Page 19 of 72 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 712

Thread: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains why

  1. #181
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,087

    Re: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Must be nice to have a built in excuse for failure.

    I grew up poor, Im white....... I have no built in excuse.....

    A black person in my same exact situation and born in my same generation can still point to a time 3-5 generations prior to his/her own birth.
    Yawn, we've played this game before.

    1. You claim there is no evidence for racism.
    2. I show you dozens of studies saying otherwise.
    3. You talk about your personal experience and that time you listened to DMX.

    Why do you do this to yourself? Every. Single. Time.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  2. #182
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains

    Ummmm........First off.

    A. I wasn't talking about a specific complaint... I was talking about when assholes claim racism against an INDIVIDUAL with no evidence.
    B. Study SUGGESTS? Suggestions are Evidence now? Statistics don't prove racism, they show racial disparities, they don't explain WHY those disparities exist....
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  3. #183
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,087

    Re: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman05 View Post
    Oh no, nothing like that. I am saying that under the US, blacks had only been slaves for 80 years.
    And that is false as American history does not start in 1776 anymore than Irish history started when St. Patrick showed up.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  4. #184
    Is Idiot Supreme
    Davo The Mavo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    11-08-17 @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,999

    Re: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains

    Quote Originally Posted by Mathematician View Post
    ...and just how in the heck does that prevent them from studying in school worth a crap today?
    Many do . . . I never said they didn't . . . I don't group all black people together. I just made mention of the fact that's all. You were comparing I was kind of trying to suggest the comparison isn't applicable in MY eyes. You have a different paradigm than I do that's all.

  5. #185
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-26-14 @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,032

    Re: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains

    Quote Originally Posted by Cilogy View Post
    So then what do we do about it?
    Well it depends on which side of the story you accept.

    But do come up with longer, more comprehensive answers and make a detailed argument about your opinion.

  6. #186
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-26-14 @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,032

    Re: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    And that is false as American history does not start in 1776 anymore than Irish history started when St. Patrick showed up.
    That is why I am talking about the US government, not the history books.

    The US government. LAWS that US citizens and people who lived in those territories had to LIVE BY since the inception of the US government, which was in 1776.

  7. #187
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,087

    Re: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Ummmm........First off.

    A. I wasn't talking about a specific complaint... I was talking about when assholes claim racism against an INDIVIDUAL with no evidence.
    Lolz, so you're saying it does exist but only when the person claiming it isn't in your face about it.

    B. Study SUGGESTS? Suggestions are Evidence now? Statistics don't prove racism, they show racial disparities, they don't explain WHY those disparities exist....
    Here is a post card of The Nile:



    Enjoy.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  8. #188
    Is Idiot Supreme
    Davo The Mavo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    11-08-17 @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,999

    Re: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Lolz, so you're saying it does exist but only when the person claiming it isn't in your face about it.



    Here is a post card of The Nile:



    Enjoy.
    It not just a river you know.

  9. #189
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,087

    Re: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman05 View Post
    That is why I am talking about the US government, not the history books.

    The US government. LAWS that US citizens had to LIVE BY since the inception of the US government, which was in 1776.
    Then I guess you're nothing more than a revisionist who picks and chooses which evidence to look at. However, do tell, how does 80 years of slavery followed by another 100 of government imposed discrimination make the clear generational effects of racism any less. I'd love to hear the answer.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  10. #190
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: 'As a black person it's always racial': Django Unchained star Jamie Foxx explains

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    Nope, there are still generational effects for Japanese Americans. The scale is just different. Not all marginalization is the same with the same consequences. Racism is different from sexism which is different from homophobia and so on.
    And are you just going to excuse it with a "Not all marginalization is the same" or are you going to ask the important question.


    Why is it different? What Makes it different? WHY is it not the same?
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

Page 19 of 72 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •