Page 21 of 72 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 712

Thread: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains why

  1. #201
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Lolz, so you're saying it does exist but only when the person claiming it isn't in your face about it.
    I only assume that by *IT* you are talking about a SPECIFIC problem that you just interjected into the conversation before anyone else in the conversation had brought it up..... In the form of linking studies.




    Here is a post card of The Nile:
    Im sorry you can't seem to accept common sense. A study that shows a disparity amongst racial groups does not prove RACISM it only shows a racial disparity. One has to make an assumption to LEAP in LOGIC from Point A to point C without anything else getting them there than their imagination to assume that the reason for the disparity is racism rather than something else.

    If you can prove to me that racism is the reason for the disparities listed, I'll retract my comment.

    But Im willing to bet you can't prove that racism is the reason.... you have to assume it... WITHOUT EVIDENCE.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  2. #202
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,018

    Re: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    Nigerians are actually a pretty successful minority in the states. Though I think it would be misplaced to assume that this means 'racism" doesn't exist. being that there are going to be various "legacies" from particular historical practices, be it cultural, economic, or educational.
    Nigerians are successful for the same reason Italians have been. Not having to deal with things like slavery and Jim Crow has helped, but it's mostly because they are distrustful of other groups. They keep businesses owned by Nigerians and run by them with very little outsourcing. It's a privilege that blacks from this country never really got to enjoy until after the 60s.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  3. #203
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    It's different because the factors leading up to it are different.

    The factors behind it.

    Because the factors aren't the same.
    What are the factors and how do they effect the outcome?

    Or is it that some groups just get an instant "pass".
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  4. #204
    Pathetic Douchebag
    Cilogy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    10-10-14 @ 05:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,587

    Re: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    how can "some blacks" be a generalization about a race?
    I misquoted, I had like 3 tabs open for this thread and I was getting confused about who I was quoting.


  5. #205
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,018

    Re: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    I only assume that by *IT* you are talking about a SPECIFIC problem that you just interjected into the conversation before anyone else in the conversation had brought it up..... In the form of linking studies.
    No, I'm saying that you think racism exists but as long as it's some far away statistic you can live in denial about.

    Im sorry you can't seem to accept common sense. A study that shows a disparity amongst racial groups does not prove RACISM
    Who says it does? It's simply one more piece of evidence in 100 years of race based sociological studies started by W.E.B. Du Bois. It's kind of like saying that 1 dinosaur proves evolution. It doesn't. It's the millions of other pieces of information which looked at together that prove it.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  6. #206
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-26-14 @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,032

    Re: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains

    Quote Originally Posted by Cilogy View Post
    From what I understand, your argument basically says this, step-by-step:

    1. prominent black people are in prominent positions, therefore racism no longer exists
    2. but racism obviously still exists, that is a fact
    3. therefore the only conclusion is that humans are inherently racist

    I'm not coming up with a long, drawn out argument because, number one, I find this argument hilarious, and number two, it's not as simple and black-and-white as saying "racism is either entirely non-existent, or it is inherent in our being".

    So, my question is, what do we do to stop that racism, considering your argument about racism being innate?
    It is not hilarious, you are just not understanding or representing it correctly. By simplifying it, you are destroying the argument. You cannot minimize complex problems when presenting them.

    If racism is innate, as in, part of our very human essence... then there is nothing you can do about it. Just like you cannot remove humanity's need to sleep, eat, piss, feel cold or warm or anything else that is a natural reponse... you cannot remove racism. You can go on hunger strikes and last weeks but you cave eventually, you can ignore the cold and suffer the consequences, you can even subdue racism. But because it is a normal, natural thing, it will always come out. Therefore, criticizing it is to criticize the human condition and to attack it is to attack human nature itself. And you cannot win. And the beauty of this is that if this is true, then in this case, Jamie fox is a racist. The liberals are the most racist individuals and not just that, but the most inhumane of individuals, almost all the politically active movie stars are also behaving in an inhumane fashion and the world as we know ,from this standpoint, is all wrong and we need to see a different angle to diminishing its effects because the way we are doing things NOW doesn't work and will never work. It will just make things worse.

  7. #207
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    Nigerians are actually a pretty successful minority in the states. Though I think it would be misplaced to assume that this means 'racism" doesn't exist. being that there are going to be various "legacies" from particular historical practices, be it cultural, economic, or educational.
    Its funny...

    Most REAL "African-Americans" that I have met have a great positive attitude, and I've never heard them complaint of non-existant racism in their lives or allow the idea of racism to get them down.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  8. #208
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,018

    Re: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    What are the factors and how do they effect the outcome?

    Or is it that some groups just get an instant "pass".
    How the group arrives in the country, government policies, war-time policies, economic conditions etc. If you'd like I can suggest a few universities with great sociological departments. You should take a course.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  9. #209
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    I'm simply stating your past behavior in these debates. You have nothing other than denial and weak arguments of personal experience as if they mean anything compared to empirical evidence.
    my favorite artists are barry manilow, george strait, and ODB.

  10. #210
    Pathetic Douchebag
    Cilogy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    10-10-14 @ 05:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,587

    Re: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman05 View Post
    It is not hilarious, you are just not understanding or representing it correctly. By simplifying it, you are destroying the argument. You cannot minimize complex problems when presenting them.

    If racism is innate, as in, part of our very human essence... then there is nothing you can do about it. Just like you cannot remove humanity's need to sleep, eat, piss, feel cold or warm or anything else that is a natural reponse... you cannot remove racism. You can go on hunger strikes and last weeks but you cave eventually, you can ignore the cold and suffer the consequences, you can even subdue racism. But because it is a normal, natural thing, it will always come out. Therefore, criticizing it is to criticize the human condition and to attack it is to attack human nature itself. And you cannot win. And the beauty of this is that if this is true, then in this case, Jamie fox is a racist. The liberals are the most racist individuals and not just that, but the most inhumane of individuals, almost all the politically active movie stars are also behaving in an inhumane fashion and the world as we know ,from this standpoint, is all wrong and we need to see a different angle to diminishing its effects because the way we are doing things NOW doesn't work and will never work. It will just make things worse.
    So you believe there really is nothing we can do about it? That's depressing to me.


Page 21 of 72 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •