking like Filipinos, it will be impossible to be color blind. As it should be.

    I know for a fact I had it better, and still do, as an average white guy in America than the average black man who is the same age. It is a good chance most black men my age have been called that one word in anger by someone white in their life. It is a fact that a black man my age had parents that were not allowed to vote in many places until 1964 (not that long ago). Depending on where the black man comes from, there is a good chance one my age has actually had to use a "Colored Only" bathroom or water fountain in their life. Throw in slavery, post civili war Jim Crow, and I personally think black folks still have a reason to be a tad racially sensitive.

    As long as Jamal goes to jail for 5-years for possession of cocaine, and Jimmy from the suburbs gets probation for the same amount, we have a problem. Take Sociology 101 to find out it ain't "all good" for everyone. The civil rights era is not ancient history . . . there are people still alive that participated in it . . . from BOTH sides. Yes, folks who use to hold protest signs saying, "No N*@@&# in my school" are still walking around and still harbor those sentiments. I dare say, there may be a few in this forum.

    Lastly, I am a product of my environment . . . I cannot imagine how I would have turned out had I grown up in a place like Caprini Green in Chicago. I'd probably be dead . . . I know me. Until we actually reach an era where color doesn't matter . . . I am not sure being color blind is the way to go . . . unless of course acknowledging the difference is uncomfortable. Im not sayin', I'm just sayin'.
    You don't get it....

    I as a white guy have to be color-blind. For if I am not, I am racist.
    Jamie Fox does not have to be color blind. In fact, it is encouraged and accepted for him to take race into account in every single thing that he does.


    My only point in this whole "race discussion" is that an honest discussion cannot be had if one side is too afraid to speak on the issue for being labeled a racist while the other controls the discussion.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  10. #30
    Is Idiot Supreme
    Davo The Mavo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    11-08-17 @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,999

    Re: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    You don't get it....

    I as a white guy have to be color-blind.
    I guess I'm racist. I am not color blind and I am willing to discuss racial issues.

Page 3 of 72 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •