Page 20 of 72 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 712

Thread: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains why

  1. #191
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-26-14 @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,032

    Re: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Then I guess you're nothing more than a revisionist who picks and chooses which evidence to look at. However, do tell, how does 80 years of slavery followed by another 100 of government imposed discrimination make the clear generational effects of racism any less. I'd love to hear the answer.
    I am no revisionist. I am just a person who knows the property of terms. Yes, slavery in the american colonies started in 1650's when a black man won a court case for him owning another black man. He won it, and then slavery became a thing.

    As for the rest of what you said. I already gave my replies. This is my comment on the issue. I made it before, and I will make it again.
    -------
    There are black congressmen(and even the president). There are black CEOs (i.e. the CEO of Mcdonalds is a black man). There are black movie stars and millionaires and billionaires and everything. So do tell me how come there is still racism?

    You know what is racist? Eric Holder refusing to put the black panther party on trial because it would denigrate "his people". That is real racism right there.

    You know what else is racist? The KKK in the 1930's.
    You know what else is racist? The fact that in California, mexicans and blacks are the most violent crime victims of each other. That means that blacks get killed mostly by mexicans in violent crimes and viceversa.

    You know what else is racist? Claiming that racism is influencing every aspect of your life and you encounter it keeping you down every day despite living in showbis, the most liberal environment in the ENTIRE world. The ENTIRE world.

    With this in mind, I would like to make the following proposition.

    Given the following evidence.

    A) There are prominent blacks in all aspects of public life (government, congress, etc)
    B) There are prominent blacks in all aspect of intellectual life (thomas sowell, Neil degrasse tyson, the most popular ones)
    C) There are prominent blacks in sports (you name it)
    D) There are prominent blacks in business (CEO of Mcdonalds and Xerox-> its even a black woman)
    E) There are prominent blacks in showbis, the most liberal environemnt in the world.
    F) Everywhere in general... you can find prominent blacks

    And yet, despite all these things being TRUE, there is still racism, and racism is in fact a MAJOR problem in the world, even in the MOST LIBERAL PLACE in the world, then the only logical conclusion to derive from this is the following: That racism is part and parcel of human nature. In fact, it is impossible to be human without being a racist, and this is equally valid for all races. In fact, it is inhumane to not be a racist because despite even the most equalitarian ideologies being shoved down people's throats in all aspects of life, racism still prevails even in the most heavily influenced areas of those ideologies. Therefore, racism is above everything in power and can NEVER be removed from humanity and therefore it will always be there as a staple, as the essence of what it means to be a human.
    Again, this is only if all above are TRUE, which they are.

    If you do not want the above theorem to be valid, then we just have to agree that Jamie Foxxx, like many others, are just stupid racists.

  2. #192
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,018

    Re: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    And are you just going to excuse it with a "Not all marginalization is the same" or are you going to ask the important question.

    Why is it different? What Makes it different? WHY is it not the same?
    It's different because the factors leading up to it are different.

    The factors behind it.

    Because the factors aren't the same.

    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  3. #193
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains

    Quote Originally Posted by Cilogy View Post
    Because he is a person of color and automatically, regardless of his actions, feels the effects of race discrimination.
    Automatically? How so?

    I feel that this is a cop out.... One of those "instant built in excuses" that we see when it comes to the race discussion in America that creates a WALL to progress.

    When a person grows up white in the US, they get the privilege of not having to deal with the effects of racism. If they choose to, they can go about saying they are "color-blind" because they don't have to deal with racism in the way other people do. People who are not, who are people of color, do not get this privilege.
    Any white person who has had to spend 10 minutes as the only white person in a group of 6 people also deals with racism......
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  4. #194
    Pathetic Douchebag
    Cilogy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    10-10-14 @ 05:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,587

    Re: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman05 View Post
    Well it depends on which side of the story you accept.

    But do come up with longer, more comprehensive answers and make a detailed argument about your opinion.
    From what I understand, your argument basically says this, step-by-step:

    1. prominent black people are in prominent positions, therefore racism no longer exists
    2. but racism obviously still exists, that is a fact
    3. therefore the only conclusion is that humans are inherently racist

    I'm not coming up with a long, drawn out argument because, number one, I find this argument hilarious, and number two, it's not as simple and black-and-white as saying "racism is either entirely non-existent, or it is inherent in our being".

    So, my question is, what do we do to stop that racism, considering your argument about racism being innate?


  5. #195
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains

    Quote Originally Posted by Maenad View Post
    LOL. Well we have a lot of blacks in this country who immigrated from Africa post civil war. They use the 'it's my skin color' cop out just like the rest.

    I find it interesting that Asians and Hispanics do not. They work their brown little asses off.
    Nigerians are actually a pretty successful minority in the states. Though I think it would be misplaced to assume that this means 'racism" doesn't exist. being that there are going to be various "legacies" from particular historical practices, be it cultural, economic, or educational.

  6. #196
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Yawn, we've played this game before.

    1. You claim there is no evidence for racism.
    2. I show you dozens of studies saying otherwise.
    3. You talk about your personal experience and that time you listened to DMX.

    Why do you do this to yourself? Every. Single. Time.
    I don't recall claiming I listed to DMX anywhere in this thread....

    So... WTF are you talking about?

    Oh, thats right, your just trolling again.

    And... Im playing catch up so Im still a little bit behind, those studies were discussed 11 minutes ago.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  7. #197
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains

    Quote Originally Posted by Cilogy View Post
    Exactly, it would be even worse if I experienced sexism.


    Now see, that's a generalization, and racist.
    how can "some blacks" be a generalization about a race?

  8. #198
    Is Idiot Supreme
    Davo The Mavo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    11-08-17 @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,999

    Re: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    And are you just going to excuse it with a "Not all marginalization is the same" or are you going to ask the important question.


    Why is it different? What Makes it different? WHY is it not the same?
    It was bad . . . seriously it was bad . . . so bad Reagan paid reparations. But . . . we did not take their cultural identity away from them. We did not buy and sell them. We did not break up their families. We did not try to keep them away from education . . . . We did not whip, mutilate, or maim them. That's just a few things.

  9. #199
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,018

    Re: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    I don't recall claiming I listed to DMX anywhere in this thread....
    I'm simply stating your past behavior in these debates. You have nothing other than denial and weak arguments of personal experience as if they mean anything compared to empirical evidence.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  10. #200
    Pathetic Douchebag
    Cilogy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    10-10-14 @ 05:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,587

    Re: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Automatically? How so?

    I feel that this is a cop out.... One of those "instant built in excuses" that we see when it comes to the race discussion in America that creates a WALL to progress.
    Because our system is unfortunately built in such a way that white people already start out a couple of steps ahead, and it's easier for them to walk up the stairs, but harder for others to do so. It's not a cop out, it's the inconvenient truth of the matter.

    Any white person who has had to spend 10 minutes as the only white person in a group of 6 people also deals with racism......
    Oh boy, 10 minutes of racism, what a displeasure for them.

    What happens when that white person steps outside of that group? Do they continue to experience it? Does it follow them? I'm someone who believes you should be proud of who you are, but at the same time people of color carry a certain burden that white people don't have to. If you feel discriminated among a group of people of color for 10 minutes, imagine having to deal with that for the rest of your life.


Page 20 of 72 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •