Page 24 of 72 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 712

Thread: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains why

  1. #231
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains

    Quote Originally Posted by DiavoTheMiavo View Post
    I finally figured it out . . . Jamie Foxx and all those elite black people are perpetrating a fraud against the white man to keep the white man down.
    Hardly......
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  2. #232
    Is Idiot Supreme
    Davo The Mavo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    11-08-17 @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,999

    Re: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    It is sarcasm......
    Well, with your past words in the thread, that is really hard to see. I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin', you have developed a reputation that has preceded you in this thread.

  3. #233
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post



    Please take a course in sociology. You're hurting yourself.
    So you still can't show racism is the cause of the disparities.... Or are you even claiming that.

    I acknowledge there are disparities..... I reject the implication that the disparities are based on racism without some sort of evidence that points to racism.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  4. #234
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains

    Quote Originally Posted by DiavoTheMiavo View Post
    Well, with your past words in the thread, that is really hard to see. I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin', you have developed a reputation that has preceded you in this thread.
    Of what? Someone who doesn't accept that racism is everywhere and all around me?


    People are racist.

    Individuals are racist.

    Our society is not racist.

    Nothing but society will change my opinion on that matter.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  5. #235
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,076

    Re: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    So you still can't show racism is the cause of the disparities.... Or are you even claiming that.
    Actually, I've shown hundreds upon hundreds of sources explaining where racism as a concept is modernly embodied in government policies, hiring practices, wealth inequalities etc. You refuse to acknowledge it the same way Evangelicals claim that evolution is not a fact because there isn't a croco-duck fossil. Not much I can do about your denial.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  6. #236
    Pathetic Douchebag
    Cilogy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    10-10-14 @ 05:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,587

    Re: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    So a trailer park white person is a couple steps ahead of Micheal Jordan's kids? Bull****.
    If two kids were to pursue the same path with the same resources, the black kid is more likely come across obstacles than the white kid. It sucks, and we need to do as much as we can to remove those obstacles, but that's unfortunately how it is, even 50 years after civil rights movements.

    Why do you assume white people don't have to deal with racism from blacks for the rest of their lives any more or less than blacks have to deal with racism for the rest of theirs?
    Because they don't. The system is already sort of fixed in favor of the straight, white, wealthy male.

    Generally, a white person can willingly put themselves in a situation where they are victims of racial discrimination, but they can also willingly remove themselves from that. I don't fault them for that, nor blame them, that's sort of where "white guilt" comes from, which is something that's been fabricated by the left to deal with racism. However, I think it's important that white people understand that they have a certain privilege that other groups of people do not.

    I haven't come across a situation in which a white person experiences racism for their entire life the way a black person might, can you give me an example so I understand?


  7. #237
    Is Idiot Supreme
    Davo The Mavo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    11-08-17 @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,999

    Re: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    So you still can't show racism is the cause of the disparities.... Or are you even claiming that.

    I acknowledge there are disparities..... I reject the implication that the disparities are based on racism without some sort of evidence that points to racism.
    I cannot show it here . . . but I see it every damn day. White people saying, "Nigger" every frickin' day. It exists . . . in fact it is right here in this thread. Even if they cannot intellectually be honest about it . . . certain folks have established their true nature.

  8. #238
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:08 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,432

    Re: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains

    'I come into this place to do a photo shoot and they got Ritz crackers and cheese.

    'I'll be like, ain't this a b***h. Y'all didn't know black people was coming.'

    In the same vein he explained that if he turned up to the photo shoot and there was fried chicken and watermelon, he would also be annoyed at the stereotype.
    Ok, so this begs the question: What snacks would have been acceptable?

    Seriously. While I have no doubt there are legitimate issues that need to be resolved overall, this particular gripe comes off as just griping for gripe's sake. It sounds like the people who hosted are damned if they do, damned if they don't.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  9. #239
    Professor
    Mathematician's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    09-22-17 @ 09:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    2,147

    Re: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    Ok, so this begs the question: What snacks would have been acceptable?

    Seriously. While I have no doubt there are legitimate issues that need to be resolved overall, this particular gripe comes off as just griping for gripe's sake. It sounds like the people who hosted are damned if they do, damned if they don't.
    Next time they can offer chicken and waffles.
    "With me everything turns into mathematics."
    "It is not enough to have a good mind. The main thing is to use it well."
    "It is truth very certain that, when it is not in one's power to determine what is true, we ought to follow what is more probable." -- Rene Descartes

  10. #240
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,076

    Re: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    Ok, so this begs the question: What snacks would have been acceptable?

    Seriously. While I have no doubt there are legitimate issues that need to be resolved overall, this particular gripe comes off as just griping for gripe's sake. It sounds like the people who hosted are damned if they do, damned if they don't.
    I think that was a bit of a joke. Everybody likes chicken.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

Page 24 of 72 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •